Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Same story for me, except mine was built on/around 1/25/22 as far as I can tell.
Do you guys think it's because it might be more convenient for them to just supply the missing parts directly to the production line and keep the entire production line going non stop, than to go out to a specific car with a box of parts, installing them, checking everything is working correctly, and whatever else they have to do.

For example, if cars 1, 2, and 3 are missing chip Y, are they all parked together, or are these cars scattered among the thousands parked there. How accurate is their parking lot map, or is it just a shit storm chaos of having to look at VINs to identify the cars. Or did they bother to put an easy-to-see marking on the windows/windshield so they can easily find cars that need ___ part....

So many questions unanswered

Class of 3400 / CTS-V Blackwing

There are 12 of us scheduled for the weeks of 4/25, 5/02 and 5/09. Good luck all and may the next three weeks produce 12 "class of 3800"!

Then on to the next stage of the Goad Rodeo!

View attachment 8411
I am showing 3000 status with a tpw of 5/9... when I pinged the live agent via Cadillac chat bot she confirmed the 3000 status but said tpw was not showing....strange

Agreed. I never had any cf on the car originally. I thought I about it. I've never been to a racetrack in my life, Somehow I don't think I will need the extra downforce from the CF at highway+ speeds. And I don't need it on the seats either. I'm probably one of the rare people that ordered the car with carbon ceramic brakes but no carbon fiber. I'm tired of the brake dust...
I did the same but technically I ordered CF and CF seats and dropped them to get the car built....so CCBs but no carbon trim

4000 on Monday, 4000 on Friday. not looking like this car will be in Tennessee in April !
Cadillac has had mine at 4000 since 3/28. It wont be here anytime soon, not holding my breath. It will get here when it does, at least it's built.

Do you guys think it's because it might be more convenient for them to just supply the missing parts directly to the production line and keep the entire production line going non stop, than to go out to a specific car with a box of parts, installing them, checking everything is working correctly, and whatever else they have to do.

For example, if cars 1, 2, and 3 are missing chip Y, are they all parked together, or are these cars scattered among the thousands parked there. How accurate is their parking lot map, or is it just a shit storm chaos of having to look at VINs to identify the cars. Or did they bother to put an easy-to-see marking on the windows/windshield so they can easily find cars that need ___ part....

So many questions unanswered
Oh, this absolutely happens in the car industry, I think it's called "build out" or something along those lines. I learned about this way back when I worked at a small airport near a Subaru plant. Each year around the end of the production year we would have to come in at night to unload night freight airplane after airplane of a specific part that was missing earlier in the year (I specifically remember airbags being one of them). The assembly line would run all year, and if a truck didn't show up with the parts on time, they built the rest of the car, and stashed the cars on the side to be finished later.
I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening at LGR. GM doesn't want to make a big deal about it for a number of reasons, but it's getting too big to ignore now.
I don't want to put @Mirza Grebovic on the spot, but if he's allowed to say, I'm sure he could shed light on what's up.

Class of 3400 / CTS-V Blackwing

There are 12 of us scheduled for the weeks of 4/25, 5/02 and 5/09. Good luck all and may the next three weeks produce 12 "class of 3800"!

Then on to the next stage of the Goad Rodeo!

View attachment 8411
I count 20 of us in the "Class of 3400"! So proud that @Likuid graduated out of our Class! :)

Attachments

• Club 3400 as of 04_22_2022.jpg
    Club 3400 as of 04_22_2022.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 74
Oh, this absolutely happens in the car industry, I think it's called "build out" or something along those lines. I learned about this way back when I worked at a small airport near a Subaru plant. Each year around the end of the production year we would have to come in at night to unload night freight airplane after airplane of a specific part that was missing earlier in the year (I specifically remember airbags being one of them). The assembly line would run all year, and if a truck didn't show up with the parts on time, they built the rest of the car, and stashed the cars on the side to be finished later.
I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening at LGR. GM doesn't want to make a big deal about it for a number of reasons, but it's getting too big to ignore now.
I don't want to put @Mirza Grebovic on the spot, but if he's allowed to say, I'm sure he could shed light on what's up.
GM does incorporate what they call “ Build-Shy” into there production of certain vehicles.

They could probably get away with doing these kinds of things for dealer stock vehicles, but custom ordered vehicles.. the pain and uncertainty can be felt by the customer

"What's everyone's plan? Reorder for 2023 or bail?"

That's a good question, almost a year since order was placed with my first dealer. Have 2 dealers now but honestly I'm losing interest at this point.

Going shopping tomorrow to look at some M/AMG & Range Rover rides to replace my AMG daily, perhaps if I do something with this it will hold me over while waiting for the 5BW toy.....:unsure:

Well guys I enjoy being in the goat rodeo. And the excitement of watching my build date move with only a slight speculation of why was taxiing my senior citizen brain to its limits. So when my salesman called me this week and said the #43 4BW had been traded in and would I be interested I had to use the ask for forgiveness instead of permission with my hubby. Yes I had to give up the free ride to performance school but maybe in the fall I can pull another forgiveness card (probably not) but my BW wait is over. With Rob’s permission I would love to stay on his tracker to see when my original order finally makes it out of the rodeo but I will understand if I am punted to the curb. I have learned so much from all of you. I think my husband may have been a little worried since I would stay awake late into the night reading all of your post knowing full well that work could care less that I wasn’t sleeping because there was BW stuff to learn. But I enjoy your company and I am vastly more Cadillac savvy because of you all. Thank you for all for that. Don’t have pictures to post yet but hopefully will find a cool place to take some pictures soon.

Well guys I enjoy being in the goat rodeo. And the excitement of watching my build date move with only a slight speculation of why was taxiing my senior citizen brain to its limits. So when my salesman called me this week and said the #43 4BW had been traded in and would I be interested I had to use the ask for forgiveness instead of permission with my hubby. Yes I had to give up the free ride to performance school but maybe in the fall I can pull another forgiveness card (probably not) but my BW wait is over. With Rob’s permission I would love to stay on his tracker to see when my original order finally makes it out of the rodeo but I will understand if I am punted to the curb. I have learned so much from all of you. I think my husband may have been a little worried since I would stay awake late into the night reading all of your post knowing full well that work could care less that I wasn’t sleeping because there was BW stuff to learn. But I enjoy your company and I am vastly more Cadillac savvy because of you all. Thank you for all for that. Don’t have pictures to post yet but hopefully will find a cool place to take some pictures soon.
Why not trade/sell your current 4BW when your original order finally comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop