Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW brake parts

is this forum actually worth the $100/year compared to the free one here?
It's not just the forum, you are joining the V-Club and the rewards far exceed the $100 membership... The member shirt is worth $75, all the meets that they pay for to include meals, and a kick ass X-Mas party... Membership is worth every dollar IMHO...Plus there are other little things only V-Club members get ahead of the general public....Ive been to a couple of get togethers where Tony and Brandon was at where they spend time with members to answer questions and other things...Its worth it!

It's not just the forum, you are joining the V-Club and the rewards far exceed the $100 membership... The member shirt is worth $75, all the meets that they pay for to include meals, and a kick ass X-Mas party... Membership is worth every dollar IMHO...Plus there are other little things only V-Club members get ahead of the general public....Ive been to a couple of get togethers where Tony and Brandon was at where they spend time with members to answer questions and other things...Its worth it!
looking at past and upcoming events it appears that the nearest one's 8-10 hours away. If I were in Texas instead of Kansas it appears it would be a good value, but I'm unfortunately not

looking at past and upcoming events it appears that the nearest one's 8-10 hours away. If I were in Texas instead of Kansas it appears it would be a good value, but I'm unfortunately not
Sorry, I love my local chapter and we do thing all the time....

That's V-club. Been meaning to join mine which I'll do when it warms up next year. I'm paying for the V-related local events, not their forum else I'd just use this site.

Here is what is in my bag. I know what the two long pieces are. What are the smaller ones for and should they be installed? Instructions I believe do not mention them and are not in the kit contents.

Attachments

• B99DDA92-4D57-4B51-9CB1-880F40126E79.jpeg
    B99DDA92-4D57-4B51-9CB1-880F40126E79.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 139
Here is what is in my bag. I know what the two long pieces are. What are the smaller ones for and should they be installed? Instructions I believe do not mention them and are not in the kit contents.
Everything is in the instructions, including the metal gloss black ball joint protectors for the front discs. Those are cut out brake rotor shields, the ones I called "tomahawk". They are part of the track cooling kit so as far as should they be installed depends on how hard you going to track and your intent of the car. I would drive the car as is without these and if you ever run into issues with brakes on track you can improve the situation by installing the kit.

Dont think the cars and Blackwings are the issue. Built cars are just fine. This is a special friday and let the fun begin (like it hasnt been fun the last 90+ pages lol). Lots of cool content on cars from VIR too, I drove my assigned CTF down 11 hrs and back. Only one fill up in between, those performance seats are so comfy and I felt relaxed on the longest drive of my life. Twice. It was spiritual. Cant wait for my car 🙏 Nothing but thumbs up in every state (even a blue Michigan plated car in ohio!!! Lol) Now lets just pray I didnt blow any tols and upset any airplanes...
Perfect, thanks, hasn't given me any issues in 2500 miles so I will let it be...

Because then he'd have trashy people like me and @Mikezulu18 coming to join. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. @Mikezulu18 and I have never met, but we're from a similar and "very special" part of the country where we'd be littering up any joint in ATL. Lol!!

Actually... @Drozboyz you're not too far away either... Do I hear banjo music? Lol!

Is everyone with steel brake CT5BW getting the brake cooling kits in the trunk?

Bump on this thread. I just picked up my CT5VBW with steal brakes, and absolutely nothing was in the car other than the inflator kit. The dealer found the spring spacers for shipping and gave them to me, but they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked where the rear brake deflector kit was. Also, they seemed to indicate that nothing was put on during PDI, although it seems like @Mirza Grebovic indicated there are some parts that the dealer is supposed to install during PDI.

I haven't been able to get the car in the air yet to check if all the parts are there. And yes, I plan on tracking this car once I hit 1500 miles.

I received a whole trunk load of stuff...
I remember seeing your post of a picture with all the stuff in plastic bags that you got, but can't find it now? Do you still have that pic to repost? Need to make sure the dealer gets all this squared away before I fill out my survey.

I remember seeing your post of a picture with all the stuff in plastic bags that you got, but can't find it now? Do you still have that pic to repost? Need to make sure the dealer gets all this squared away before I fill out my survey.
Sure..

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4052.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
More, I saved everything, lol

Attachments

• IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4055.jpg
    IMG_4055.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4058.jpg
    IMG_4058.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
I have the ceramic composite brakes and my new CT5 came with a bag containing four foam pads which look like plumbing pipe insulation. They are supposed to be placed on the rotors whenever the wheels come on or off to prevent chipping/damage to the rotors (which aren’t cheap). I did not get the cooling ducts but I’m pretty sure they aren’t included with ceramics?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back