Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
IMG_9052.JPG

Our new carbon fiber intake system for the CT4-V Blackwing is a work of art. And it also performs! Internally, this revolutionary new airbox design functions in a proprietary manner that increases airflow and boost, without the ECM being aware of the changes. If you bolt this intake to your completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, you will instantly gain 30 to 50 peak whp. Even more impressive is the 70 plus whp gains you’ll have near redline!

These performance improvements take place with no other changes, and no tuning required. Idle, drivability and fuel economy will all remain the same as stock, as long as you stay out of the boost. There are no DTCs or Check Engine light issues. This intake system is safe for any fuel octane from 91 on up. If you’re currently running the JB4, you will need to work with us for some custom settings at the time you install the carbon fiber intake.

Coupled with custom JB4 tuning, you can expect to see gains of approximately 100 whp on 93-octane. Colder spark plugs with smaller gaps are required at this level, and when you add on our downpipes, you can make even more power!

Chuck Gutscher - 407 vs. 451 vs. 515 whp.png

2022 CT4V Blackwing M6 on 93-octane: stock (red lines) versus Tapout intake (blue lines) versus intake with Tapout custom JB4 tune (green lines).

Pricing will be $1,188 for the carbon fiber intake, plus $155 for the Green high performance air filters. We will start accepting pre-orders for these new intakes tomorrow. All pre-orders will be shipped in February 2023.

Last edited:
Will this be part of the blue belt down the road? Would love to see the charts with JB4, intake, downpipe, plugs, filters, throttle body, etc. The better breathing approach is so appealing with this kind of engine/setup. Thank you guys for all this info and hard work you do!

Will this be part of the blue belt down the road? Would love to see the charts with JB4, intake, downpipe, plugs, filters, throttle body, etc. The better breathing approach is so appealing with this kind of engine/setup. Thank you guys for all this info and hard work you do!
Yes, these new carbon fiber intakes will be available separately, and also included as part of our recommended Blue Belt Performance Package.

Just to clarify, is the blue line on the Dyno chart the new CF air box and green filter on otherwise stock motor? Green line with JB4 and plugs added?

Just to clarify, is the blue line on the Dyno chart the new CF air box and green filter on otherwise stock motor? Green line with JB4 and plugs added?
Sorry. Forgot the caption. Should be as follows:

2022 CT4V Blackwing M6 on 93-octane: stock (red lines) versus Tapout intake (blue lines) versus intake with Tapout custom JB4 tune (green lines).

Very interesting @WONT TAP ! How do you get the stock ECU to ignore the torque map? Looking at the chart there is more boost. Also, any change to the noise inside the cabin?

Last edited:
I was figuring a lot of engineering went into the stock intake and gains would be minimal.

This seems nuts, huge gains.

But the boost increased 4psi. So that's the power gains.

How are we seeing a 4psi gain on a locked out ECU from an intake? This some weird voo-doo shit.

Another thing on the list now...

What's the chance of getting a wishlist setup for your website?

Last edited:
Very interesting @WONT TAP ! How do you get the stock ECU to ignore the torque map? Looking at the chart there is more boost. Also, any change to the noise inside the cabin?
We don't want to give away our secret sauce. However, with this revolutionary new carbon fiber intake system, the ECM responds by increasing boost without retarding ignition timing.
🙂

I was figuring a lot of engineering went into the stock intake and gains would be minimal.

This seems nuts, huge gains.

But the boost increased 4psi. So that's the power gains.

How are we seeing a 4psi gain on a locked out ECU from an intake? This some weird voo-doo shit.
You're exactly right! We are tricking the ECM with our intake design, instead of, or in addition to electronically spoofing sensor signals via JB4, DCM, etc.

I'd love to see the combo of catted downpipes and the intake.

Honestly, the intake on its own seems to show gains as good If not better than the JB4.

The JB4 + Intake show less bang for the buck together to me.

I'd love to see the combo of catted downpipes and the intake.

Honestly, the intake on its own seems to show gains as good If not better than the JB4.

The JB4 + Intake show less bang for the buck together to me.
You're right. White Belt gains x power by itself. Intake gains y power by itself. White Belt plus intake gains even more power, but not quite as much as x plus y added together.

Are you going to have a JB4 map specific to the blue belt with the intake, or are you using just a base map with the intake providing its own benefits?

Are you going to have a JB4 map specific to the blue belt with the intake, or are you using just a base map with the intake providing its own benefits?
Yes, we will provide a custom map for you. :)

I intend the following to be constructive and am super excited for you guys and this intake…

But this is a bug, not a feature. This is something like the engineers installing the Venturi backwards and the computer not tossing out ambient pressures greater than SLS. What are the odds that GM takes a look at the corrected inlet airflow tables and pushes an OTA fix? I truly hope they don’t, because this is awesome.

I intend the following to be constructive and am super excited for you guys and this intake…

But this is a bug, not a feature. This is something like the engineers installing the Venturi backwards and the computer not tossing out total pressures greater than SLS. What are the odds that GM takes a look at the corrected inlet airflow tables and pushes an OTA fix? I truly hope they don’t, because this is awesome.
The ECM cannot detect that anything has been changed when this intake is installed.

The ECM cannot detect that anything has been changed when this intake is installed.

I gotcha, but the ECU is clearly misinterpreting a signal that you’ve cleverly manipulated and raising boost past the torque target. It’s not behaving as it’s intended to. I’m guessing you guys were as surprised by this behavior as we are now. By serendipity or by design, who cares and let’s all celebrate, I’m just worried about it staying that way.

I gotcha, but the ECU is clearly misinterpreting a signal that you’ve cleverly manipulated and raising boost past the torque target. It’s not behaving as it’s intended to. I’m guessing you guys were as surprised by this behavior as we are now. By serendipity or by design, who cares and let’s all celebrate, I’m just worried about it staying that way.
You're going to need to trust me on this...

We have had our flagship car on the dyno almost every week for the last 16 months. All of our efforts have revolved around finding ways to turn up the power without the ECM realizing it, and circumventing our efforts.

I am comfortable saying that our team probably understands how these tunes function better than almost anyone outside of GM. And now that we know what's going on, we have also figured out how to make it do what we want.

I would encourage you to think of it this way. 18 months ago, the entire industry believed these cars were completely untunable. Today our flagship car makes 710 whp. This is 300 more horsepower than stock, with no internal modifications!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back