Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
My fellow goat herders - my status changed to 4200 / shipped. Are those accurate at all? If actually shipped I must be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, no? Lie to me baby!

My fellow goat herders - my status changed to 4200 / shipped. Are those accurate at all? If actually shipped I must be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, no? Lie to me baby!
You're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for sure. What is less clear is if that light is the tunnel exit or an oncoming train...

In my experience working for fortune 100 companies, it's much more difficult to steer the ship in a different course then a smaller/newer business. It takes time to implement improvements, in some cases so long the solution is no longer relevant. Changes to one area have ripple effects to so many other departments, you cannot possibly calculate impact to every angle. The implications and cost of making the wrong decision can cause alot of collateral damage. Layoffs and shutdowns are causes of poor decision making.

We cannot compare a startup company like Tesla to a legacy company like GM. There are no rules, no legacy processes to consider, no expectations of how things are done. On the surface, these companies should and do operate in the same fashion. The reality is they deal with completely different constraints from a business operating perspective and have there own unique obligations.

We don't have line of sight as to why things are the way they are and even if we did it wouldn't make any difference. We all need to sit tight and focus on what we can control.

I respectfully disagree. We *can* compare different companies, and we do so regularly--every time we make a purchase decision.

Sure it's hard for a big company to make a fast pivot, but it's not impossible. In all the big companies I've worked for there are people who are acutely aware of the issues and have solutions, but they are drowned out by bosses straight out of Dilbert who don't want to upset the status quo, complacent to take the easy road (the way it's always been done). The constraints you mention are entirely self-imposed if you look deeply enough.

Here is one example from history of a time when a large organization *was* able to make a pivot.

When these pivots happen successfully you don't hear about them, this is what companies are supposed to be doing! Things happen in the background, the right plans are made in advance. Success feels automatic--but it is not. The big companies can keep fighting these battles, but they choose not to. They are not as hungry. People "rest and vest," as they say in my world, and they say it out loud.

I also disagree with the "they can't do it because it's hard" tone of your message. What I see more often is a failure of effort and imagination, they're not really trying. Just my opinion.

Interesting... today I'm updated to 4300 with an EDD of 6/23, but VINs ahead of me and behind me are still at 3800. I'm not complaining at all, just odd the way the luck of the goat goes.

Once again, thanks @Rob

@Eagle Fang and @Jameson's Viggen

Would be interested to hear when you get updates on yours
Dealer called me yesterday and said my 4BW would be delivered this weekend! I'll post pictures whenever I can (shadow metallic, performance seats, manual, non-CF).

Also, I echo sentiments from earlier regarding being burned out at work. I work in healthcare and things are, to use a very politically correct term, challenging... I just keep telling myself one foot in front of the other. Hearing that the BW was arriving soon literally made my month.

Dealer called me yesterday and said my 4BW would be delivered this weekend! I'll post pictures whenever I can (shadow metallic, performance seats, manual, non-CF).

Also, I echo sentiments from earlier regarding being burned out at work. I work in healthcare and things are, to use a very politically correct term, challenging... I just keep telling myself one foot in front of the other. Hearing that the BW was arriving soon literally made my month.
Sweet! I have shadow metallic BW on order or should probably say, "had" thanks GM!

Big sports car fan we got here. You sure do have a hard-on for your euro junk, don't you?
Pretty much? When you work on the car yourself you learn the hard way with the overpriced Euro crap. It's pretty much fact!

In PA breaking in the wife's CT4 and spotted this BlackWing only transport truck. Three 5's, two black. Black cars had standard wheels, the middle one has graphite.
IMG_20220603_202831.jpg
IMG_20220603_202820.jpg
IMG_20220603_202803.jpg
IMG_20220603_202753.jpg

My delivery is early next week. Rob's tracker now agrees with what my sales guy says.

I'm Eastern Queens and not technically LI, but now 3800 according to the tracker. My salesman at Sarant called yesterday (unprompted) to confirm the car had been built as well. For better or worse, he was also honest about the fact that he didn't know when it would actually be arriving. He said he had a 5BW for a customer which had been sitting in the lot since March and he didn't know what the holdup was, so basically an accurate reflection of the goat rodeo, though he did not use that term.
Ok, adding u to the list of locals. Will figure out a meet up location that works for all once cars are delivered.

I went to the dealership today to talk financing. Finance guy is the stereotypical "Wolf of Wall Street" New Yorker. He was telling me that I should get the bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7 years 56,000 miles at $4000 and also to get tire/wheel warranty at $2500 for 5years (total $6500) and that I could just add it to my loan and pay for it over time. Guy said this without breaking down laughing. I'm still ticked off that one of Cadillac's most expensive cars has no current incentives offered. Not even a $500 thank you. I am going to hit them with a double redemption on my GM card of $2000 and my Chevy Rewards of $400. Salesguy said that I can only use the GM $2000. I called GM and they said I can do both. It will bring my out the door price under $100k. My car is already 90% prepped . There is a trunk full of some parts that I couldn't identify and they owe me premium floor mats. I hope to have it by next Friday or sooner if the bank works quickly.

Attachments

• 20220603_133524.jpg
    20220603_133524.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86
In PA breaking in the wife's CT4 and spotted this BlackWing only transport truck. Three 5's, two black. Black cars had standard wheels, the middle one has graphite. View attachment 9293View attachment 9292View attachment 9291View attachment 9290
I know it's not mine..
But I'm waiting on a 5 shadow metallic with dark graphite wheels, blue calipers and no cf like that one in the middle... but it didn't look like black lug nuts like I ordered and can't tell if those are ccb's like I got.
I'm assuming you were in Northern PA heading South?

I know it's not mine..
But I'm waiting on a 5 shadow metallic with dark graphite wheels, blue calipers and no cf like that one in the middle... but it didn't look like black lug nuts like I ordered and can't tell if those are ccb's like I got.
I'm assuming you were in Northern PA heading South?
Sometimes things like that are installed at the dealer. Yes, came through Ohio, I was about 1.5 hours in.

I went to the dealership today to talk financing. Finance guy is the stereotypical "Wolf of Wall Street" New Yorker. He was telling me that I should get the bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7 years 56,000 miles at $4000 and also to get tire/wheel warranty at $2500 for 5years (total $6500) and that I could just add it to my loan and pay for it over time. Guy said this without breaking down laughing. I'm still ticked off that one of Cadillac's most expensive cars has no current incentives offered. Not even a $500 thank you. I am going to hit them with a double redemption on my GM card of $2000 and my Chevy Rewards of $400. Salesguy said that I can only use the GM $2000. I called GM and they said I can do both. It will bring my out the door price under $100k. My car is already 90% prepped . There is a trunk full of some parts that I couldn't identify and they owe me premium floor mats. I hope to have it by next Friday or sooner if the bank works quickly.
There is zero incentive for them to make any incentives. Only the opposite, which is raise the price, which they did for 23. This is a very limited availability car with a giant line of orders of people wanting it that’s much larger than their current production amount. Why would they take money off in that scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop