Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Final Production Numbers - 2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
While I don't have all of the production numbers (colors, options, etc.) for the 2022 Blackwing model year just yet (still working on the Registry), below are the highest production numbers built. Keep in mind, this does not include, CTF ("captured test fleet") cars, the final production numbers will be slightly higher once I get all of them entered into the Registry.

For now:

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing:​

Automatic: 925
Manual: 739

2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing:​

Automatic: 1,127
Manual: 664

The final cars built, are in the Blackwing Registry.

Last edited:
While I don't have all of the production numbers (colors, options, etc.) for the 2022 Blackwing model year just yet (still working on the Registry), below are the highest production numbers built. Keep in mind, this does not include, CTF ("captured test fleet") cars, the final production numbers will be slightly higher once I get all of them entered into the Registry.

For now:

Juno Temple Boss GIF by Apple TV+

For now:

Ignorant question coming. I think I've been told this before but I don't remember and I'm not finding an answer via search.

All the Blackwings produced so far are nominally 2022 models, even the "first 250" of both the 4BW and 5BW that were sold in 2021?

Basically, the numbers above include all the Blackwings built/sold to this point in time?

Ignorant question coming. I think I've been told this before but I don't remember and I'm not finding an answer via search.

All the Blackwings produced so far are nominally 2022 models, even the "first 250" of both the 4BW and 5BW that were sold in 2021?

Basically, the numbers above include all the Blackwings built/sold to this point in time?
Correct. Those are the totals for the 2022 model year for both transmissions, including prototypes, captured test fleet cars, "first 250".

1,664 5BWs
1,791 4BWs
3,455 total BWs

127 (7.6%) more 4s than 5s.

2,052 total automatics
1,403 total manuals

44.4% of the 5BWs are manual
37.0% of the 4BWs are manual
40.6% of total BWs are manual

Last edited:
I have a question. I know that the "V-Academy" driving school has a number of 5 BW's and 4 BW's in both auto and manuals. AND , there are a number of cars that were given to journalist and others as a test drive car for video and magazines. My question is.....what happens to these cars as they are driven heavily and abused to a degree. Do they end up for sale somewhere or do they have to be returned to GM ? I also wonder how many of these cars have been "sacrificed" out of the number of vehicles that are actually privately owned.

I have three answers. When companies were using ATS/CTSV's, some were "lent" out to HPDE schools and give back. Those were then given salvage titles (with about 600 miles on them) which were then "corrected" and sold at auction and had a warranty block.

When I was at COTA several years ago, I was told those V Academy cars would not be sold to the public. Not sure whatever happened to them.

The ones at the V Academy in Nevada went to auction and many ended up at a larger franchise dealer outside of Phoenix. The only way you'd ever know is to look at the Carfax and GM Global Connect. These cars had a warranty block on them too.

Hope that helps a bit.

there are a number of cars that were given to journalist and others as a test drive car for video and magazines. My question is.....what happens to these cars as they are driven heavily and abused to a degree.

Back in the early 2000s I knew a freelance auto journalist. I remember him specifically saying he had an opportunity to buy a particular press car when GM was done with it.

IIRC, it was a pretty substantial discount vs new. Like 30% to 40%.

I also saw how he treated press cars. Those things were thrashed.

Damn that’s more than I thought they would build to be honest

I have a question. I know that the "V-Academy" driving school has a number of 5 BW's and 4 BW's in both auto and manuals. AND , there are a number of cars that were given to journalist and others as a test drive car for video and magazines. My question is.....what happens to these cars as they are driven heavily and abused to a degree. Do they end up for sale somewhere or do they have to be returned to GM ? I also wonder how many of these cars have been "sacrificed" out of the number of vehicles that are actually privately owned.

I forgot if it was a thread on this forum or another one but someone bought a CT5 V blackwing that was either a spring mountain car or press car, so they do get offered for sale.

Broad generalization question here, but the 5BW's transmission ratio is closer to 1:1 because there were more custom orders with it vs dealer stock orders with the 4BW?

For now:

Thank you Rob!

Here's one. It's a 7500 mile 4BW press car, with an automatic, and they are asking over MSRP. At least it has CF1?

Edit: Here's another. 4BW press car, manual with CF1/2, 7k miles, also over MSRP, but less ADM compared to the auto? ;shrug

Last edited:
Regarding the Spring Mountain cars, historically, they have been both CTF as well as production vehicles, however, they are GM owned. Once Spring Mountain is finished with them, GM auctions them off in dealer only auctions, and they'll become available for sale to the public by dealers.

For now:

Thanks for the numbers. Is there an easy way to find out the color break down per transmission type?

Thanks for the numbers. Is there an easy way to find out the color break down per transmission type?
As I said, I won't have complete production numbers until I have finished adding all of the Blackwings built to the Registry here.

I'm actually surprised that Electric Blue was the 3rd most popular color. When I ordered mine I really thought it would be towards the least popular, and I didn't think blaze orange would be the least popular.

The biggest compliment I get on my car is how great the color is.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised by the higher number of 4s and the corresponding higher number of stock orders for it. Dollar for dollar it offers quite a bang for the buck. What is disappointing is that so many dealers gambled away allocations on stock orders instead of taking sold orders, forcing so many into a handful of dealerships. Above a certain price point, most people aren't looking to take an off-the-shelf spec, especially not for OVER MSRP. Now those cars are starting to arrive and a good portion of the buyers are already in line with orders somewhere else.

I've come across several well-equipped manuals with CF1&2 and was able to negotiate the ADM down to within 5 grand of MSRP but every dealer stock car I've come across has that infernal sunroof, which is a deal breaker for me.

Correct. Those are the totals for the 2022 model year for both transmissions, including prototypes, captured test fleet cars, "first 250".

Thank you Rob, this is great info! I just wanted to get clarification on the CTF part:

So the registry has all the vin numbers produced for 2022?(Would these figures include those of us who registered our cars here and the ones that are not?)

For example, as of now for 2022 there was 1,664 ct5v Blackwings made. The registry will eventually capture those CTFs 0001-1664?

Keep in mind, this does not include, CTF ("captured test fleet") cars, the final production numbers will be slightly higher once I get all of them entered into the Registry.

For now:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed