Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Apparently, some people just walk into a dealership and take a 5BW allocation at will...I keed, I keed. Us plebeians wait a year.
I don't think it was that easy, I still had to call up like 30 different dealers in the the tri-state (IL,WI,IN) area to see wait times plus no ADM. Pretty much 90% of dealers in the Chicago are wanted $10k over sticker with a 1 year wait.

I lucked out for sure and managed to scoop at MSRP at Heritage Cadillac in Lombard (for my IL folks)

I don't think it was that easy, I still had to call up like 30 different dealers in the the tri-state (IL,WI,IN) area to see wait times plus no ADM. Pretty much 90% of dealers in the Chicago are wanted $10k over sticker with a 1 year wait.

I lucked out for sure and managed to scoop at MSRP at Heritage Cadillac in Lombard (for my IL folks)
My sales manager moved dealerships to Heritage a couple of months ago. I emailed him yesterday about moving my order to them. He's checking for me today. Hopefully he can get something.

My sales manager moved dealerships to Heritage a couple of months ago. I emailed him yesterday about moving my order to them. He's checking for me today. Hopefully he can get something.
That's awesome, hopefully everything works out. My guess is you're probably gonna talk with Joe, their ordering manager. Who's pretty cool and really down to earth. Best of luck my man!

Ordered from there May '21, delivered December '21 with all the fixin's currently on restraint. MSRP, sorry, msurp only. I think of them as the Sewell of the upper midwest although we all know they don't come close to the same volume.

Ordered from there May '21, delivered December '21 with all the fixin's currently on restraint. MSRP, sorry, msurp only. I think of them as the Sewell of the upper midwest although we all know they don't come close to the same volume.
And here I thought going with Napleton would be a good choice. They have 40% of the Chicago market.....

Good for you man, congrats! Be careful what you wish for lol...

As for me, I'm going to enjoy my "backup" ride, probably reorder a '23 and keep waiting till they can build it how I want it. Then decide.

GM logistics are beyond horrible! The GM board should be fired. When they tell you the cars are waiting for modules it’s all BS to me. Covid been over!!

Yeah, I think I'm going to reorder mine too. Just wish the dang order guide would come out. Then I could really make up my mind between trying to find a 2022 or get my hand stamped and reenter the 2023 goat rodeo.

Wouldn't mind finding a much higher volume (allocation wise) dealer to place an order. Looking at you Dustin @1StunnaV

Yeah, I think I'm going to reorder mine too. Just wish the dang order guide would come out. Then I could really make up my mind between trying to find a 2022 or get my hand stamped and reenter the 2023 goat rodeo.

Wouldn't mind finding a much higher volume (allocation wise) dealer to place an order. Looking at you Dustin @1StunnaV
I believe Cadillac is capping the BW’s to 2500 units per year. Note, that is not verified.

I believe Cadillac is capping the BW’s to 2500 units per year. Note, that is not verified.
My money is on them pumping out as many as they possibly can. That's probably less than 2500 per car (5BW and 4BW) at the pace they are going right now. When was the last time GM ever capped a model beforehand? I can't think of any.

Ahh nice, dealer told me TPW is on 6/13/22 so lets see how long it takes before I get it 😂
It's funny cause I was 7th in line at the dealer waiting for an allocation, ordered with no CF 1 & 2, and managed to skip the line because my order had no constrained items. Put down a deposit and custom build, 3 days later get a call that my order was picked up.
Your dealer is correct.

Got some vague updates from my dealer, this is the word on the street apparently if you've already been produced and waiting in a lot with everyone else

Attachments

• Screensho (2).jpg
    Screensho (2).jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Screensho (3).jpg
    Screensho (3).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 143
hmmmm, maybe the parts we got in this week ??? We have until Wednesday next week to get semiconductors out the door. We received 200K semiconductors and more on the way. I have 3 shifts running because with auto manufacturers need parts and with the war going on, our military needs them faster. Going to be really busy the rest of this year.

That's awesome, hopefully everything works out. My guess is you're probably gonna talk with Joe, their ordering manager. Who's pretty cool and really down to earth. Best of luck my man!
How did you guess? I just talked to the sales manager who is going to have me talk with Joe. He said he can get me the car by the end of the year. I'm moving my order.

Feels like a goat just ran by.........

My CT5 Blackwing was built on 1//6/22. No carbon, color or option constraints that I have heard of. Cadillac has continued to build and even delivered some units after mine (and others’) were put in the lot of doom. So how can parts constraints be our problem? Mostly completed units sit while others are build and delivered?

How did you guess? I just talked to the sales manager who is going to have me talk with Joe. He said he can get me the car by the end of the year. I'm moving my order.

Feels like a goat just ran by.........
LFG! Nice man, yea Joe helped me secure the allocation for mine. Really honest and straightforward guy. Pretty much told me the same thing when I was ordering mine (6-8mo). I would highly recommend ordering with non-constrained items. Helped me skip past 7 people that are currently on the waitlist (all have some sort of Carbon Fiber package)

hmmmm, maybe the parts we got in this week ??? We have until Wednesday next week to get semiconductors out the door. We received 200K semiconductors and more on the way. I have 3 shifts running because with auto manufacturers need parts and with the war going on, our military needs them faster. Going to be really busy the rest of this year.
Hope you're on to something

My CT5 Blackwing was built on 1//6/22. No carbon, color or option constraints that I have heard of. Cadillac has continued to build and even delivered some units after mine (and others’) were put in the lot of doom. So how can parts constraints be our problem? Mostly completed units sit while others are build and delivered?

Same story for me, except mine was built on/around 1/25/22 as far as I can tell.

LFG! Nice man, yea Joe helped me secure the allocation for mine. Really honest and straightforward guy. Pretty much told me the same thing when I was ordering mine (6-8mo). I would highly recommend ordering with non-constrained items. Helped me skip past 7 people that are currently on the waitlist (all have some sort of Carbon Fiber package)
Agreed. I never had any cf on the car originally. I thought I about it. I've never been to a racetrack in my life, Somehow I don't think I will need the extra downforce from the CF at highway+ speeds. And I don't need it on the seats either. I'm probably one of the rare people that ordered the car with carbon ceramic brakes but no carbon fiber. I'm tired of the brake dust...

Agreed. I never had any cf on the car originally. I thought I about it. I've never been to a racetrack in my life, Somehow I don't think I will need the extra downforce from the CF at highway+ speeds. And I don't need it on the seats either. I'm probably one of the rare people that ordered the car with carbon ceramic brakes but no carbon fiber. I'm tired of the brake dust...

There's at least two of us with carbon ceramics and no exterior carbon fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop