Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

3 Year wait sounds like dealer BS to buy off the lot?

Something big??? Well, you know you need to share. You can't just tease us like that.
Would love to…but dealer signed NDA. He clearly wanted to tell me, but respected his contract.

This dealer could care less if you buy off the lot. They had 9 Blackwings waiting for delivery when I picked up mine.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.
How do we get on that tracker? DM you the order ## or something?

Just dropped off my trade in, my Blackwing still shows as Bayed in the system.

At this point I won't even be mad if it doesn't show up for two more months. I don't want to bring it home in winter.

Just dropped off my trade in, my Blackwing still shows as Bayed in the system.

At this point I won't even be mad if it doesn't show up for two more months. I don't want to bring it home in winter.
I can relate! Once it arrives get the dealer to deliver it as a courtesy. At least that way you won't have to worry about where it is.
20230202_121339.jpg

They do deliver but I don't want to go through that because my one garage spot has my Z06 in it right now.

Going forward I'll be storing one or the other in storage for the winter and one in my garage every winter but if it came now it would sit in my driveway for the next two months

I've thought about it... just not in the cards at the present (that would be the only way)
I've been thinking about it but not selling my 5 but buying 23 BW5. I'll have 2 5's and 1 BW4. I just ran into a problem, someone stole mail with a $30K check I sent and washed off the amount and the person's name and put their name on it. He called and told me he didn't receive the check, so I went to the bank to put a stop payment on it and found ou they deposited into a chase bank account the day before $50K almost draining my checking account. Now I'm dealing with the police and 2 banks and it's a royal pain in the ass. I've wasted 3 days with the police and banks.
Today I have to go back to police dept and tell them I want to press charges and have them arrested. Of course, California DA doesn't want them charged as long as I get my money back and that's BULLSHIT !!

@Akamai58 .......dang! Sorry to hear about that. Lets hope you get your money back and quickly. $50K??? I'd press charges. That has to be a felony. Hope it works out

So some interesting thing happened today. My local dealer called me and said my number has been called and an allocation is available. I can put down a refundable deposit and build the exact spec car I want. So I went ahead and placed an order for an electric blue. My current 2023 CT5BW manual sits in my garage with 5 miles on the OD. I jumped on a cancelled delivery since it has most of the things I wanted. I do like the black with bronze wheels but I worry about how to maintain that black color. I have spent a decent amount of time polish/correcting the paint and don’t want suede steering. So now lies the dilemma.
1. Dealer would like my mint BW as a trade in. But I’m not sure what the value of the car will be when the new one comes sometime in the summer. But with the number of cancellations I have seen lately, not sure car value will hold. But it is real nice to just trade in the car and not deal with 2nd party bringing a check.
2. Try selling it now. I would list it for what I paid for it which was msrp plus the tax, title, ship - comes to approx $108k. It’s in MN. Maybe there will be a willing person who wants to skip line and get a brand new BW with 5 miles on it.
3. Of course I could just end up keeping my current car and just enjoy polishing my black car all the time. This car will only be a summer car. Not have to worry about watching my goat sit at a shipping yard. But I also wonder if the new cars being built now are shipping faster.

Ah first world problems.

So some interesting thing happened today. My local dealer called me and said my number has been called and an allocation is available. I can put down a refundable deposit and build the exact spec car I want. So I went ahead and placed an order for an electric blue. My current 2023 CT5BW manual sits in my garage with 5 miles on the OD. I jumped on a cancelled delivery since it has most of the things I wanted. I do like the black with bronze wheels but I worry about how to maintain that black color. I have spent a decent amount of time polish/correcting the paint and don’t want suede steering. So now lies the dilemma.
1. Dealer would like my mint BW as a trade in. But I’m not sure what the value of the car will be when the new one comes sometime in the summer. But with the number of cancellations I have seen lately, not sure car value will hold. But it is real nice to just trade in the car and not deal with 2nd party bringing a check.
2. Try selling it now. I would list it for what I paid for it which was msrp plus the tax, title, ship - comes to approx $108k. It’s in MN. Maybe there will be a willing person who wants to skip line and get a brand new BW with 5 miles on it.
3. Of course I could just end up keeping my current car and just enjoy polishing my black car all the time. This car will only be a summer car. Not have to worry about watching my goat sit at a shipping yard. But I also wonder if the new cars being built now are shipping faster.

Ah first world problems.
With markets moving lower, I would sell it now. I don't see how it could be worth more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop