Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Remember the Dealer is the customer when it come to warranty work and if given a choice between shutting down the factory or putting parts in the supply base for repairs the factory will win every time.

As much as you would think that, it’s not accurate.

We had a rear dif of a recently sold new Escalade explode. Cadillac took an entire rear end from the assembly line and shipped it to us. That meant one less new car was built that day.

I’ve ordered carbon fiber as replacement parts for transit damage and it showed up within 3 days.

Repair is prioritized, the dealer just has to order it correctly.

The key still emits the signal. If you pull the handle with the key in your pocket, the lights flash, but the car doesn't unlock.
You’re correct. I would also note that the newer keys do go into a standby mode after a certain amount of time so they aren’t transmitting. You have to physically move the key in order to get it to work. I can’t recall what that timeframe is and not able to look it up right now.

Yes but physically pushing the button sucks. Keyless entry is popular for a reason, nobody wants to pull the fob out to press unlock then put it away.

Only peasants press buttons 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How long does Cadillac's system sit with a TPW that's obviously incorrect, in the past (ie 10/10/22)?
I’ve seen it be from a few days for a few months.

LYRIQs have been worse than the blackwings.

I placed an order for a 2023 CT4 BW, but ended up purchasing an 2022 that the dealer had in stock. My 2023 is supposed to be built this week so if someone is looking for a 2023 it will be available at Delaware Cadillac. They are selling all CT4 BW at MSRP.

To all of you guys waiting for transport, your car is ready. The holdup is the stickers and bags that they use to wrap and transport the car. If you're willing to pay for transport via a private trucker then you may be able to sneak it out of that lot early but who knows. I had a really unique situation with my car since it was getting prepped for transport and I managed to scoop it up before it was going to be put back in Delta limbo. Good news is I got my car now, bad news is I'm in engine teardown limbo while we find the source of the mysterious squeaky noise. I just hope that it's only my car that had a rushed build or something and we don't start seeing a lot of issues on these 2023s as they're pushing them out.

You can take me off the tracker if you haven't already @Rob

To all of you guys waiting for transport, your car is ready. The holdup is the stickers and bags that they use to wrap and transport the car. If you're willing to pay for transport via a private trucker then you may be able to sneak it out of that lot early but who knows. I had a really unique situation with my car since it was getting prepped for transport and I managed to scoop it up before it was going to be put back in Delta limbo. Good news is I got my car now, bad news is I'm in engine teardown limbo while we find the source of the mysterious squeaky noise. I just hope that it's only my car that had a rushed build or something and we don't start seeing a lot of issues on these 2023s as they're pushing them out.

No Way Seriously GIF by Travis

Yessir. I had talked with someone at the yard there and according to them at least, the goat rodeo of waiting has something to do with wrapping your car in a bag. That and them pushing out cars without certain chipsets into a line and then when the chips roll in they just go in order of the cars that are waiting. But my time waiting was apparently due to gift wrapping my car to deliver it :(

And yes I may already need a new motor at 288 miles. She's getting pulled apart tomorrow to see what it could be.

Yessir. I had talked with someone at the yard there and according to them at least, the goat rodeo of waiting has something to do with wrapping your car in a bag. That and them pushing out cars without certain chipsets into a line and then when the chips roll in they just go in order of the cars that are waiting. But my time waiting was apparently due to gift wrapping my car to deliver it :(

And yes I may already need a new motor at 288 miles. She's getting pulled apart tomorrow to see what it could be.
Let It Go Reaction GIF

That really sucks. I can only imagine your disappointment after the wait. Hopefully it turns out to be something simple. These engines are not new so I would hope any kinks have been worked out. Good luck with the repairs. I hope you are back on the road soon.

My BW is due in this week. I'm not anticipating it will be on time given all the horror stories on here. So far, all dates and status codes have been accurate (maybe just a bit delayed on status). I'm waiting for the disappointment at any moment. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

Well thats interesting. I'm at 4B00 Delayed and the plant is only 3.5 hours from my dealership. Basically as soon as its shipped it should be there same day but I'd be willing pay to have my dealer pick it up from the factory. I didn't think that would be allowed though from GM, I guess I'll have a chat with my dealer.

I just got the email from Cadillac Society that 2024 CT5's are going to be produced. I will assume that Blackwings will continue for yet another year. This was only "supposed" to be a 1-3 year run of Blackwings......I guess they changed their minds, just like Dodge does. Their new motto should be...."whatever sells".
Get your orders in now for your 2024 models......expected to be delivered in 2026 !

@Rob I picked up my car this weekend, so I can be taken out of the tracker. Thank you for the continuous updates and the forum.

As everyone has said, this car is so well worth the wait. It's next level GM imho. The turn-in, shifter, clutch, exhaust sound and so many other details that can easily go unnoticed due to their perfect integration into the car make it the great ride that it is.

It's not all puppies and ice cream though because we are, in fact, in the goat rodeo. My car came with a dent in the roof rail from shipping and over the weekend I discovered that it's leaking oil, which hopefully is just a seal that hasn't fully seated or a loose drain bolt on the oil pan, etc. It's going back to the dealer today for those issues as well as putting on the tint that was part of my "add-ons".

Here are some pics.. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the car, just can't wait to get past the break-in period so that I can rev it past 4k!

Also, no 'BlackWing' badge, just the 'V' badge.

And, the grey seats ended up looking pretty stellar with the Orange.

Attachments

• IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5744.jpeg
    IMG_5744.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5746.jpeg
    IMG_5746.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5749.jpeg
    IMG_5749.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5708.jpeg
    IMG_5708.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5750.jpeg
    IMG_5750.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5715.jpg
    IMG_5715.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 95
I just got the email from Cadillac Society that 2024 CT5's are going to be produced. I will assume that Blackwings will continue for yet another year. This was only "supposed" to be a 1-3 year run of Blackwings......I guess they changed their minds, just like Dodge does. Their new motto should be...."whatever sells".
Get your orders in now for your 2024 models......expected to be delivered in 2026 !
I'm not following. If they make Blackwings in 2024, that would be year #3. Where did you ever hear it might only be 1 year?

@Rob I picked up my car this weekend, so I can be taken out of the tracker. Thank you for the continuous updates and the forum.

As everyone has said, this car is so well worth the wait. It's next level GM imho. The turn-in, shifter, clutch, exhaust sound and so many other details that can easily go unnoticed due to their perfect integration into the car make it the great ride that it is.

It's not all puppies and ice cream though because we are, in fact, in the goat rodeo. My car came with a dent in the roof rail from shipping and over the weekend I discovered that it's leaking oil, which hopefully is just a seal that hasn't fully seated or a loose drain bolt on the oil pan, etc. It's going back to the dealer today for those issues as well as putting on the tint that was part of my "add-ons".

Here are some pics.. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the car, just can't wait to get past the break-in period so that I can rev it past 4k!

What a mix of feelings. Both scares me and gives me hope. Could not imagine receiving my goat only to return it due to immediate needs and fixes and dents.

Still, you're almost there!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Damn, that dent would drive me up the wall. I assume you asked to take delivery and have it fixed later rather then wait yet another few weeks?

The Blackwing badge probably won't be put into production until December at the earliest. All current '23s are shipping with the V badge. If you want the Blackwing badge call up customer service with your VIN and they will have it sent to you when its available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop