Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

any advantage to Green filters?

conipc

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Anyone seen any advantage over stock for Green intake air filters on 4BW? other than permanence of the filters?

not exactly performance related, but there were a ton of bugs, leaves and road debris sitting below the filters for me. I plugged the intake tubes and hit it with the shop vac

Now I am trying to figure out if I can feel anything in the powerband, but it feels like my car idles smoother now.

Also, be very careful not to strip the screws on the intake lid (especially the corner ones), and don't forget about the extra one in the middle. Mine were installed extremely tight during what I would assume was service related

For those who have stripped one of the intake retainer bolt heads ($13/screw new) -- it looks like the camaro intake lid bolts are identical, but use a torx head as an alternative. I ordered a bag of them to compare -- they may be easier to get in and out than the phillips head ones

not exactly performance related, but there were a ton of bugs, leaves and road debris sitting below the filters for me. I plugged the intake tubes and hit it with the shop vac

Now I am trying to figure out if I can feel anything in the powerband, but it feels like my car idles smoother now.

Also, be very careful not to strip the screws on the intake lid (especially the corner ones), and don't forget about the extra one in the middle. Mine were installed extremely tight during what I would assume was service related

For those who have stripped one of the intake retainer bolt heads ($13/screw new) -- it looks like the camaro intake lid bolts are identical, but use a torx head as an alternative. I ordered a bag of them to compare -- they may be easier to get in and out than the phillips head ones
My dealer had those screws listed at $18 and some change. I found a replacement on Amazon for a bag of 25 of them for just over $30.

Do you still have a link to the Amazon replacements, or the verbiage to search? thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back