Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

BKC1 said:
Talk about turning a design failing into a feature.
Sounds to me like you're talking about turning an excellent innovation into an insult.

BKC1 said:
This works by disrupting flow over the MAF
That's false. Nothing in our design impedes and/or disrupts the airflow.

BKC1 said:
which the aftermarket CAIs on the ATS-V do and cause the engine to run lean until you compensate in the tune using an aftermarket WB.
That's true. However, the product in question was designed for CT4-V Blackwings, which are equipped with dual channel wideband oxygen sensors, and will not run lean when the intake system is altered.

The BW OEM wideband enables the ECU to knock the A/F down without a tune and keeps the engine safe (until the WB fails), but you've gotta question the long-term viability of this solution.
The Blackwings feature dual wideband oxygen sensors that respond instantaneously to fueling demands. This happens in milliseconds and works perfectly. I think most reasonable people will agree that the odds of both widebands failing at the same time are remote.

At higher power levels and higher flow velocities the turbulent flow problem is going to becoming increasingly challenging to tune against, and will cost power over the OEM airbox.
As previously stated, there is no additional turbulence in our design. Based on our innovations and performance track record, we feel that we are more qualified to discuss higher power level LF4s than any other tuning company. And on that note, we just reset the CT4-V Blackwing horsepower record last week running this 'design failing' of an intake.

Scott Cook - 733 whp.png

Last edited:
Our Tapout Tuning Module allows for electronic 'tuning' via MAF, MAP and TMAP signal manipulation. And we can go all the way to idle, where the codes are triggered. However, we need to get cars on the dyno in order to properly set this up. The Tapout Tuning Modules sell for $895, plus custom dyno tuning is required. And yes, factory spark plugs should be fine at the lower power levels.
Tapout Tuning Module (TTM) is available now, in conjunction with in house dyno tuning. Within the next few months, we should be able to start offering it for shipment with seven calibration maps preloaded.

Haven’t seen any updates about the TTM since the ECM was successfully hacked. Understandably so

Any chance in the near future that the TTM will be able to be shipped without in-house dyno testing?
For those of us wanting to preserve the factory warranty for now

Attachments

• 1692138249038.png
    1692138249038.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 57
Haven’t seen any updates about the TTM since the ECM was successfully hacked. Understandably so

Any chance in the near future that the TTM will be able to be shipped without in-house dyno testing?
For those of us wanting to preserve the factory warranty for now
You're right. Pretty much everyone wants the full scale HP Tuners Global B tuning now. We are still working on finalizing the various tunes with our TTM, but now it's going to take longer than originally planned. Sorry!

If this intake system is increasing boost by approx 4psi with significant gains…what type of gains is the car seeing when properly tuning for the intake via HP Tuners?

This would be my preferred setup. Intake and proper tune…maybe a trans tune as well.
I think with a proper tune it negates the effect of the intake so it essentially becomes a cosmetic piece. But man…what a great looking piece it is…

If this intake system is increasing boost by approx 4psi with significant gains…what type of gains is the car seeing when properly tuning for the intake via HP Tuners?

This would be my preferred setup. Intake and proper tune…maybe a trans tune as well.
In this situation.. A proper tune would cancel out the rough idle, it sounds like? I have the CF airbox but no tune. In low RMPs I can get a funny idle. Especially when it's cold but I'm in Texas and we're far from that right now lol.

In this situation.. A proper tune would cancel out the rough idle, it sounds like? I have the CF airbox but no tune. In low RMPs I can get a funny idle. Especially when it's cold but I'm in Texas and we're far from that right now lol.
Yes. A proper tune allows us to properly recalibrate the ECM for the aftermarket intake lid, providing OEM idle quality with no DTCs.

Yes. A proper tune allows us to properly recalibrate the ECM for the aftermarket intake lid, providing OEM idle quality with no DTCs.
And just to be clear - which tune would best compliment my car with the CF airbox?

Thanks for all y'all do!

View attachment 15302

Our new carbon fiber intake system for the CT4-V Blackwing is a work of art. And it also performs! Internally, this revolutionary new airbox design functions in a proprietary manner that increases airflow and boost, without the ECM being aware of the changes. If you bolt this intake to your completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, you will instantly gain 30 to 50 peak whp. Even more impressive is the 70 plus whp gains you’ll have near redline!

These performance improvements take place with no other changes, and no tuning required. Idle, drivability and fuel economy will all remain the same as stock, as long as you stay out of the boost. There are no DTCs or Check Engine light issues. This intake system is safe for any fuel octane from 91 on up. If you’re currently running the JB4, you will need to work with us for some custom settings at the time you install the carbon fiber intake.

Coupled with custom JB4 tuning, you can expect to see gains of approximately 100 whp on 93-octane. Colder spark plugs with smaller gaps are required at this level, and when you add on our downpipes, you can make even more power!

View attachment 15304
2022 CT4V Blackwing M6 on 93-octane: stock (red lines) versus Tapout intake (blue lines) versus intake with Tapout custom JB4 tune (green lines).

Pricing will be $1,188 for the carbon fiber intake, plus $155 for the Green high performance air filters. We will start accepting pre-orders for these new intakes tomorrow. All pre-orders will be shipped in February 2023.
Any thoughts to providing a looks only carbon fiber intake without the code inducing improvements? Hopefully, at a reduced price?

@RDATLTE Looks like they can be ordered at a reduced price on the TTuning website.

@WONT TAP Any update on the TTM? I really want the Global B Tuning but I don't want to deal with potential warranty issues.

Any thoughts to providing a looks only carbon fiber intake without the code inducing improvements? Hopefully, at a reduced price?
Yes, we have these on the website now for $200 less.

Yes, we have these on the website now for $200 less.

Already ordered (15363) on 10/31/23 along with the Radiator Cover. What are the ETAs?

@WONT TAP Any update on the TTM? I really want the Global B Tuning but I don't want to deal with potential warranty issues.

We haven't made any progress on this in the last few months, because almost everyone is going with HP Tuners now that Global B ECMs have been cracked. However, we do have the Tapout Tuning Modules in stock. We can install and dyno tune these in house. If you're interested in a quote, please email me directly at ScottC@TapoutTuning.com.
Already ordered (15363) on 10/31/23 along with the Radiator Cover. What are the ETAs?
Order received. Thanks Jeff!

Radiator covers should be arriving by the end of this month. Intake lids with OEM sized MAF tubes are still about two months out...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back