Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 4BW

First a disclaimer. I am not an attorney and my posting is NOT legal advice.

To begin with, you should be aware that there are at least TWO separate items that run at the same time when you purchase a new vehicle. State-based "New Car Lemon" laws and the Federal MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY act. There might also be state unfair trade practices issues that might be involved in your specific case.

I have previously successfully received Federal MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT compensation, as in $$$ in hand, for a "problem child" Mercedes GL450 that I purchase as a used vehicle. But when I purchased it was still covered for about 1 year under the manufacturer's bumper-to-bumper warranty. In my case since I did not purchase the vehicle new, the Lemon Car was not in effect. I believe that "buy back" lemon laws are all State based. At least in PA, there are two ways that they kick in. Same repair three times or if the car is "out of service for repair" for a long period of time. Repair time is cumulative time across multiple repairs. I think that this is the same criteria for the Federal Warranty Act,

The first year of ownership is KEY in getting a lemon-law buyback. I would RUN, not walk to a leading "Car Lemon Law" firm. Your vehicle trade-in potential is greatly diminishing with all those repair orders. It seems that the vehicle you purchased is a true "lemon", in that there have been multiple problems.

YOU MUST GET A COPY OF ALL YOUR REPAIRS ORDERS.

When you go in for service, insist that EACH item/problem is individually entered on the service ticket and the service request be specific. At this point, a smart person might take in the car for each additional item individually, so that it "racks up" "out of service for repair" time at the dealer. Once you it 30 days for repair, that might be the magic number.

Sorry, not to be a Debbie downer but ... this process is going to suck for you. It is going to take a lot of time and at best all you get is to get a buyback. And when you buy another vehicle, no matter what it is, it's going to be more expensive than last year and the interest rates went way up. There is likely to be no gain for all your effort. But your goal at this point should be to not get stuck with an expensive car that you will then hate! You have made a major $$$ investment that you need to protect. Once that year is up, you can still settle for some cash, but based on the history you have presented you need to get out now.

I hate that this has happened to you, but problems do happen to all manufacturers. I have had the opposite experience with my CT4V-BW. It has been all good except for the high maintenance cost of running hard on the track.

Best of luck.

Picked up car. Small scuff on shroud after replacing the cluster. And I’m convinced the shroud is not as tight anymore. Ordering me a new one. But . . . wait for it …. new cluster throws a code within the hour. Got 24 days in the shop and likely this is not just a cluster issue. Dear Mary . . . I’d like to tell about a great car … that’s a lemon.

No Wave Blue for 2024. Not sure what color to get. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_8503.jpeg
    IMG_8503.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 50
Update: Car was at the dealer for 13 days to replace the trunk liner. They didn’t order the parts for a week. The lack of communication at this dealership’s service department is beyond bad both as between the service team members and with me. I had to get the general manager involved to get things moving.

Trunk liner wasn’t even properly installed - various components were not seated properly as a result not being installed in the right order. I fixed myself.

Also, when I diagnosed the leak problem I found a bolt and clip under the floor tray (styrofoam tray holding the fixaflat). Pic below, in which you can also see water from the leak. Anyone have an idea where they are from? I’m worried that when they replaced the tail lights they dropped these and just left them there. Service department has yet to answer my question on this. Also found a second one of the tiny clips when I got the car back yesterday after the entire car liner was replaced.

Lastly, since my instrument cluster had thrown two service me codes I asked them - if they had the instrument cluster that they previously ordered to - to replace it while it was there. They sent that one back and had to reorder it and wanted to keep it yet another day. I told them no thanks. I’ll take it back. Picked up my car and turned out they partially disassemble the dash and threw it back together and forgot two bolts!!! Found them in the cup holder and the dash shroud is clearly loose. See pic.

I am meeting in person with the general manger, his boss, service manager and mid Atlantic Cadillac rep on Thursday. I demand satisfaction. I will be asking for a new car. If any other thoughts or suggestions from this group it would be hugely appreciated.
I was told the two bolts were not from my dash. But they had definitely had it apart and they fell from a magnetic parts tray the tech was using. Huh?

Sorry to hear about your frustrations @lantz - I purchased my BW from Cadillac of Turnersville. Had a minor issue with the finish of the trunk; just needed some seam sealer and paint. They fixed it quick and efficiently. The service department at Turnersville is > than Holman IMO.

I am local to Holman and got my first oil change done there a few weeks ago. They chipped my black lug nuts on each wheel during the tire rotation. Needless to say, I have a lack of confidence with Holman service department moving forward.

Best of luck with your situation. At least their incompetence is making your lemon law case stronger.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations @lantz - I purchased my BW from Cadillac of Turnersville. Had a minor issue with the finish of the trunk; just needed some seam sealer and paint. They fixed it quick and efficiently. The service department at Turnersville is > than Holman IMO.

I am local to Holman and got my first oil change done there a few weeks ago. They chipped my black lug nuts on each wheel during the tire rotation. Needless to say, I have a lack of confidence with Holman service department moving forward.

Best of luck with your situation. At least their incompetence is making your lemon law case stronger.

Oh man, Holman seemed a step above Tville just in terms of presence and staff. Did they at least correct the issue for you?

Oh man, Holman seemed a step above Tville just in terms of presence and staff. Did they at least correct the issue for you?
I agree with you on the appearance of Holman. But they damaged my vehicle the first time they touched it.

Tville had my car 3 times (including PDI) and had no damage. Maybe the shared garage with their Chevrolet store diminishes the value of the Tville service experience.

I did not even bother to share my findings with Holman. It was minor chips and not worth any more time or added aggravation.

I think I will give Holman another try. I use their BMW dealership for my mother’s X3 and their service is top notch.

I agree with you on the appearance of Holman. But they damaged my vehicle the first time they touched it.

Tville had my car 3 times (including PDI) and had no damage. Maybe the shared garage with their Chevrolet store diminishes the value of the Tville service experience.

I did not even bother to share my findings with Holman. It was minor chips and not worth any more time or added aggravation.

I think I will give Holman another try. I use their BMW dealership for my mother’s X3 and their service is top notch.
I agree that Holman BMW is top notch. I bought my 2017 M2 from them and had it serviced there and had nothing but great sales and repair service. That experience is what lead me to believe Holman's Cadillac store would be the same.

I agree that Holman BMW is top notch. I bought my 2017 M2 from them and had it serviced there and had nothing but great sales and repair service. That experience is what lead me to believe Holman's Cadillac store would be the same.
I missed a critical post, hadn't noticed this was all at Holman for you as well. Will stay tuned and hope you find a resolution

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back