Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
So I have been pondering couple things based on Cadillac CT5 being refreshed in 2024. But they have also said blackwings won’t be refreshed per some articles. Maybe articles are wrong? I don’t think GM would hand build the blackwings in their own factory with old parts (yes I know motor is hand built). They are probably made in the same factory as the other CT5s. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also based on the volume of CT5 blackwings, I doubt it’s is such a huge money maker for GM. Putting these things together, I fear that 2023 is the last model for the CT5 blackwing. I just don’t see them making a special case to keep making them in 2024 if they are not redesigned because why would they put such a low volume car in their own factory with old parts? I ponder come Feb/Mar if I don’t get an allocation, I might have to jump on a CT4 blackwing. I could see some people who hear the CT5 being cancelled jumping to the CT4 blackwing to at least get the nice manual in a 4 door spec. Any thoughts?
I've made peace with the 4BW being my baby if a 5BW never comes through. There is no other option I'd spend my money on than a Blackwing and the 4 looks very close to my first love, my V3.

So I have been pondering couple things based on Cadillac CT5 being refreshed in 2024. But they have also said blackwings won’t be refreshed per some articles. Maybe articles are wrong? I don’t think GM would hand build the blackwings in their own factory with old parts (yes I know motor is hand built). They are probably made in the same factory as the other CT5s. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also based on the volume of CT5 blackwings, I doubt it’s is such a huge money maker for GM. Putting these things together, I fear that 2023 is the last model for the CT5 blackwing. I just don’t see them making a special case to keep making them in 2024 if they are not redesigned because why would they put such a low volume car in their own factory with old parts? I ponder come Feb/Mar if I don’t get an allocation, I might have to jump on a CT4 blackwing. I could see some people who hear the CT5 being cancelled jumping to the CT4 blackwing to at least get the nice manual in a 4 door spec. Any thoughts?
Ford built GT350s alongside refreshed 6 gen Mustangs with pre-refresh lights and other parts.
GT500s still have pre-refresh bits, too, I’m pretty sure.
All this to say that exceptions are made for halo cars.

Last edited:
Ford built GT350s alongside refreshed 6 gen Mustangs with pre-refresh lights and other parts.
GT500s still have pre-refresh bits, too, I’m pretty sure.
All this to say that exceptions are made for halo cars.
Hopefully they keep it longer. With my chances at a smaller dealer, I need all the help I can get!

Hopefully they keep it longer. With my chances at a smaller dealer, I need all the help I can get!
I waisted over a year with 1 of my orders at a small dealer. Found out the hard way that allocations are predicated on V series sales and not gross sales.

I waisted over a year with 1 of my orders at a small dealer. Found out the hard way that allocations are predicated on V series sales and not gross sales.
This dealer is getting 1 now (bought by owner of dealer), they have 2 ct4 blackwings for sale. Hopefully with these 3 and the regular ct5 v sitting on showroom. Maybe they get an allocation for another in 2023/2024

Same. 120th. They said they will not have a price until built and window sticker is generated. $10k lift for 120th, but I do think that includes the enclosed shipping. My current TPW is same as you, and mine has moved 3 times as well. It will happen. They can't back away from the anniversary cars. No way. They will be built as configured. I am paying MSRP. I have a contract that says so.

I've had my order in for the anniversary edition as well and the dealer can't give me a price either... how much over MSRP are they charging you? My current TPW is October 31st however three TPW's have came and went.
Yeater Bomb

My 120th was built this week. Code is 4300. Dealer can see price but not sticker. Looks as though it was built to spec. All CF including seats. Basically everything but the Carbon Ceramic brakes. 6 Speed manual.

I haven't received my MSRP yet but I assume its probably available since you have yours. Back in March when I ordered mine the dealer said it will be 25k over MSRP because they only get one allocation. The dealer would not accept a deposit which I'm grateful for now because I am not obligated to buy it. From what I can tell the market is changing and I'm really having second thoughts on the 25k over. At MSRP I would be a buyer any day.

I haven't received my MSRP yet but I assume it’s probably available since you have yours. Back in March when I ordered mine the dealer said it will be 25k over MSRP because they only get one allocation. The dealer would not accept a deposit which I'm grateful for now because I am not obligated to buy it. From what I can tell the market is changing and I'm really having second thoughts on the 25k over. At MSRP I would be a buyer any day.
Dealers charging above MSRP I would not do business with. Besides the principal what other ways will they try to screw me on customer service and warranty work?

I haven't received my MSRP yet but I assume its probably available since you have yours. Back in March when I ordered mine the dealer said it will be 25k over MSRP because they only get one allocation. The dealer would not accept a deposit which I'm grateful for now because I am not obligated to buy it. From what I can tell the market is changing and I'm really having second thoughts on the 25k over. At MSRP I would be a buyer any day.
25k over MSRP is absurd in my opinion on top of the price increase for '23 models. If over MSRP needs to happen I might settle for up to 5k if you can't secure anything but not a chance id pay 25k over.

Anyone know how trustworthy the cadillac chat info is? I just contacted them and they said my car is at 4000 available to ship but our tracker has 4B00. Maybe it moved on since it was last updated but just curious what others’ experience may be.

Anyone know how trustworthy the cadillac chat info is? I just contacted them and they said my car is at 4000 available to ship but our tracker has 4B00. Maybe it moved on since it was last updated but just curious what others’ experience may be.
The chat info is usually outdated. I don't even think they can give you any status updates that aren't the usual (order accepted, scheduled for production, built so go bug your dealer). I doubt the chat would tell you its 4B00 if it was, thats just a variation of 4000 so they tell you 4000.

I don't think you'll get any better updates then from bugging your dealer or watching the spreadsheet. The chat seems to be a waste once the cars been built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop