Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Cross shop C8 Corvette?

Cadillac CT4-V model
I've been a long time Z06 fan, have had C5-C7 Z06s. The news that the C8 would no longer have a manual trans killed my interest in Corvettes, then I saw the back end, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I don't understand how the designers could create a car with very exotic styling from the front, and even side, but totally botched the back end. It looks just,,, damn ugly. Been on the prowl for a 4 or 5 BW lately, to complement my other fun car.
I couldn't agree more!

I've been a long time Z06 fan, have had C5-C7 Z06s. The news that the C8 would no longer have a manual trans killed my interest in Corvettes, then I saw the back end, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I don't understand how the designers could create a car with very exotic styling from the front, and even side, but totally botched the back end. It looks just,,, damn ugly. Been on the prowl for a 4 or 5 BW lately, to complement my other fun car.
Agree...and such a shame as it otherwise seems to be truly a great car. Many folks don't want a manual - and thats their prerogative and its totally OK...but for those of us who do...well deal breaker for sure...

Manual plus 4 doors swung it towards the blackwing for me.

Also figured I’ll eventually wind up owning a corvette at some point. Preferably a z06.

Like so many here, the C8 never made it onto my "gotta get me one of those" list because of the missing pedal. I do, however, recognize that the Corvette is and remains the best bang-for-the-buck performance cars available. Which is why I bought a slightly used C6.

The upside of Corvettes is that so many people buy them as a toy, and then (often because they are uncomfortable, difficult to get in and out of, impractical and a bit flashy) just don't drive them. So it's very possible to find a used one with low miles. I'm all about the low miles, I don't like worn interiors and beat up mechanicals. I found my 2008 late last year with only 6500 miles on it.

smaller DSC_6392.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners