Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V New CT5-V Blackwing needs new transmission prior to delivery. What to do?

CT5-V Model
I absolutley would take the buy-back and find another new one on a different dealers lot as they are starting to pop up here and there. Move forward from this debacle, your OCD will thank you.

Thread '6MT 2023 CT5-V Blackwing For Sale' CT5-V - 6MT 2023 CT5-V Blackwing For Sale

Seems reasonable and has great options. Only thing, it shows federal 50 state emissions, not CA emissions. Anyone could chime in if it's applicable.

Last edited:
I am very happy you got resolution.

Personally, as others have said, having a 5BW is the ultimate goal. I would want assurance that you can order and receive a replacement ASAP as part of the buy-back. Is there a close 2nd for color choice ? I'm partial to red. :)

Picked up the replacement 5BW yesterday. I am bummed Wave metallic was discontinued, but that is not the dealer's fault. Picked up the car prior to PDI. Have not found any paint defects or other issues (except some curb rash on the INSIDE of the wheels - I suspect from getting on and off the transporter). Panel gaps aren't Toyota quality, but are close enough I probably won't readjust them (except the trunk, which I'll probably take a stab at).

So far, on this second time around, this is what I expected buying a new would be like and I am completely satisfied with the experience. The dealer's general manager was great to deal with and I think genuinely wanted to make me happy.

1696609528832.png

1696609554988.png

1696609576280.png

1696609604059.png

1696609661655.png

1696609698235.png

1696609725260.png

Congrats man! I think you made the correct decision.

That wheel rash is ridiculous. Can the dealer order you a replacement?

It's a bit sad we have to settle for anything on the car at delivery. And it seems like a crapshoot regarding door alignment, paint, etc. My 4 was not good. I did not care as it was just a temporary driver until my 5 came. Got super lucky on the 5 and have no complaints. If I had to split hairs, the red steering wheel stripe is not perfect, but with that being the only thing on mine, I really don't care.

GM has never had the quality of a brand like Toyota, but what they do have - especially on a machine like the CT5-V Blackwing - is the best driving dynamics on the road. I have never been more satisfied driving a car than I do my manual Blackwing. For my personal tastes, it is simply one of the greatest cars ever made.

Enjoy yours!!

Picked up the replacement 5BW yesterday. I am bummed Wave metallic was discontinued, but that is not the dealer's fault. Picked up the car prior to PDI. Have not found any paint defects or other issues (except some curb rash on the INSIDE of the wheels - I suspect from getting on and off the transporter). Panel gaps aren't Toyota quality, but are close enough I probably won't readjust them (except the trunk, which I'll probably take a stab at).

So far, on this second time around, this is what I expected buying a new would be like and I am completely satisfied with the experience. The dealer's general manager was great to deal with and I think genuinely wanted to make me happy.

View attachment 22061
View attachment 22062
View attachment 22063

View attachment 22064
View attachment 22065

View attachment 22066
View attachment 22067
Congratulations again! It's nice to hear that this went well for you. In the end you got a newer car with piece of mind.

I had curb rash on all 4 of my wheels when it was delivered. I brought it back and they had a tire and wheel company do some repairs.

I'm guessing mine was all the way back on the carrier. One of the plastic undercarriage covers was also broken on mine that I had them replace.

Holy smokes, just read through this thread. Thank god the dealership did the right thing and bought the car back from you.

What an insane experience. Now you got me wanting to get up under my car. Jeez.

Congrats on the new car! Glad to see the dealer really came through on this. Great spec as well. The carbon bits look fantastic against this color.

Btw, any issues driving up on those race ramps with the front splitter? I’m assuming they’re the 67” version?

I have the same ones and did an oil change recently. Barely cleared the ramps as I drove up and no splitter on my car yet.

Congrats !!

I'm happy you can join the fold without major repairs prior to even taking delivery.

What did they do with the original car ?

Btw, any issues driving up on those race ramps with the front splitter? I’m assuming they’re the 67” version?

I have the same ones and did an oil change recently. Barely cleared the ramps as I drove up and no splitter on my car yet.
Those are the 56" race ramps. Fit without issue even with the carbon splitter. They fit my S2000 and it is MUCH lower - can't even get a low profile aluminum racing jack under it without first driving on to 2x4s. I think you'd need to have something really exotic, or with extremely long front overhang to need the 67". I'm sure some need the 67s but I've not yet had a car that didn't clear the 56"

Congrats !!

I'm happy you can join the fold without major repairs prior to even taking delivery.

What did they do with the original car ?
They sold it as used. I don't know what they got for it, but I saw it listed at MSRP. It drove perfectly and was rattle free (new car has 2 interior rattles I need to track down and fix). I really liked that car, but am too OCD to deal with it not being perfect. For a less neurotic person it would be a nice car (presuming all the fasteners were properly installed and torqued) - most people don't spend a lot of time under their car, but I am very familiar with the bottom side of all of mine

OP, I'm happy to see that it all worked out for you (eventually) and that you are happy, and that you did get another BW.

Reading this saga reminds me of my M2. It made something like 6 or 8 trips to the dealer, either for repeated attempts to fix a problem, or to fix stuff that was broken by the tech when he tried to fix the original issue.

And this does not count the time that they did not torque the lug bolts, and I did that myself. Yes, I knew they were loose because I could feel and hear the front wheels trying to fall off of the car.

That resulted in phone calls (with apologies) from both the service manager and the tech himself.

OP, I'm happy to see that it all worked out for you (eventually) and that you are happy, and that you did get another BW.

Reading this saga reminds me of my M2. It made something like 6 or 8 trips to the dealer, either for repeated attempts to fix a problem, or to fix stuff that was broken by the tech when he tried to fix the original issue.

And this does not count the time that they did not torque the lug bolts, and I did that myself. Yes, I knew they were loose because I could feel and hear the front wheels trying to fall off of the car.

That resulted in phone calls (with apologies) from both the service manager and the tech himself.
Jesh, I though BMW turned a corner with reliability, I guess you're almost better off with a late 2000s era. At least you know what the problems are which can be addressed (vanos, coolant systems, timing chains)

What specifically was wrong with your m2?

What specifically was wrong with your m2?

The iDrive system crashed repeatedly (like every 3 minutes) when using navigation. Replacement of that (3 attempts) caused USB port to not work. Then steering issues (2 attempts, one visit with regional BMW engineer) resulted in new steering rack, loose lug bolts, disconnected "performance" exhaust valves, requiring another trip back.

That's all. It took about 8 months to get it all resolved, and then the car was fine.

O/P Congrats it all worked out at the end.

I've always taken a flashlight with me when taking delivery.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back