Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Of the 91 cars in the tracker, 11 have status that shows they are moving. I included a 3400 status to show where 3800 begins, and a 4B00 to show where it ends. Of those, only 6 are CT5 V, and those may not all be Blackwings. I can't tell by VIN. I thought they were starting to move, but it doesn't look like it. Mine happens to be the one at the top in 3400 status, but it is only there because I sorted by status code and it landed there. It has been moved back 3 times already, and went backwards to 3000 status one time.
1667013911057.png

1667013911057.png

It is a 120th Anniversary, so that is not in the Build and Price, and requires enclosed shipping, which is an undefined price. I was told mid $120s, but that looks low when I build it to spec.
I've had my order in for the anniversary edition as well and the dealer can't give me a price either... how much over MSRP are they charging you? My current TPW is October 31st however three TPW's have came and went.

I've had my order in for the anniversary edition as well and the dealer can't give me a price either... how much over MSRP are they charging you? My current TPW is October 31st however three TPW's have came and went.
Same. 120th. They said they will not have a price until built and window sticker is generated. $10k lift for 120th, but I do think that includes the enclosed shipping. My current TPW is same as you, and mine has moved 3 times as well. It will happen. They can't back away from the anniversary cars. No way. They will be built as configured. I am paying MSRP. I have a contract that says so.

I just read on GM Authority that ordering has been closed for 2023 ct5 blackwing already with all orders spoken for.

So I’m new to this Goat rodeo. Dealer is telling me they can place an order for a CT5. But that doesn’t mean they have an allocation correct? Is an order just a submission that can float in LaLa land? Another dealer told me I’m num 9 on the list. Why doesn’t this dealer just submit all 9 people’s orders and wait for an allocation to hit or do they have to wait for an allocation to actually place an order?

So I’m new to this Goat rodeo. Dealer is telling me they can place an order for a CT5. But that doesn’t mean they have an allocation correct? Is an order just a submission that can float in LaLa land? Another dealer told me I’m num 9 on the list. Why doesn’t this dealer just submit all 9 people’s orders and wait for an allocation to hit or do they have to wait for an allocation to actually place an order?
The dealer can do whatever they want... but it only means anything if they have an actual allocation and then that allocation must be used that week. So if there is no urgency then they are just putting you on a list.

I think the word out is that the CT5 and CT5-V production is not closed... only CT5-V Blackwing is closed (supposedly)... hopefully Dustin @1StunnaV will check in or other outlets will confirm. Sometimes GM Authority gets it right and sometimes they are basically a rumor aggregate/click bait site.

Well hopefully CT5blackwing will exist in 2024, if not I better jump on the CT4blackwing wagon quick. I ponder how many people who didn’t get a CT5 blackwing will convert over to CT4 blackwing? Hope the CT5 blackwing exists for 2024 and they don’t raise it another $9k!!

Last edited:
I just read on GM Authority that ordering has been closed for 2023 ct5 blackwing already with all orders spoken for.
Yeah, there is a whole thread about it. :)

• Dealer places order (cannot proceed without next item)
  • Dealer receives allocation
  • Customer and Dealer confer on equipment options based on current constraints
  • Dealer can use allocation if customer agrees to or modifies order based on available equipment choices
  • Vehicle can proceed to GM for production acceptance
  • If Customer does not agree to available equipment choices, the Dealer is free to use allocation for the next customer. Original customer will have to wait until his/her equipment choices are available and another allocation is available at the same time. Chances of getting an allocation dwindle.

Has anyone heard about any wheel issues like what happened with the C7s(cracking)? Just curious because the dealership asked me if I wanted wheel protection. I've never bought it before, and wasn't sure if anyone has.
In case someone comes across this post through a search, the issue with the C7 cracking (inner barrels) wheels is due to the wheel width on the Grand Sport and Z06 wheels (19x10 front and 19x12 rears) and their method of construction; they are cracking on the inner barrels. The Stingrays don't appear to suffer from the issue as they use smaller wheels.

Well hopefully CT5blackwing will exist in 2024, if not I better jump on the CT4blackwing wagon quick. I ponder how many people who didn’t get a CT5 blackwing will convert over to CT4 blackwing? Hope the CT5 blackwing exists for 2024 and they don’t raise it another $9k!!
I got a 4BW after waiting six months for a CT5-V (non-Blackwing) allocation and on sheer luck of finding the 4BW in my color choices.

I officially passed on my V Series AWD, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it. Contact Grace Perez at Lafontaine Cadillac in Highland, MI. MSRP and accepts Employee and Supplier Discounts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-182031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221030-182031_Chrome.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels