Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Cross shop C8 Corvette?

Cadillac CT4-V model
I've been a long time Z06 fan, have had C5-C7 Z06s. The news that the C8 would no longer have a manual trans killed my interest in Corvettes, then I saw the back end, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I don't understand how the designers could create a car with very exotic styling from the front, and even side, but totally botched the back end. It looks just,,, damn ugly. Been on the prowl for a 4 or 5 BW lately, to complement my other fun car.
I couldn't agree more!

I've been a long time Z06 fan, have had C5-C7 Z06s. The news that the C8 would no longer have a manual trans killed my interest in Corvettes, then I saw the back end, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I don't understand how the designers could create a car with very exotic styling from the front, and even side, but totally botched the back end. It looks just,,, damn ugly. Been on the prowl for a 4 or 5 BW lately, to complement my other fun car.
Agree...and such a shame as it otherwise seems to be truly a great car. Many folks don't want a manual - and thats their prerogative and its totally OK...but for those of us who do...well deal breaker for sure...

Manual plus 4 doors swung it towards the blackwing for me.

Also figured I’ll eventually wind up owning a corvette at some point. Preferably a z06.

Like so many here, the C8 never made it onto my "gotta get me one of those" list because of the missing pedal. I do, however, recognize that the Corvette is and remains the best bang-for-the-buck performance cars available. Which is why I bought a slightly used C6.

The upside of Corvettes is that so many people buy them as a toy, and then (often because they are uncomfortable, difficult to get in and out of, impractical and a bit flashy) just don't drive them. So it's very possible to find a used one with low miles. I'm all about the low miles, I don't like worn interiors and beat up mechanicals. I found my 2008 late last year with only 6500 miles on it.

smaller DSC_6392.jpg

I have a c8 z06 and are looking to get into a 5bw, mainly for practicality reason, but the 6mt is also a huge factor. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that 6mt is more important than an exciting engine (the lt6 is truly a masterpiece) when it comes to driving enjoyment, if you can only pick one.
providing a quick update. I ended up trading in the c8 z06 for a fairly basic 6mt 4bw plus some $ back. so far very happy with the 4bw.

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

Last edited:
Test drove a c8 z51 while waiting for a carmax appraisal and was underwhelmed.

Surprisingly my biggest issue was lack of drama from the v8. It’s not that loud inside even in track mode and at low or medium speeds I couldn’t hear it at all. The steering is absolutely numb. Like much worse than the blackwing.

Sadly that means no c8 for me. Maybe a z06 at some point.

Surprisingly my biggest issue was lack of drama from the v8. It’s not that loud inside even in track mode and at low or medium speeds I couldn’t hear it at all. The steering is absolutely numb. Like much worse than the blackwing.

Sadly that means no c8 for me. Maybe a z06 at some point.
I have very few complaints about the Z06, but agree, the steering feel still isn’t the greatest, not bad, but it’s better in the 4V BW.

Sadly that means no c8 for me. Maybe a z06 at some

Not sure about the C6, but even the C7 felt very numb and the V8 was so soulless

I've wanted a C8 ever since they came out, so it was a tough pill to swallow for me to instead decide to get the CT4V BW, but the C8 makes zero sense for my family so putting my sports coupe dream off for awhile. I have a wife and 2 year old daughter, and they both love coming to car shows with me and fun rides, so it was an easy decision since if I bought a C8, neither one of them could come with me since if Im driving the C8, someone will have to be watching my daughter, and I can't bring just her for quite a few more years.

I guess the best news, though, is I'm going to have a 472HP manual lol. I know the rear seats are tight, but we tested the car seat out in one last December, so we know it'll work til she goes front-facing in a few months. Also, I'm in the airport flying out to Dallas in an hour to pick it up!

One thing I miss about my C7 was the sports car vibe of the car. The coupe status, the way the hood opened, the fact that the entire body was made of carbon fiber or whatever, the lightness of the car. When I get into my 4BW, I kind of get a fat, retired senior citizen type of vibe.

Get some loud gold chains and wear a baseball hat backwards. Add baggy pants for extra points.

I like a manual trans also but I'll take the C8 with its 8-sp auto. The C8 is a great cross-country car - comfortable, great mileage. The C8 has a lot of nannies but then so does the BWs. I don't have a BW and probably never will, but I do have a CTS V Wagon with a manual that I may never get rid of - too much fun.
I have a C6 427 convertible in the garage also - again, too much fun. My wife and I built a new house with a 4-car garage just so we could keep all of them.

I've wanted a C8 ever since they came out, so it was a tough pill to swallow for me to instead decide to get the CT4V BW, but the C8 makes zero sense for my family so putting my sports coupe dream off for awhile. I have a wife and 2 year old daughter, and they both love coming to car shows with me and fun rides, so it was an easy decision since if I bought a C8, neither one of them could come with me since if Im driving the C8, someone will have to be watching my daughter, and I can't bring just her for quite a few more years.

I guess the best news, though, is I'm going to have a 472HP manual lol. I know the rear seats are tight, but we tested the car seat out in one last December, so we know it'll work til she goes front-facing in a few months. Also, I'm in the airport flying out to Dallas in an hour to pick it up!
You’re gonna love it. And as someone who can get a c8 now instead of my ct4 blackwing, the blackwing is actually a better drive. ESP with the m6.

One thing I miss about my C7 was the sports car vibe of the car. The coupe status, the way the hood opened, the fact that the entire body was made of carbon fiber or whatever, the lightness of the car. When I get into my 4BW, I kind of get a fat, retired senior citizen type of vibe.
That is the branding problem Cadillac has. GM should create a performance division/brand just for enthusiasts.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back