Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I drove the BW to Der Dutchman last Saturday to get a box of donuts. Not far for me. I'm just SW of Delaware.

I have a feeling we're eventually going to meet one day at either C&C or Der Dutchman. Or Heels and Wheels. Depends on how you roll. :D
I usually hit Cars & Coffee several times a year. Two such events this year will be held at Meyer Shank Racing in Pataskala and the other at Estoteric Fine Detailing in New Albany. Not sure of the dates yet. Another last summer was in downtown Columbus, in the arena district. There seems to be one every week in or around Columbus. My grandson and I will also hit several local car shows each year. I prefer the C&C events as I'm not into the primping of cars shows. I just like to park and browse.

BTW........are you speaking of the Der Dutchman in Plain City?

I usually hit Cars & Coffee several times a year. Two such events this year will be held at Meyer Shank Racing in Pataskala and the other at Estoteric Fine Detailing in New Albany. Not sure of the dates yet. Another last summer was in downtown Columbus, in the arena district. There seems to be one every week in or around Columbus. My grandson and I will also hit several local car shows each year. I prefer the C&C events as I'm not into the primping of cars shows. I just like to park and browse.

BTW........are you speaking of the Der Dutchman in Plain City?

Ha! I was all of those shows last year in a different car. I use Esoteric any time I get something wrapped. Big fan.

We go to the Plain City Der Dutchman show a lot just because it's close and Wayne is a great guy. I'm not a big primper either, I just use car shows as an excuse to go for a cruise. Let me know next time you're headed out to a C&C or something and I'll swing through and give you a high five for your excellent taste in cars. :D

As for dates; IDK if you know Kim Hawksworth but his site is a great repository for anything car related going on;

www.carshowtalk.com

Ha! I was all of those shows last year in a different car. I use Esoteric any time I get something wrapped. Big fan.

We go to the Plain City Der Dutchman show a lot just because it's close and Wayne is a great guy. I'm not a big primper either, I just use car shows as an excuse to go for a cruise. Let me know next time you're headed out to a C&C or something and I'll swing through and give you a high five for your excellent taste in cars. :D

As for dates; IDK if you know Kim Hawksworth but his site is a great repository for anything car related going on;

www.carshowtalk.com
Just bookmarked your post as a reminder to myself. Now if I just remember to check it. Maybe we'll run into each other at one of the events. My 5BW is Summit White and if my memory serves me right, you just acquired the 22 Blaze Orange 5BW. What was GM thinking when they discontinued that color. Love it!

Ceramic coating inside and out, TapOut splitter, canards and spoiler installed, tint, black emblems all around and a little smoke. Insane how different the Midnight Steel Metallic looks in different lighting.
first day after ceramic 2.jpg

Rear post cc.jpg

Ceramic coating inside and out, TapOut splitter, canards and spoiler installed, tint, black emblems all around and a little smoke. Insane how different the Midnight Steel Metallic looks in different lighting.View attachment 24871
View attachment 24872

Looks so good! I loved that color.

Hows the fitment on the front lip and rear spoiler? Those will be some of my first mods. I would love the canards, but I am in sales and I think that "racey" look may be overboard when I see people. Trying to keep a sleeper look as much as i can.

The carbon rear spoiler kinda kills that sleeper concept.

Looks so good! I loved that color.

Hows the fitment on the front lip and rear spoiler? Those will be some of my first mods. I would love the canards, but I am in sales and I think that "racey" look may be overboard when I see people. Trying to keep a sleeper look as much as i can.
Thank you! Spoiler fitment is excellent. Front splitter is close enough, but not perfect. I think the canards are the absolute most you can do without getting into boy racer territory. I hear you though, your prospects may disagree.

The carbon rear spoiler kinda kills that sleeper concept.
Agreed. I took some quick in between pics just for fun to see what a spoiler and badge delete would look like. I don't hate it if you're looking for more of a sleeper:

Before CC1.jpg

Before CC9.jpg

Where did you get your badges? Looks like a mix of 404 Parts and OFX2GV?
Keen eye. 404 Parts all around, except for the front emblem. My guy said that down here in FL, the 404 plastic badge would fade pretty quick, so he upsold me on taking off the existing one and painting and clear coating it. That being said, I do have an extra front badge from 404 if you're interested.
Black front emblem.jpg

I also wanted the lettering to stand out, so I grabbed some Testors and got to work:
Badge before.jpg

Badge after.jpg

Keen eye. 404 Parts all around, except for the front emblem. My guy said that down here in FL, the 404 plastic badge would fade pretty quick, so he upsold me on taking off the existing one and painting and clear coating it. That being said, I do have an extra front badge from 404 if you're interested.
View attachment 24898
I also wanted the lettering to stand out, so I grabbed some Testors and got to work:
View attachment 24899

View attachment 24900
Nice work all around. Did you use something like this to fill in the Blackwing lettering, or do you just have a surgeon's steady hands?

So you were able to remove and reuse the same front badge? If so, I'm interested in any tips you can provide.

For the front badge, I thought 404 did a thorough prep and paint? At least, their ad says "Each emblem starts off by being professionally dismantled, prepped, and etched. Once prepared they are sprayed with an epoxy sealer/primer. They are then finished off with OEM quality base and clear coats."

Had my Apex Bronze wheels put on a few days ago. Today they are coming off and I'm putting the stock with the snows back on....heading to Vermont next week and they just got 15" of snow where we're going....also getting both sets of wheels ceramic coated today...

Attachments

• 20240321_124146.jpg
    20240321_124146.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20240322_113154.jpg
    20240322_113154.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
A few more pics

Attachments

• 20240322_132656.jpg
    20240322_132656.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20240321_114640.jpg
    20240321_114640.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
Had my Apex Bronze wheels put on a few days ago. Today they are coming off and I'm putting the stock with the snows back on....heading to Vermont next week and they just got 15" of snow where we're going....also getting both sets of wheels ceramic coated today...
Looks good! You went OEM sizing, correct? Any spacers needed? I went with those as well but Anthracite color. Just waiting for it to warm up and will throw the summer tires on them and install them.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back