Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member - CT5-V Blackwing

MCC217

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Hey everyone!

Where to start…so, I’ve had my eye on a one owner, low mileage, manual CT5-V Blackwing for a few months. Inventory has been scant, and the models I was interested in were more than I was willing to spend.

Fast forward to last Monday AM. I see a used, one owner, manual, with 4,280 miles at a Chevy dealer in MD…listed for 10-12% less than similar '22s on CarGurus. I call the dealership and was told the car just came in on trade, no pics or other info were available and I’d get a call back when the salesman sorted it out.

I call him back a few hours later because I know this thing isn’t going to last and it’s just too good to be true. He tells me their phones were blowing up all morning with inquiries, and asked if I was ready to move. I triple confirmed the price, and offered to put a deposit down on the spot. He says that’s not necessary, and just asked for pics of my license, which I sent him. He sends me a signed agreement from his manager, and the ball gets rolling…or at least I thought.

The next morning it’s crickets. I text him a couple of times…nothing back. I’m starting to get worried that someone at the dealership finally caught on that there’s a unicorn on their lot, and how it was deeply underpriced - or they realized someone messed up on their end with the online listing, big time.

He texts me and says essentially that they’ve got people calling offering $XXk and more. I told him we had a deal, signed off by his manager. He hemmed and hawed, didn’t know really how to respond, and that he’d follow up…

I immediately called the GM, left a message, then received a callback a few minutes later. He was straight to the point. He said the car was listed in error before it arrived and that he’s got multiple offers after mine on it. I told him we had a signed deal; he told me he’s at $2k more - I paused for a second and said, “DEAL.” I wasn't going to let $2k get in the way, even though a deal was a deal. My only conclusion is they listed the vehicle originally for what they paid on the trade, and someone messed up royally with the listing.

The car arrived at my doorstep yesterday morning and this thing is an effing BEAST. She's black - not my first choice, though for the deal I got, it was an easy compromise. My original plan was to hold out for a '25, though it was becoming harder and harder to talk myself into it, as I suspect base MSRP on these will be pretty close to $100K - the build and price for a '24 with the options on this ons is almost $99k, including the gas guzzler tax.

The good: Holy smokes this thing is an ANIMAL - how is this even legal??? The interior is tight - everything seems solid…no gaps, rattles, scratches, etc.

The bad: As I was going over the car, I saw what I thought was sap on the driver's side C pillar. When I began trying to scrape it off with my finger, it turned out to be a paint bubble. Now there's a 1/2" x 1/8" spot where the paint peeled - I'm going to contact the Cadillac dealer near me and have that taken care of pronto. Also, I'd say the paint in general is a bit of a letdown…I was catching orange peel on a lot of angles in a lot of places. I plan on bringing that up as well with the dealer - I'm thinking a three-stage polish should correct it.

Other than that, the car was delivered as advertised. I spent a couple of hours talking to the service director at the dealership and he went over every detail with me. The little bit of parking rash under the front passenger side bumper was exactly as he described - that's the only flaw I can see, besides the paint issues.

It's still chilly here in upstate NY, though we'll see 60 degree weather this week…which is a good thing - these tires were like riding on hockey pucks when I first took it out (it was 38 degrees). It's also a good thing because it will allow me to get familiar and learn the dynamics, knowing full throttle isn't going to be a regular option for at least the next month.

I daily a GX 460, so the Blackwing will be for weekends - I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about this machine from everyone here.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image_123650291-2.JPG
    image_123650291-2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • image_123650291.JPG
    image_123650291.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Well done. Congratulations. The dealer should make the paint good. If not, there are quality paint shops that can. They could even do a 2 tone. THAT would make it one of a kind. Enjoy.

Nothing im a part of we attend a few car shows each year, this spring my wife is helping put one on for benefit event for tech valley highschool at Adirondack basement systems Sunday, April 28 nine till noon at 80 Sheehan St.,, Mechanicville, NY i will be there with a couple of my cars but mostly helping out with the event, raffles and things, would love to see a blackwing there!

Nothing im a part of we attend a few car shows each year, this spring my wife is helping put one on for benefit event for tech valley highschool at Adirondack basement systems Sunday, April 28 nine till noon at 80 Sheehan St.,, Mechanicville, NY i will be there with a couple of my cars but mostly helping out with the event, raffles and things, would love to see a blackwing there!
That's cool, I'll definitely keep that in mind! Little League season is right around the corner, so my schedule is still up in the air.

Hey everyone!

Where to start…so, I’ve had my eye on a one owner, low mileage, manual CT5-V Blackwing for a few months. Inventory has been scant, and the models I was interested in were more than I was willing to spend.

Fast forward to last Monday AM. I see a used, one owner, manual, with 4,280 miles at a Chevy dealer in MD…listed for 10-12% less than similar '22s on CarGurus. I call the dealership and was told the car just came in on trade, no pics or other info were available and I’d get a call back when the salesman sorted it out.

I call him back a few hours later because I know this thing isn’t going to last and it’s just too good to be true. He tells me their phones were blowing up all morning with inquiries, and asked if I was ready to move. I triple confirmed the price, and offered to put a deposit down on the spot. He says that’s not necessary, and just asked for pics of my license, which I sent him. He sends me a signed agreement from his manager, and the ball gets rolling…or at least I thought.

The next morning it’s crickets. I text him a couple of times…nothing back. I’m starting to get worried that someone at the dealership finally caught on that there’s a unicorn on their lot, and how it was deeply underpriced - or they realized someone messed up on their end with the online listing, big time.

He texts me and says essentially that they’ve got people calling offering $XXk and more. I told him we had a deal, signed off by his manager. He hemmed and hawed, didn’t know really how to respond, and that he’d follow up…

I immediately called the GM, left a message, then received a callback a few minutes later. He was straight to the point. He said the car was listed in error before it arrived and that he’s got multiple offers after mine on it. I told him we had a signed deal; he told me he’s at $2k more - I paused for a second and said, “DEAL.” I wasn't going to let $2k get in the way, even though a deal was a deal. My only conclusion is they listed the vehicle originally for what they paid on the trade, and someone messed up royally with the listing.

The car arrived at my doorstep yesterday morning and this thing is an effing BEAST. She's black - not my first choice, though for the deal I got, it was an easy compromise. My original plan was to hold out for a '25, though it was becoming harder and harder to talk myself into it, as I suspect base MSRP on these will be pretty close to $100K - the build and price for a '24 with the options on this ons is almost $99k, including the gas guzzler tax.

The good: Holy smokes this thing is an ANIMAL - how is this even legal??? The interior is tight - everything seems solid…no gaps, rattles, scratches, etc.

The bad: As I was going over the car, I saw what I thought was sap on the driver's side C pillar. When I began trying to scrape it off with my finger, it turned out to be a paint bubble. Now there's a 1/2" x 1/8" spot where the paint peeled - I'm going to contact the Cadillac dealer near me and have that taken care of pronto. Also, I'd say the paint in general is a bit of a letdown…I was catching orange peel on a lot of angles in a lot of places. I plan on bringing that up as well with the dealer - I'm thinking a three-stage polish should correct it.

Other than that, the car was delivered as advertised. I spent a couple of hours talking to the service director at the dealership and he went over every detail with me. The little bit of parking rash under the front passenger side bumper was exactly as he described - that's the only flaw I can see, besides the paint issues.

It's still chilly here in upstate NY, though we'll see 60 degree weather this week…which is a good thing - these tires were like riding on hockey pucks when I first took it out (it was 38 degrees). It's also a good thing because it will allow me to get familiar and learn the dynamics, knowing full throttle isn't going to be a regular option for at least the next month.

I daily a GX 460, so the Blackwing will be for weekends - I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about this machine from everyone here.

Cheers!
Welcome! My '24 was delivered this week. What dealership did you deal with? I also live in the Capital District.

Damn...I'm working that day or I'd swing by.

Lots of detailing supplies being raffled off along with several other things, will be 🏆 awarded also.

Welcome! My '24 was delivered this week. What dealership did you deal with? I also live in the Capital District.
Nice, congrats as well! I found mine at Ourisman Chevrolet in Rockville, MD. The initial in service date was 9/30/2022, purchased at Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, MD.

Who did you work with? I still haven’t seen a 4BW or 5BW in the wild up here. Closest was a 5V!

Oh wow. I worked with Steve Le Mon. There's a 5V here in town, and I swear I saw a black Blackwing up in Clifton Park on the way to the ice rink. It was a quick look, but it had the bronze rims.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back