Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
lmao, i’m such a dumbass. i forgot to order parking package (the rear view camera); thought it would come free just like C8…
guys, never submitted your build while you were on vacation, i was kind of being rushed to the beach while finishing my build.
Or... with a few adult beverages under the belt!

Newbie here, just joined today. Hoping you veteran members can help me understand my order tracking (thanks Rob for the quick add!). I'm at 3400 with a TPW of 10/3/22. Obviously hasn't yet been produced. Does GM often have TPWs that are a month stale? Do they update them regularly if the date hasn't been met? How long is typical to be at 3400?
Are you getting a ct4 or ct5. My ct5 was at 3400 for a couple weeks at most. I am really surprised at how quick I went from allocation to delivered (just under three months). Of course, my order had no constrained parts.

Are you getting a ct4 or ct5. My ct5 was at 3400 for a couple weeks at most. I am really surprised at how quick I went from allocation to delivered (just under three months). Of course, my order had no constrained parts.
CT5. Not sure how long its been 3400, but given the TPW of 10/3, it has to have been a month at least?

CT5. Not sure how long its been 3400, but given the TPW of 10/3, it has to have been a month at least?
Okay. Strange. Any constrained parts? Seems like they are turning them out much quicker now. Have you checked "order status" on the cadillac.com chat bot yet? If not, do so.

No constrained parts that I know of. Dropped CF1 and 2 on the advice of my dealer. I checked the chat bot this morning and just now. Got the same response "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process." Chatted with an advisor yesterday and they said the same thing, and told me I had no TPW.

No constrained parts that I know of. Dropped CF1 and 2 on the advice of my dealer. I checked the chat bot this morning and just now. Got the same response "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process." Chatted with an advisor yesterday and they said the same thing, and told me I had no TPW.
Keep checking with your dealer and here. Welcome to the goat rodeo.

Newbie here, just joined today. Hoping you veteran members can help me understand my order tracking (thanks Rob for the quick add!). I'm at 3400 with a TPW of 10/3/22. Obviously hasn't yet been produced. Does GM often have TPWs that are a month stale? Do they update them regularly if the date hasn't been met? How long is typical to be at 3400?
Same thing happened with my 5BW and I was one of the folks that reserved on launch night. As I recall it just suddenly showed up as built 5 weeks after the TPW.

In honor of Veterans Day
1668218030007.jpeg

Back in October 2013 , I ordered my 2014 Dodge Challenger RT Plus. Dealer told me me it would take at least 8 weeks and with Xmas factory closings , maybe longer. The dealer called me on Dec 30th and told me that my car had arrived. He wanted to know if I could quickly get my insurance and financing completed within 24 hours. That way they could process and deliver the car as a December 2013 sale and the dealer gets some type of bonus money from Dodge.

Back in October 2013 , I ordered my 2014 Dodge Challenger RT Plus. Dealer told me me it would take at least 8 weeks and with Xmas factory closings , maybe longer. The dealer called me on Dec 30th and told me that my car had arrived. He wanted to know if I could quickly get my insurance and financing completed within 24 hours. That way they could process and deliver the car as a December 2013 sale and the dealer gets some type of bonus money from Dodge.
That's very common for dealers to push sales at the end of the month, because they get bonus money for meeting quotas. Good time of the month to buy. :)

Is the Order Tracker not being updated any longer? Or did I miss Rob going on vacay?

Same thing happened with my 5BW and I was one of the folks that reserved on launch night. As I recall it just suddenly showed up as built 5 weeks after the TPW.

In honor of Veterans Day
View attachment 14345
Go Army! Beat Navy!

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

So I have been pondering couple things based on Cadillac CT5 being refreshed in 2024. But they have also said blackwings won’t be refreshed per some articles. Maybe articles are wrong? I don’t think GM would hand build the blackwings in their own factory with old parts (yes I know motor is hand built). They are probably made in the same factory as the other CT5s. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also based on the volume of CT5 blackwings, I doubt it’s is such a huge money maker for GM. Putting these things together, I fear that 2023 is the last model for the CT5 blackwing. I just don’t see them making a special case to keep making them in 2024 if they are not redesigned because why would they put such a low volume car in their own factory with old parts? I ponder come Feb/Mar if I don’t get an allocation, I might have to jump on a CT4 blackwing. I could see some people who hear the CT5 being cancelled jumping to the CT4 blackwing to at least get the nice manual in a 4 door spec. Any thoughts?

First off, no one knows (or isn't telling). Assuming BW's get built for 2024 without the updates the regular CT5 gets, they would probably "batch" build them. In other words, wait until they have X number of orders, then build all BW's for a month, then switch back to CT5's. Yes, complicated; yes, more expensive. But as I tell my wife all the time, it's just money. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop