Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Smart Driver and Privacy Concerns

I opted out in the settings for the Cadillac App. Now, every time I start the car , I will receive an annoying email saying that my "vehicle location setting has changed". No duh.......I'm the one that changed it. You need a password to do it on the App. Now they will keep sending me numerous emails until I get annoyed and turn it back on.
If I go out shopping and make 20 trips, I will get 20 emails.
That’s weird. I don’t think anyone else is seeing this behavior either.

I opted out in the settings for the Cadillac App. Now, every time I start the car , I will receive an annoying email saying that my "vehicle location setting has changed". No duh.......I'm the one that changed it. You need a password to do it on the App. Now they will keep sending me numerous emails until I get annoyed and turn it back on.
If I go out shopping and make 20 trips, I will get 20 emails.
Happened to me too. Had to follow the link in the email to opt out of the notifications.

Just saw I got another email when I was washing my car earlier today. I will click the link to put an end to this.

Attachments

• 20240421_222411.jpg
    20240421_222411.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 34
So, what did you guys say to LexisNexis for them to remove the data?

So, what did you guys say to LexisNexis for them to remove the data?
As far as I know, they won’t remove the data. You can request that they suppress the data from public entities but it will remain for governmental/commercial or “critical” requests. I went through this suppression process and that’s the gist of the letter they send after.

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpeg
    IMG_5530.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I know there's no shortage of press on this topic, but this article seemed to do the best job so far of outlining exactly how this happened for so many people during the sales process:

Since I got my car "used," I'm one of the lucky ones that GM can't associate with driving data, but I'm still very interested in un-OnStarring my entire car as much as possible.

I know there's no shortage of press on this topic, but this article seemed to do the best job so far of outlining exactly how this happened for so many people during the sales process:

Since I got my car "used," I'm one of the lucky ones that GM can't associate with driving data, but I'm still very interested in un-OnStarring my entire car as much as possible.
Yep that article makes sense, I just wish there was a way to scrub my information, I had track days show on there like I am a crazy driver who's reckless are careless. However 0 accidents in >10 years, and no speeding tickets in >10 years. Yet my insurance rate for this car and my Palisade is $3000/6 months. I'm 36 not 24.

As far as I know, they won’t remove the data. You can request that they suppress the data from public entities but it will remain for governmental/commercial or “critical” requests. I went through this suppression process and that’s the gist of the letter they send after.
What excuse did you use?

Documentation Required for Suppression Requests

Requests for suppression from restricted public records products must include documentation substantiating the risk of physical harm or the individual's status as an identity theft victim. LexisNexis reserves the right to determine, in its sole reasonable discretion, what documentation meets this criteria. If your suppression request is not approved we will promptly inform you about that determination.

• If you are a victim of identity theft, submit a copy of a police report documenting the identity theft or documentation that verifies the identity theft claim such as a letter from your credit card company, and an Identity Theft Affidavit; or
  • If you are a law enforcement officer or public official, submit a letter from your supervisor stating that your position exposes you to a threat of death or serious bodily harm; or
  • If you are at risk of physical harm but do not work in law enforcement, submit a copy of a court protective order, a copy of a police report or similar documentation such as a letter from a shelter administrator or a health care professional
I don't have any of the asked for data.

I collected my 4BW yesterday and declined OnStar. The salesman spend several minutes on the computer to record my opting out and assured me I was not registered with OnStar and would not be.

On the way home I was surprised to find that the Nav still worked. Is this normal, or is it an indication that I really am connected to OnStar?

Looks like GM cancelled the safe driver program.
'Detailed information on drivers’ habits and activity, including rapid accelerations and hard braking, were used to create a risk score for insurance companies to use as a factor in creating “more personalized insurance coverage,” LexisNexis spokesman Dean Carney told the Times.'

Spoken like a true PR person (.i.e., Bullshit).

Similar to others on here, there was telematics data with braking and/or acceleration numbers every single time that my car moved. Either I am a raging driver in denial on my 13 minute commute or the data acquisition criteria is set by that person that I get stuck behind in the mornings.

Nonetheless, I both opt'd out online and called 888-497-0011 to dispute the data. My dispute reason was that I was not made aware of the data collection and resale, and, that the name on the report does not match the driver. It is understood that the car is on the policy of the household, blah, blah, blah... yet the data is still presumptuous. It clearly states a person, place, and time, which are incorrect. The fine individual said that they will submit my dispute and that I'll get a letter in 30 days.

Looks like GM cancelled the safe driver program.

Better than nothing, I suppose, but as Warren Buffet says, "Predicting rain doesn't count, building arks does." Way too little, way too late.

Better than nothing, I suppose, but as Warren Buffet says, "Predicting rain doesn't count, building arks does." Way too little, way too late.
At least they heard and responded. I am sure they are trying to conjure up a way to replace it, though. ;)

The article says software will be removed from the vehicle. Will be interesting to see how long that takes for the over-the-air update.

I just got my latest State Farm bill for the next 6 months and it has gone up SUBSTANTIALLY. I have a feeling it's because of the brief time I was enrolled without my knowledge. This is such BS.

I just got my latest State Farm bill for the next 6 months and it has gone up SUBSTANTIALLY. I have a feeling it's because of the brief time I was enrolled without my knowledge. This is such BS.
There should be a mechanism for the consumer to find out if this information is/was used to formulate rates.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back