Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I had told my dealer NOT to drill my front bumper for the front plate. He made sure that it did not get drilled. The next day I look in the trunk and I find a bag of stuff. The front plate holder was not there (paid extra) . He did call me and tell he found it. I also found two small metal plates. These are apparently air deflectors to help cool the front brakes. They only have 2 holes that look like an easy install. THEN, I read the 6 page install paperwork ! I guess I have to make an appointment with service to have these done. Should have been done during prep. For the next couple of days I'll be reading the owners manual, looking at forum posts and watching You Tube to figure out how things work ! Went to my first car show today to show it off.
I think the air deflectors are for track purposes. Pretty sure there is some explanation in a thread around here.

When reading your post, I thought you were gonna say they drilled the holes. Whew, glad they didn't!Air deflectors for track use only. During normal daily use rocks and the like under regular street conditions can kick up into the brakes/rotors
I agree with shbox...
Air deflectors are for extra cooling that should only be needed for track use.
If installed for daily driving those little holes can allow for unwanted debris to be kicked up into the rotors😳.

I agree with shbox...
Air deflectors are for extra cooling that should only be needed for track use.
If installed for daily driving those little holes can allow for unwanted debris to be kicked up into the rotors😳.
Same as what I've read - something about rocks and stuff getting on the rotors and causing damage during daily driving.

Mine was sitting since Jan 13th….
Totally unacceptable! And yes I wrote a email to the ceo. Either I’ll get a email saying we are trying our best type bs or nothing will happen. I’m leaning towards nothing will happen.

I had told my dealer NOT to drill my front bumper for the front plate. He made sure that it did not get drilled. The next day I look in the trunk and I find a bag of stuff. The front plate holder was not there (paid extra) . He did call me and tell he found it. I also found two small metal plates. These are apparently air deflectors to help cool the front brakes. They only have 2 holes that look like an easy install. THEN, I read the 6 page install paperwork ! I guess I have to make an appointment with service to have these done. Should have been done during prep. For the next couple of days I'll be reading the owners manual, looking at forum posts and watching You Tube to figure out how things work ! Went to my first car show today to show it off.
Bellmore train station?

And yes, deflectors are track only. See here:

CT5 BW brake parts

Same as what I've read - something about rocks and stuff getting on the rotors and causing damage during daily driving.
See...that is why I read the forum. They never told me that it was for track purposes. Now I don't need to make a service appointment and can just tag those pieces of metal and put them in my basement parts bin. While I'm here.....what are those red plastic spacers for? Do you need them everytime you jack up the car ?

Here's a question I have, why continue building cars that you don't have all the parts for and leave them sitting in lots for months on end? Why build cars that you don't have all the LPOs for so that dealers are left trying to figure out how the hell they're going to explain to a customer who's waited nearly a year for the car, why they'll have to come back and pick up their LPOs and/or get them installed?

I've spent the last three weeks trying to meditate between customers who took delivery of Corvettes 3 months ago, third party vendors, GM and the dealers, regarding LPOs, that fell off the radar.

Sorry for the harsh words, but piss-poor planning and logistics on GM's part.

It's a damn good thing the U.S. military doesn't operate like this or we'd all be in a heap of shit.

I used to work in the auto industry for a number of years (GM, in fact, for most of it), and a big reason behind this is that the automakers and UAW have agreements about volumes, especially at specific plants. GM is contractually obligated to build a number of vehicles, whether they're in demand or not, in order to guarantee union jobs. Otherwise, they have to renegotiate a deal, which can take months and lead to strikes. In addition, in out of the 4,000+ components necessary to build a car, if a handful (as critical as they may be) are missing, they'll still push a car down the line instead of compromising their contracts and logistics with the hundreds of suppliers involved in building a car.

I'm not advocating for/against the UAW's involvement (they're just one piece of the puzzle along with all the other stakeholders and we can debate that elsewhere :)), only stating the reality, and that building cars in the factory is a huge flywheel with a lot of inertia (political, logistical, monetary, etc.) that you have to push back against if you want to pause production.

We are in a heap of shit… it does operate that way lol
Ironically, I've been in the market for an LPVO. And in my research and talking with active and retired military, I've been getting schooled 🤣

The bird has landed! Rob, can you take me off the tracker? Thank you for everything. You were the light amidst the darkness, though my wait was certainly nothing compared to some of the others around here.

Ordered in January and delivered yesterday. I know we aren't supposed to post about dealers here, though if Rob will allow - Natalie Sells at Genesis Cadillac St. Claire Shores, MI was truly the best dealership experience I've ever had. I've had BMW's, an Alfa Romeo, a Corvette, and two other Cadillac dealers within the last 6 years and Natalie was by far the best. I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 9428
Congratulations!

I used to work in the auto industry for a number of years (GM, in fact, for most of it), and a big reason behind this is that the automakers and UAW have agreements about volumes, especially at specific plants. GM is contractually obligated to build a number of vehicles, whether they're in demand or not, in order to guarantee union jobs. Otherwise, they have to renegotiate a deal, which can take months and lead to strikes. In addition, in out of the 4,000+ components necessary to build a car, if a handful (as critical as they may be) are missing, they'll still push a car down the line instead of compromising their contracts and logistics with the hundreds of suppliers involved in building a car.

I'm not advocating for/against the UAW's involvement (they're just one piece of the puzzle along with all the other stakeholders and we can debate that elsewhere :)), only stating the reality, and that building cars in the factory is a huge flywheel with a lot of inertia (political, logistical, monetary, etc.) that you have to push back against if you want to pause production.
Quality info | input.

It just bothered me that they didn't make a special Blackwing logo to show the "uninformed" that BW4's and BW5's were a little bit (maybe alot) more special than the other models. I had some say that the car looks like an expensive Honda Accord ( and I might somewhat agree). Today I had my decal guy make me some decals and I put them on to see what they look like. Its not everybodies cup of tea, so to speak. I have a few more variations to try before I have my pinstriper guy do something before I get the ceramic coating done next month. Let me know your thoughts or ideas. The car is really a sleeper and sometimes I do know that "less is more".

Attachments

• 20220611_170942.jpg
    20220611_170942.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220611_181607.jpg
    20220611_181607.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors