Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I have officially bailed on my new Blackwing.....

And all of these things also went into my decision to bail out. This is the first car purchase that plain and simply took so long that I finally lost all of my enthusiasm for, I had a big Woody at first.... but could only keep it up for so long......Then I started to hear about all the black paint problems from 1StunnaV, unpainted hood edges (no way I could deal with repainting the hood on my new $100K car!), mismatched body panels etc, I knew to bail was the right thing for me to do. Now I see still that not many are being delivered here on the East coast. I have not second guessed my decision to bow out of my purchase once. Not judging anybody else's decision here.

I hear you. These are enthusiast cars and we all have a different way of justifying them. While I love the 5BW, my issue with it is that I am coming from a ZL1 with the same powertrain and that car cost me $67k MSRP. I just can't justify $30k more + ADM for a 4-door version of the same car. Sure, it is more luxurious, a more usable all around performance sedan but for me it is still a toy so those things are just nice to haves. In my mind, the 5BW is only worth about $5-10k more than a ZL1.

I have an issue with the Corvette as well. I love the cars but when they start costing $80k-$160k (Z06) I don't feel you should have to pull into the same Chevy service center and same technician as someone getting a starter replaced on their Chevy Spark. IMO, Corvette should break off as separate brand with its own service centers and trained techs.

For all of you who bailed on your vehicles, for any of a myriad of reasons, the new owners are thanking you in advance!
Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

For all of you who bailed on your vehicles, for any of a myriad of reasons, the new owners are thanking you in advance!
Your welcome. I know somebody will enjoy it. Unfortunately the new owner of my Blackwing is still well over a month out for his/her new 22' car......While 23's are being delivered daily. Hard for me to justify purchasing anything from GM for a while.

I have an issue with the Corvette as well. ... I don't feel you should have to pull into the same Chevy service center and same technician as someone getting a starter replaced on their Chevy Spark. IMO, Corvette should break off as separate brand with its own service centers and trained techs.

Per a friend in the auto industry in Europe, this is one of the reasons the Vette doesn't sell well over there.

For years in Europe, Chevrolet Europe sold cheap re-badged Daewoos and stuff. They had cheesy reputation. In that context, trying to market a model that they claimed was a Porsche competitor was just a really hard sell.

I remember seeing a dealership over there, and the logo up on their sign didn't even say "Chevrolet". It said "Chevy", in a script that was only a little better than Comic Sans (I tried to find an example online, but my Google-Fu is failing me). Absolutely ridiculous compared to the Porsche crest or the Ferrari Prancing Horse.

And its engine possibly went almost 5 months without being turned over. That's not a good way to treat a car.
FWIW, my Z06 sits from October through March/April without being started. As long as maintenance is done, I don't see an issue. On the other hand, I keep it covered despite already being stored in a garage. :)

FWIW, my Z06 sits from October through March/April without being started.

Thanks for this. It helps me deal with my situation.

I have car stuff that was imprinted on me in the 1980s that I'll never shake. Like the fact that cars did not always just start right up when you turned the key. About 15 years ago I rented a car that had Stop-Start technology, and I had 3 seconds of panic every time the engine shut off in traffic. I finally figured out something I could do that tricked it into staying on.

The fact that we have 6-year powertrain warranties also makes me feel a bit better. If figure that's enough time to find any problems that might have come from sitting...

I just really want my car.

Thanks for this. It helps me deal with my situation.

I have car stuff that was imprinted on me in the 1980s that I'll never shake. Like the fact that cars did not always just start right up when you turned the key. About 15 years ago I rented a car that had Stop-Start technology, and I had 3 seconds of panic every time the engine shut off in traffic. I finally figured out something I could do that tricked it into staying on.

The fact that we have 6-year powertrain warranties also makes me feel a bit better. If figure that's enough time to find any problems that might have come from sitting...

I just really want my car.

Speaking of Start-Stop technology... That has to be one of the most annoying features I ever experienced on a vehicle. It is even annoying listening to other vehicles do it at a stop light. I used to think skip shift and AFM V4 mode were bad but Start/Stop is too much for me to handle. They ruin the vehicles so much with this garbage you have to defeat it with a fuse pull, solenoid, tune, etc. With the chip shortage I recall seeing all the window stickers of the Chevy Silverados with a $50 credit since it was missing AFM and Stop-Start. I think folks would have paid to have those features disabled.

My mother's 2017 CTS has the start-stop crap. At least caddy gives you a button you can press to turn it off, unlike some chevys. Just annoying you have to do it everytime you drive. The aftermarket defeat options are useless. A few months ago she drove to my house and said her car died at a light on the way. Keep in mind she has had the car a few years now but still didn't realize it was just the start stop working. Oh well, she's just getting old. And I'm getting closer to getting a 18k mile awd CTS daily driver.

Speaking of Start-Stop technology... That has to be one of the most annoying features I ever experienced on a vehicle. It is even annoying listening to other vehicles do it at a stop light. I used to think skip shift and AFM V4 mode were bad but Start/Stop is too much for me to handle. They ruin the vehicles so much with this garbage you have to defeat it with a fuse pull, solenoid, tune, etc. With the chip shortage I recall seeing all the window stickers of the Chevy Silverados with a $50 credit since it was missing AFM and Stop-Start. I think folks would have paid to have those features disabled.
Lol I heard it on another car the other day and it annoyed me too. My wife’s lease is about to mature in a few months so she’s gonna need a new car soon. Her only requirement is that the start/stop can be permanently disabled. I said it looks like you’re getting an M car! 😝

Lol I heard it on another car the other day and it annoyed me too. My wife’s lease is about to mature in a few months so she’s gonna need a new car soon. Her only requirement is that the start/stop can be permanently disabled. I said it looks like you’re getting an M car! 😝
I loved that on my M4. Disable once, and it stays disabled. BMW does build a great machine.

I loved that on my M4. Disable once, and it stays disabled. BMW does build a great machine.
I had it on my 535i too. I had no issues with it either. If I was inching in traffic it would turn off automatically until I started moving again. Then I would just push in the clutch before the light changed to restart the engine and I’d be good to go.

This tread has gone completely off topic. 😑

Agree on not liking the ASS feature, and agree that *not* getting that plus getting a credit is a win/win! Forgive me for another #savethemanuals post...

A benefit of a manual is that the ASS "feature" is somewhat less objectionable. Because it only shuts off the engine when you put the car in neutral and take your foot off of the clutch pedal. Normal driving, waiting at a relatively short light with the clutch pressed, the car keeps running, so you experience the ASS feature a lot less. One could even argue that it's not so bad to shut off the engine if you're sitting so long that you put the car in neutral. At the very least it's less objectionable.

And it restarts when you press the clutch again, which you probably do a few seconds before you're ready to roll. It's earlier than you get in an automatic where you take your foot off the brake and want to roll very quickly after that.

VEE trumps ASS. V mode overrides the auto start/stop on my 5V 3.0 TT. :)

Unless you soaked up a perfectly usable allocation and ordered a sissy stick you're now dropping on the open market- Then those of us who's orders have been ignored by GM for over 18 months would like to let you know that you've ruined my life.

This thread makes me sad. Locking cars away like some weird investment vehicle instead of driving them makes me sad. Flipping cars and screwing over the real enthusiasts makes me sad.

I jumped back on here to see if there was any useful new info. Probably time to stop letting GM cuckhold me, admit defeat and just buy a Kia Rondo.

Unless you soaked up a perfectly usable allocation and ordered a sissy stick you're now dropping on the open market- Then those of us who's orders have been ignored by GM for over 18 months would like to let you know that you've ruined my life.

This thread makes me sad. Locking cars away like some weird investment vehicle instead of driving them makes me sad. Flipping cars and screwing over the real enthusiasts makes me sad.

I jumped back on here to see if there was any useful new info. Probably time to stop letting GM cuckhold me, admit defeat and just buy a Kia Rondo.

2007 Kia Rondo incoming... ;)

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 12.14.35 PM.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop