Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Seems to be alot of extra money for a decal of a certain racing course on the 120th cars. I can get a decal made for $20 at my graphics guy. I've learned that these "Limited Editions" don't really hold any more value unless they are garaged kept with barely any miles on the odometer and they are sold 30 years down the road. Barrett Jackson sold a Grand National Buick with 18 miles on the odometer for $550,000.

This is for a CT4. Yes it would go to the next person unless somebody here wanted to take over. Just trying to save some people a little time who are entering the rodeo
What I was trying to say is dealers don't let the customer let someone "take over" an order from someone else. Typically the order is bound to the person that places the order and if that person does not want it (cancels), they relinquish all claims to the order and the dealer decides what happens next - not the original customer. It's been tried on here before and that is what happens.

Seems to be alot of extra money for a decal of a certain racing course on the 120th cars. I can get a decal made for $20 at my graphics guy. I've learned that these "Limited Editions" don't really hold any more value unless they are garaged kept with barely any miles on the odometer and they are sold 30 years down the road. Barrett Jackson sold a Grand National Buick with 18 miles on the odometer for $550,000.
Purely an investment in that case and a long time to wait for ROI. 😐

I understand your point but, it sounds like you’re mixing together the 4 Track Edition and the 5 120th Anniversary Edition. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What I was trying to say is dealers don't let the customer let someone "take over" an order from someone else. Typically the order is bound to the person that places the order and if that person does not want it (cancels), they relinquish all claims to the order and the dealer decides what happens next - not the original customer. It's been tried on here before and that is what happens.
That’s unfortunate. Ok that settles that then. Thank you for the clarification. I’ll cancel my others asap.

You're on track to be one of the fastest ordered to delivery Blackwings ever. Congratulations! Even if it is a few more months, you are well ahead of the traditional Goat Rodeo 🐐
"one" of the fastest, lets not forget how fast both of my BW's were delivered..... My 5 was stupid fast... And if anyone does a search you can find both my build sheets with the dates and codes..

"one" of the fastest, lets not forget how fast both of my BW's were delivered..... My 5 was stupid fast... And if anyone does a search you can find both my build sheets with the dates and codes..
We all know that Big Fella. It was on the front of my mind when I wrote the post. Don't worry, your Legend has not diminished, and will only grow when you surely get one of the first track edition 4s!

We all know that Big Fella. It was on the front of my mind when I wrote the post. Don't worry, your Legend has not diminished, and will only grow when you surely get one of the first track edition 4s!
LOL, I'm just feeling spicy this morning. I may have wacked a hornets nest....
bet stick GIF

LOL, get the bee suit on! Do they make them that big??
Are you getting the ATL edition 4?
Hardly anything is made in my size, lol I'm not getting a track edition, thought about it for awhile... With the economy tanking and having to get my wife a new car next year I will just keep my 4BW that I have now...

Hardly anything is made in my size, lol I'm not getting a track edition, thought about it for awhile... With the economy tanking and having to get my wife a new car next year I will just keep my 4BW that I have now...
I would rather have your 2022 Rift with carbon than the 2023 Anniversary. Smart move TS!

You ponder with a lot of tech firms starting to lay off thousands of people, maybe demand is starting to slow, I have heard first hand that shipping is substantially improved for all things to the point shipping companies are starting to lay off drivers/people, and there is a chip glut. With bacon costing $8 a pack, maybe all this is contributing to faster build and delivery.
I wonder that too, and am sure that has an effect. While I haven't been laid off, the combo of higher interest rates, inflation, the $7k price hike, pricier gas have all weighed on this decision vs. when I place the order a year ago.

Re: the chip glut though, I specialize in chips for my job and that glut is mainly for computers and consumer goods. Automotive chips are still very constrained - not as much as before, but still quite bad. They tend to use slightly older and more basic technology, and companies are more hesitant to build out more capacity for older/legacy tech.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that they make so few of these cars, they will find 2500 buyers a year at MSRP. Especially on CT5-V. 4s are already being discounted. If they keep stripping parts and features due to availability, maybe it will change what people are willing to pay. The essence of the 5 is the LT4 and 6MT, so long as those carry on, that car sells.

My CT4V BW order was placed on 9/5 and allocated on 9/26. Production date was 10/3.

You're on track to be one of the fastest ordered to delivery Blackwings ever.

I doubt anyone will beat the guy who bought a Blackwing off a lot 3 days after finding out they existed.

I didn’t even know there was a thing call Blackwing a week ago. I accidentally saw a YouTube review of CT4 V Blackwing on Wednesday and bought one Saturday.

Just got the call. My 860043 just arrived. Bringing it home tomorrow.

I wonder that too, and am sure that has an effect. While I haven't been laid off, the combo of higher interest rates, inflation, the $7k price hike, pricier gas have all weighed on this decision vs. when I place the order a year ago.

Re: the chip glut though, I specialize in chips for my job and that glut is mainly for computers and consumer goods. Automotive chips are still very constrained - not as much as before, but still quite bad. They tend to use slightly older and more basic technology, and companies are more hesitant to build out more capacity for older/legacy tech.
Here's what I don't get. Auto production is down 20+% due to constrained chip production. This means the world was/is capable of producing more automotive chips because it did so for many years. The capacity must exist it just must have been crowed out by other things. Now demand for electronics is down as people already bought their home office items and their stay at home toys. Why are we still severely constrained?

Just got the call. My 860043 just arrived. Bringing it home tomorrow.
Go see Principal O-shaq-Hennessy right now to think about what this means!

Here's what I don't get. Auto production is down 20+% due to constrained chip production. This means the world was/is capable of producing more automotive chips because it did so for many years. The capacity must exist it just must have been crowed out by other things. Now demand for electronics is down as people already bought their home office items and their stay at home toys. Why are we still severely constrained?
Once the car companies thought demand would drop during COVID, they cancelled their orders, and that capacity went to other applications. The production planning lead time for chips can be 6-12 months, and don't forget the raw materials, tools and machines that makes/test chips, etc. were also constrained for quite some time (many of these can take well over a year from order to receiving them), not to mention shipping delays.

Unfortunately PC, smartphone, and TV sales going down doesn't create an immediate surplus because it's not like you can use an Intel laptop CPU to run a backup camera or power seat in a Blackwing. I mean, maybe you could but our cars would cost a lot more...

Oversimplification but long story short, there's a lag at every step of a complex, global chain and it takes a lot of time to sort out. I agree that I had hoped this would've gotten pretty much resolved by the end of 2022, but it's gradually getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop