Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Per Rob's Final Production Numbers thread, for '22 there were 127 more 4BWs than 5BWs.

But the manual 4BW was indeed the rarest combo.
Yep, and when we consider that a little over half the 22 4BWs were dealer ordered ( nearly all automatics) and the CT5 appears to be outselling the CT4 in both standard and both V configurations it will be interesting to see dealers stock order the BW4 23s in the numbers they did the 22s. I'm inclined to think not, but who knows?

What I will say is I'm crushed for the folks with 22's still sitting in MP status, all of whom are 5s. All I can say is hang in there, my car seems to have a chip on its shoulder as it attempts to prove it was worth the wait every time I walk up to it. And YES morning cold starts in MyMode set off both my wife's and son's car alarms if the garage door is opened high enough.... Hehehehe... and yes when I come home they know I have arrived as the exhaust is better than a doorbell. Definitely worth the wait....

Hmmm.... If they are refreshing the CT5 for 2024 it makes sense to limit the order banks for the 2023's. The question is have they already sold out what they planned to sell or sold all they believe they can make? The CT5 is proving to be extremely popular. Even on here, the 5BW customers are like a 3:1 vs the 4BWs. I have a feeling the 4BW particularly in manual will become a very rare car indeed.
I don't know, it seems as if Cadillac is throwing 4BW allocations at their dealers to appease them with the lack of 5BW allocations. Hence the proliferation of 4BWs with autos & sunroofs in dealer inventories from stock orders.

I don't know, it seems as if Cadillac is throwing 4BW allocations at their dealers to appease them with the lack of 5BW allocations. Hence the proliferation of 4BWs with autos & sunroofs in dealer inventories from stock orders.
Is it the lack of 5BW allocations or that the 5BW simply has more customers? If I still needed the space or lived nearer COTA instead of the smaller tracks near Houston, a 5BW would have been on my list, or even a CT5V, but the reality is I was a C8 or C7 GS buyer who simply was too big and tall for those cars. For me the nimbleness of the BW4 and perfect amount of power to feel like I getting the most from the car is a total win but most customers are going to reach for the candy in the supercharged v8 jar, even if they will never be able to use most of it.

So again is it that there are more allocations for the 4s or are the 5s just much more popular cars that have consumed their allotments quicker? I tend to think the latter.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.
Thank you, Sir!
Youre The Best Got Your Back GIF by buzzfeedladylike

I appreciate all you do brother!

I might have to think this over a bit more if 2023 is done and what is the chance I catch a 2024 allotment of CTV5 blackwing. Might need to shift to CTV4 blackwing and maybe do a JB tune to get slightly more power. Anyone know how reliable the CTV4 blackwing motor is with a slight bump in power? Maybe 10 percent more? I’m assuming tranny can handle the extra power since it’s similar to the CTV5 blackwing one.

Is it the lack of 5BW allocations or that the 5BW simply has more customers? If I still needed the space or lived nearer COTA instead of the smaller tracks near Houston, a 5BW would have been on my list, or even a CT5V, but the reality is I was a C8 or C7 GS buyer who simply was too big and tall for those cars. For me the nimbleness of the BW4 and perfect amount of power to feel like I getting the most from the car is a total win but most customers are going to reach for the candy in the supercharged v8 jar, even if they will never be able to use most of it.

So again is it that there are more allocations for the 4s or are the 5s just much more popular cars that have consumed their allotments quicker? I tend to think the latter.
Yes, thank you and I agree with your assessment.

The dealer can do whatever they want... but it only means anything if they have an actual allocation and then that allocation must be used that week. So if there is no urgency then they are just putting you on a list.

I think the word out is that the CT5 and CT5-V production is not closed... only CT5-V Blackwing is closed (supposedly)... hopefully Dustin @1StunnaV will check in or other outlets will confirm. Sometimes GM Authority gets it right and sometimes they are basically a rumor aggregate/click bait site.

1667245408003.png

I might have to think this over a bit more if 2023 is done and what is the chance I catch a 2024 allotment of CTV5 blackwing. Might need to shift to CTV4 blackwing and maybe do a JB tune to get slightly more power. Anyone know how reliable the CTV4 blackwing motor is with a slight bump in power? Maybe 10 percent more? I’m assuming tranny can handle the extra power since it’s similar to the CTV5 blackwing one.
I had an ATS-V (I believe same engine just a bit better in 4BW) and it was great with a tune in it. The engine and tranny could certainly handle a lot more than stock.

Last edited:
Is it the lack of 5BW allocations or that the 5BW simply has more customers?
I'm going with the 5BW has more demand because it's an outlier. Without making judgements about which is "better" I think there are, and will be for a much longer time, ICE cars that perform and sound similar to the 4BW.

I place a lot of value in the tangible (performance and sound) and intangible elements (sense of engagement) of a supercharged V8, manual, rear drive sedan. With the end near, it adds considerable urgency.

With an EDD of Saturday 11/5 (which hasn’t changed in a couple of weeks) I’m considering taking my goat and my tent and camp at the dealership until I get my car.
I know I’m being foolishly hopeful and probably will be disappointed. Sales manager sent me a screen shot of some other system with same EDD and said that was good news.
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Not the ideal experience for a 100k transaction but it could be a lot worse.

I'm going with the 5BW has more demand because it's an outlier. Without making judgements about which is "better" I think there are, and will be for a much longer time, ICE cars that perform and sound similar to the 4BW.

I place a lot of value in the tangible (performance and sound) and intangible elements (sense of engagement) of a supercharged V8, manual, rear drive sedan. With the end near, it adds considerable urgency.
I would fully agree with your post. I owned a CT4-V Blackwing for 2 months and mostly LOVED it. But I'm done with turbos, definitely not what I am looking for unless they are attached to a large Duramax diesel. And having just owned a S58 powered M4, I am convicted about that. But I will say, for my ears, the LF4 is the best sounding turbo V6 I have been around, and blows the S58 away in this regard. Very easy to see why people love the 4 Blackwing, especially if it is with a manual.

Last edited:
Looks like another EDD has come and gone. No great pumpkin for me. I'm sure it won't be too much longer.
I was able to get a copy of my window sticker this evening. After reading the window sticker tool posts in more detail I figured my check digit might be off. I tried all possible numbers and I got the window sticker. It looks like no missing parts. It shows ventilated seats, heated wheel, etc.

Clearly, you'all have much better plans than I. I'm sitting here passing out candy to all the little ghouls. It's a beautiful central Texas evening. The former great pumpkin wishes you all a happy and safe Halloween. RIP the 6M!

Attachments

• 20220619_145045.jpg
    17.2 MB · Views: 91
Well, I think I found my Blackwing at AutoPort LTD. lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101-130314_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101-130314_Maps.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I think I see mine to, its out on the field frolicking with the goats and it isn't ready to go home yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!