Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Porting Supercharger and TB...

These mods are on my want list, but anyone else a little hesitant until they gain some confidence that their LT4 was built properly?
Nope, they're all built to the same specs. All the parts and tolerances are scanned at each step when the engine is built. If it was going to have a failure it won't be because it wasn't "built properly" it will be because of a bad part.

To that end, bad parts usually show up early in the engines life. Wait for a couple thousand miles to ensure the engine seems fine if you're worried and after that go to town.

I’m running the Kong x ported SC and they’re 105mm TB, I’ve put about 1,000 miles on it and no issues. Runs awesome and very noticeable. I just had SOUL do catted DP’s, went catted because NY is a PITA with yearly inspections and didn’t want to deal with CEL. I don’t understand how non-catted isn’t triggering a CEL.

I’m running the Kong x ported SC and they’re 105mm TB, I’ve put about 1,000 miles on it and no issues. Runs awesome and very noticeable. I just had SOUL do catted DP’s, went catted because NY is a PITA with yearly inspections and didn’t want to deal with CEL. I don’t understand how non-catted isn’t triggering a CEL.
I'm confused...how do you have a supercharger and downpipes?

When you did the super charger you just hopped in and it made the changes instantly?

I'm asking because I just sent mine off. Didn't know if you have to do small sweeps for it make adjustments, etc.

I don’t understand how non-catted isn’t triggering a CEL.
I dont either but after 4k miles i am still CEL free. And the sound, it really makes the experience. Looking forward to whenever there is a tuning solution to to solve fueling issue to drop back down from a 2.3 to 2.175 pulley and go E85.

With the 12 inch wheels and warm weather traction has not been an issue at the current power level at all.

I dont either but after 4k miles i am still CEL free. And the sound, it really makes the experience. Looking forward to whenever there is a tuning solution to to solve fueling issue to drop back down from a 2.3 to 2.175 pulley and go E85.

With the 12 inch wheels and warm weather traction has not been an issue at the current power level at all.
I'm going with a 2.3 as well from Tapout/Kong. The fueling is fine with the 2.3 im assuming. I wonder if the lid I have coming will require much more fuel. Doubt it, but I plan to log to make sure.

Fingers crossed everything will work as planned.

When you did the super charger you just hopped in and it made the changes instantly?

I'm asking because I just sent mine off. Didn't know if you have to do small sweeps for it make adjustments, etc.
I've got the Kong ported blower and yes, just jump in and it works. If you're doing the install yourself make sure you torque the SC to spec and also tighten the bolts in order. Also make sure you get all the air out of the SC cooling system. It's a PIA to do but critical.

If you are already porting the supercharger you might as well get a smaller pulley, the labor is already done.

But as mentioned, 2000 miles later full mods, no cats, no check engine
I've got all the mods, no cats and get cel now and then. DTC assassin clears it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop