Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I saw a You Tube review on this. The battery only lasts 10 minutes....but its enough to do a whole car.
I saw some YouTube's also before pulling the trigger. Personally, I think it's well worth the money. I washed 2 vehicles and almost got both dried on one battery. I do have 4 batteries though. The key to using it, is to leave the car somewhat wet and finish drying with the next best thing since sliced bread.

On with the Summer tires and the first install of the Apex wheels.
Apex.jpg

Is this using the recommended specs from the website?
View attachment 25110
It's from the recommended list, but I kept the stock rim width which gives offsets 30 front and 35 rear. The front is almost identical (28 stock) but the rear pushes out about 1/2 inch. Essentially the sidewall now protrudes from the fender. Probably messes up the aerodynamics and it's going to drop my top speed from 186 to 183.

Attachments

• PXL_20240402_163028422.jpg
    PXL_20240402_163028422.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20240402_163050212x.jpg
    PXL_20240402_163050212x.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20240402_164358542.jpg
    PXL_20240402_164358542.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
The carbon rear spoiler kinda kills that sleeper concept.
That's why I didn't want it on my 5 that'll be delivered to my PPF guys this afternoon. Only those who know will know ;)

Changed the oil… this was the most difficult time I ever had in the 19 years I have been changing my own oil. The only hard part was the oil filter from the factory was over torqued. I actually went to the store to buy filter pliers and I still had a hard time. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Same - Tightest filter I ever had to take off. Couldn't budge it by hand or with strap wrench.

My stamped filter cap wrench just skidded over and didn't move the filter.

Finally got it off with three-jaw filter wrench using an 18" breaker bar, damaging the filter as shown.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 26
  • wrench.PNG
    wrench.PNG
    170.3 KB · Views: 27
I have the Fumoto oil pan bolt for easy draining during my oil changes. I installed them on most of my cars. No worries about stripping oil pan bolts. Install one time and you should be good for many years.

Attachments

• 20221002_105613.jpg
    20221002_105613.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
2-stage correction and ceramic coating. View attachment 25161View attachment 25162
Sexy bud! Wish I could do that after I practice on my BW which is same color as yours I would have ruined the clear and paint! Man has to know his limitations? I would be much more comfortable yanking the motor than picking up the buffer and seeing what happens?

Fumoto Valve part # F-107-SX $40
I like this one because you can rotate it for easier access. On their website it has it listed as 6.2L Escalade.

Last edited:
Put on the blue ring center caps to match the calipers..very subtle change but why not.

Attachments

• IMG_5447.jpeg
    IMG_5447.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 35
Sexy bud! Wish I could do that after I practice on my BW which is same color as yours I would have ruined the clear and paint! Man has to know his limitations? I would be much more comfortable yanking the motor than picking up the buffer and seeing what happens?
Thanks!

Really not much risk at all using a good orbital. I don’t go too crazy to get EVERY fine scratch out.. just an orange pad with light compound, then follow up with a black pad and finishing polish. All Griots stuff. Really is a joy doing it, especially on a black car. Most rewarding color for sure.

Thanks!

Really not much risk at all using a good orbital. I don’t go too crazy to get EVERY fine scratch out.. just an orange pad with light compound, then follow up with a black pad and finishing polish. All Griots stuff. Really is a joy doing it, especially on a black car. Most rewarding color for sure.
Agree! With right tools you can’t mess it up.

Ceramic coated and mounted my APEX wheels. Used gtechniq CSL and am impressed with the results so far. Went on the usual Sunday cruise down to Pier Village with the squad. Ate wayyyyy too many cheeseburgers. It was an absolute blast.

Paint correction, reflector tinting, and ceramic coating are inbound next week while I am away for work. More pics to follow in the appropriate thread, but brushed clear on Shadow Metallic seems like a sweet combo so far. Stance is just right, rear looks mean AF.

Attachments

• side.jpeg
    side.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 60
  • corner shot.jpeg
    corner shot.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 58
  • front on.jpeg
    front on.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 54
  • rear poke.jpeg
    rear poke.jpeg