Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I'm going to reorder mine too. Just wish the dang order guide would come out. Then I could really make up my mind between trying to find a 2022 or get my hand stamped and reenter the 2023 goat rodeo.

Wouldn't mind finding a much higher volume (allocation wise) dealer to place an order. Looking at you Dustin @1StunnaV

I am not taking any new orders for any v-series until the existing orders held up are shipping.... I have over 30 units already built and/or held up at 3000 status or higher and behind schedule..... I've only delivered 2 blackwings and 2 base v's this month...

My CT5 Blackwing was built on 1//6/22. No carbon, color or option constraints that I have heard of. Cadillac has continued to build and even delivered some units after mine (and others’) were put in the lot of doom. So how can parts constraints be our problem? Mostly completed units sit while others are build and delivered?
I have the same build date, same as you on constraints. My dealer says car is complete not waiting on parts.

I'm glad to see some more are at least making progress.

I keep finding myself checking this thread for no reason really. I got my car last month but my day is not complete unless I read the new posts here. It's almost like the wait and silly banter in here was better then actually getting the car. no wait, who am I kidding.... I'm gonna go drive my car now. I'll leave you guys with this....

tumblr_mp4nf8v1gF1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Well guys I enjoy being in the goat rodeo. And the excitement of watching my build date move with only a slight speculation of why was taxiing my senior citizen brain to its limits. So when my salesman called me this week and said the #43 4BW had been traded in and would I be interested I had to use the ask for forgiveness instead of permission with my hubby. Yes I had to give up the free ride to performance school but maybe in the fall I can pull another forgiveness card (probably not) but my BW wait is over. With Rob’s permission I would love to stay on his tracker to see when my original order finally makes it out of the rodeo but I will understand if I am punted to the curb. I have learned so much from all of you. I think my husband may have been a little worried since I would stay awake late into the night reading all of your post knowing full well that work could care less that I wasn’t sleeping because there was BW stuff to learn. But I enjoy your company and I am vastly more Cadillac savvy because of you all. Thank you for all for that. Don’t have pictures to post yet but hopefully will find a cool place to take some pictures soon.
Thats what Im doing, picking a 4BW that hopefully will hold me over until the goat rodeo corrects itself. With Caddy stripping small things here and there, refusing to take CF off the car, not even sure when this car will get built. Might end up waiting till the end of 2023 build, maybe into 2024. Figured still got a couple years down the road before Caddy goes full electric.
Why not trade/sell your current 4BW when your original order finally comes in?
This is my plan eventually...

This is my plan eventually...
I'm literally getting paid to swap my used vehicles into new. Sell used car for way more than I paid or break even after calculating for sales tax originally paid, and buy new car at MSRP. Even if the difference is sales tax to swap into a new car that's 2-3 years newer is worth it to have a brand new car and warranty. Market is nuts if you have the luxury of waiting and patience.

I'm literally getting paid to swap my used vehicles into new. Sell used car for way more than I paid or break even after calculating for sales tax originally paid, and buy new car at MSRP. Even if the difference is sales tax to swap into a new car that's 2-3 years newer is worth it to have a brand new car and warranty. Market is nuts if you have the luxury of waiting and patience.
I got a buddy who just put his name in for a Z06. Kicker is he has sold 3 C8s at this point with $30-40K mark up on each. Did nothing special, ordered, waited, drove them for a month or two, flipped...now he's paying mostly cash for his Z06 when it gets built in a year or so.

Do you guys think it's because it might be more convenient for them to just supply the missing parts directly to the production line and keep the entire production line going non stop, than to go out to a specific car with a box of parts, installing them, checking everything is working correctly, and whatever else they have to do.

For example, if cars 1, 2, and 3 are missing chip Y, are they all parked together, or are these cars scattered among the thousands parked there. How accurate is their parking lot map, or is it just a shit storm chaos of having to look at VINs to identify the cars. Or did they bother to put an easy-to-see marking on the windows/windshield so they can easily find cars that need ___ part....

So many questions unanswered

They are surely scattered, with a goat protecting each one

Any of you big shots in on this?

F1199-A17-7-B55-4754-AC23-00-C93-CE0-E45-A.jpg
If you can find one with allocation for it.
Dustin sent out an email this morning saying that if your order comes up next for allocation and lines up with the aug build dates for this, you'd have a crack at it. I'm curious whats the price difference on these over regular build 5BWs.

I saw a guy on another forum that his dealer said he had an allocation for just one of these and he took it.
There is no allocation for 2023 Ct5 or CT4 lol

There is no allocation for 2023 Ct5 or CT4 lol

Technically no. But reps have contacted dealers to let them if they’re going to be getting one (they contacted mine). Many dealers have been shopping theirs around to see who will bite on the biggest ADM, others might have offered theirs to one of their best customers, so it is possible for someone to have ‘unofficially’ secured an allocation already despite workbench not being open to 23MY yet.

My question here is, is caddy sequestering parts for these 120 cars so they can roll them off quickly, or are they also going to be subject to the current constraints? I’m assuming anyone buying a collectors edition car would want a manual with all the options, not a highly constrained basic spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop