Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4 v Blackwing air filter install

I am a new member to the Green filter club thanks to my buddy who bought them for me as a birthday present. Those Phillips screws are more difficult to use than the Torx screws on the Camaro. I saw a thread somewhere with the info for the proper Torx screws on Amazon. I’ll order those before I open the air box again. And don’t drop the screw. It’s not fun finding it under the motor.

That may have been me

I ordered both types but ultimately opted for the OEM Phillips head screws

The Camaro airbox screws were identical in every way, but like 25% shorter in length. As much of a pain as it is, i would stick with the OEM ones and replace them when you strip them

That may have been me

I ordered both types but ultimately opted for the OEM Phillips head screws

The Camaro airbox screws were identical in every way, but like 25% shorter in length. As much of a pain as it is, i would stick with the OEM ones and replace them when you strip them
Except the OEM ones retail for ~$18 a piece! I found aftermarket ones on Amazon for ~$1 a piece that I posted about somewhere on here.

I'm very interested in these filters and the throttle body upgrade (and bigger Turbos, downpipes, exhaust, carbon fiber driveshaft, tune and all the rest)....but at this time I don't want codes, emissions issues or anything that a dealer may use to deny warranty....etc

So would the green filters (and throttle body upgrade) be recommended and am I inviting any issues?
In my experience WONT
That's kind of where I'm at. On my other 3 turbo cars, oiled air filters are an issue with MAF sensors. This creates a CEL on those 3 cars and its extremely hard to diagnose. Now that we know on our forums, the minute someone gets a code related to boost, we ask if theyre using an oiled air filter. If they tell us they are, we tell them to replace the MAF nad get rid of the oiled fulter. But, WONT TAP said there aren't any issues.
In my experience WONT TAP will not steer you wrong. I have like many done the green filters (oiled) and no issues or CEL's don't know about the throttle body but would be interested to find out.

Just replaced my air filter. Not going to lie…it was a big pain in the ass!
As mentioned before, don’t take the screws out completely. Don’t forget that there is a screw in the middle. You will have to cut the ‘zip tie’ that holds the electrical sensor harness+ disconnect both sensors to get access to 2 screws.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back