Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I know it's not mine..
But I'm waiting on a 5 shadow metallic with dark graphite wheels, blue calipers and no cf like that one in the middle... but it didn't look like black lug nuts like I ordered and can't tell if those are ccb's like I got.
I'm assuming you were in Northern PA heading South?
My window sticker says the black lug nuts are a dealer install item.

I respectfully disagree. We *can* compare different companies, and we do so regularly--every time we make a purchase decision.

Sure it's hard for a big company to make a fast pivot, but it's not impossible. In all the big companies I've worked for there are people who are acutely aware of the issues and have solutions, but they are drowned out by bosses straight out of Dilbert who don't want to upset the status quo, complacent to take the easy road (the way it's always been done). The constraints you mention are entirely self-imposed if you look deeply enough.

Here is one example from history of a time when a large organization *was* able to make a pivot.

When these pivots happen successfully you don't hear about them, this is what companies are supposed to be doing! Things happen in the background, the right plans are made in advance. Success feels automatic--but it is not. The big companies can keep fighting these battles, but they choose not to. They are not as hungry. People "rest and vest," as they say in my world, and they say it out loud.

I also disagree with the "they can't do it because it's hard" tone of your message. What I see more often is a failure of effort and imagination, they're not really trying. Just my opinion.
I didn't wanna go to far off topic to fully explain myself and you have every right to disagree with me. You're no doubt frustrated with the Goat Rodeo and there is no excuse. My statement was merely a generalization of how tenured organizations operate in lieu of newer companies. Typically, younger companies are willing/have to take more risks in order to stay in business. But it boils down to corporate cultures and the mindset of the employees from the decision maker to the end user. Those core values change from one department to another depending on leadership. We could debate ideology and corporate cultures for days but I digress...

Not one company has every piece of the puzzle figured out. There are those that rest and vest in every department in every organization large and small, but behind them stands the employees who tow the line. Where one company trails at delivery and production, another company trails at the end user experience via dealer networks.

I agree with you, some great ideas can be cast aside or snuffed out. GM has had Ups and Downs but I believe there are many dreamers, innovators and risk takers behind the scenes at GM who tow the line. (Those who envisioned the Blackwing and took risks to midengine the C8). But again, without firsthand knowledge of a situation its pretty difficult to make assumptions about what can and can't be done.

Just curious, what's your build spec?

Last edited:
I went to the dealership today to talk financing. Finance guy is the stereotypical "Wolf of Wall Street" New Yorker. He was telling me that I should get the bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7 years 56,000 miles at $4000 and also to get tire/wheel warranty at $2500 for 5years (total $6500) and that I could just add it to my loan and pay for it over time. Guy said this without breaking down laughing.
Sounds like the same guy from when I picked up my car at Paul Conte. I remember my sales guy, Dan, summoning this guy over to his desk and saying I'll be right back as I need to go transfer your plates. Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was "Yo, don't you go leaving me alone with Gordon Gecko here". And then Gordon (I think his real name was Blaine or something like that) gave me the exact same sales pitch on the warranties. Man, did he push hard on the wheel warranties telling me all about how he had it on his C7 Vette and how he's used it "so many times due to curb rash". And I'm thinking, maybe you should stop parking against so many curbs. 🙄

Needless to say, I did not take either of the warranties. My strategy on those is to wait until the time that the regular warranty is coming to expiration to determine if I am going to buy it. First, just in case I decide not to keep the car after 4 years (I don't think it's that big of selling point). And second, if the car gives me no troubles under the standard warranty, I won't buy the extended. That strategy has served me well with cars over the years.

My car was built but now in delayed status..☹️. Am in the Mount Sinai area
Obviously with plenty of company waiting in the lot of doom. Surprised it wasn't on the truck with @FLYARMY. What was your build date?

Not a thing on the cause for delay. 5BW, Rift, Auto, CF1 and mid seats with alcantara backs. My gut is telling me it was something stupid like the black lug nuts or carbon flash mirror caps I ordered. It is what it is....

My salesman seems to be as much in the dark as everyone else. Sewell has been great to deal with, but I think it's just heading cats (or goats if you will) at this point.
I’m with Sewell in Dallas. I got built on 5/17 with EDD of 6/21. I’m satin steel with black lug nuts and black mirror covers. Maybe they will ship together
You using Sewell in Dallas?

I’m with Sewell in Dallas. I got built on 5/17 with EDD of 6/21. I’m satin steel with black lug nuts and black mirror covers. Maybe they will ship together
You using Sewell in Dallas?
What your last 3 vin number? My car built on mid apr but not shipped until now

A great day indeed. Congrats. Almost time to get that Long Island get together in motion. Who else on LI is pending build or delivery? @RavenBW22 ? @V_G_M_3pedalonly ?
I’m still waiting on allocation, so may be a while until I get to bang some gears.

I also just ordered an Audi S5, bet I see that car before the BW. LOL

A great day indeed. Congrats. Almost time to get that Long Island get together in motion. Who else on LI is pending build or delivery? @RavenBW22 ? @V_G_M_3pedalonly ?
I’m still waiting on allocation, so may be a while until I get to bang some gears.

I also just ordered an Audi S5, bet I see that car before the BW.

Well, I guess now the goat rodeo begins for me... Let's see how long it takes to get it to South Louisiana. Starting out with an EDD of DELAYED is never a good sign. At least it was produced a week early. (So, I go that going for me. LOL)
View attachment 9285
How long from when you ordered at your dealership to getting the 1100 code?

1100 is just basically dealer entry, so as soon as they input it in GM Order Workbench that is the immediate code.
Agreed! codes described here.
At this point an 2022 in 1100 will be cancelled.. so hopefully your expectations are for a 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop