Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Would you recommend this as a "family Corvette"?

nelson

Hello forum members, long time lurker here. I've been wanting a Corvette for quite a while now after giving up my Mustang for a more practical vehicle many years ago, but with a now 6 month old I finally concluded that it just does not make sense... so I had started my search for a "family Corvette". Sadly not much inspired me out there as the M3 just didn't do it for me, the M5 was too expensive and is now going hybrid (same with the E63 wagon) and as we all know v8 sedans are pretty much on their way out. BTW the IS500 is extremely small inside - who knew.

Well last night I stumbled on a TikTok about the CT5-V Blackwing and made a realization that any loonie on the street can order one of these. I had thought they were allocation restricted like higher trim 911s and never even considered it.

So here I am wondering if I have finally found the golden ticket so to speak.

For those of you who own one of these what say you - car seats fit in the backseat? (is the interior the same as the regular CT5 so I can go check one out at a dealer?) How about a stroller in the trunk? Are you dailying or is this a weekend car? Basically curious to hear from any of you who might have an opinion on this topic. thanks in advance

I have a 20 month old with a massive rotating car seat, it fits just fine.
The interior is different on the blackwing than the regular CT5 (although the layout is generally the same).
Never had a problem putting a stroller in the trunk.
It's my daily!

EDIT: If you want I can take a picture of my interior with the carseat in it to show you what is left for space.

I have a 20 month old with a massive rotating car seat, it fits just fine.
The interior is different on the blackwing than the regular CT5 (although the layout is generally the same).
Never had a problem putting a stroller in the trunk.
It's my daily!

EDIT: If you want I can take a picture of my interior with the carseat in it to show you what is left for space.
I'll owe you a beer for sure! Would be super helpful. Currently we are in an infant seat, rear facing.

About 8 months ago I looked at a C7 ZO6 as an upgrade to my 2016 CTSV. Prior to that car, I had a 2009 C6 Corvette. After driving and sitting in the C7, I decided quickly to upgrade the CTSV to a CT5-V Blackwing. 4 doors, back seat, roomy seat area for passenger, similar power, cadillac comfort... I am currently waiting to order my exact CT5V-Blackwing, but purchased a CT4-V Blackwing last August for use until I get the 5. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you should be able to find a dealer that has a 5V Blackwing in stock to look at. There are over 250 of them listed on the Cadillac.com website right now.
Plenty of room for carseats, golf clubs/stroller in trunk. I use my 4 and future 5 as a fun/weekend car, but could easily drive it as a DD here in WI outside of winter/road salt season.

I'll owe you a beer for sure! Would be super helpful. Currently we are in an infant seat, rear facing.
No problem I'll get it done in a couple hours. We have one of the evenflow revolve360s that will do rear or forward facing up to like 70lbs or something. It might be the biggest damn carseat on the planet, and it fits just fine.

Looks like this (not my photo):
x02qumB.png

Coming from a C7 stingray, they do not feel similar at all. The Corvette was lighter and felt more like a sports car, while the 4BW feels heavier and doesn't really feel alive unless you start flogging it. I would imagine the 5BW feels even heavier.

Hello forum members, long time lurker here. I've been wanting a Corvette for quite a while now after giving up my Mustang for a more practical vehicle many years ago, but with a now 6 month old I finally concluded that it just does not make sense... so I had started my search for a "family Corvette". Sadly not much inspired me out there as the M3 just didn't do it for me, the M5 was too expensive and is now going hybrid (same with the E63 wagon) and as we all know v8 sedans are pretty much on their way out. BTW the IS500 is extremely small inside - who knew.

Well last night I stumbled on a TikTok about the CT5-V Blackwing and made a realization that any loonie on the street can order one of these. I had thought they were allocation restricted like higher trim 911s and never even considered it.

So here I am wondering if I have finally found the golden ticket so to speak.

For those of you who own one of these what say you - car seats fit in the backseat? (is the interior the same as the regular CT5 so I can go check one out at a dealer?) How about a stroller in the trunk? Are you dailying or is this a weekend car? Basically curious to hear from any of you who might have an opinion on this topic. thanks in advance

E) All of the above! 🤩

Coming from a C7 stingray, they do not feel similar at all. The Corvette was lighter and felt more like a sports car, while the 4BW feels heavier and doesn't really feel alive unless you start flogging it. I would imagine the 5BW feels even heavier.

38e528a4-3111-456e-9c53-2e0ac2d4075c_text.gif

Is it 5 or nothing for you? I'm in the 4. With a rear facer it leaves more front passenger space than my wifes SQ5. I had a charger before and similarly don't find im down on space.

Attachments

• PXL_20240223_213302081.jpg
    PXL_20240223_213302081.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20240223_213309067.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240223_213309067.MP.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 76
Daily driver here. Bought mine specifically because we had our first child and literally couldn’t get a backwards facing seat in my Camaro. Figured why own something I drive twice a month so here I am with a blackwing instead. Son is just over 2 now and loves “daddy’s fast car”. Only issue I ever had was my son has been like 99 percentile across the board and it got difficult to squeeze him into the backward facing seat for a few months before he was ready to switch to forward facing.

The 5BW is my DD, I had 2 graco full size car seats in mine at one point now I have a full size britax Frontier booster. I think a 4 would be a little tight IMO but it’s doable. The space is there in the 4 but it’s much less leg room and shoulder room. The 5 is the perfect size sedan without it being a boat. You can see from the photos how much leg room there is on the front passenger side with the placement of the rear seats.

I have covers over the back of the front and covers over the rear seats as well as tux mats which cover all of the carpeting.
IMG_2582.jpeg
IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2585.png

Last edited:
Is it 5 or nothing for you? I'm in the 4. With a rear facer it leaves more front passenger space than my wifes SQ5. I had a charger before and similarly don't find im down on space.
You should look into some covers for the back of the suede seats when you go forward facing. My kids love to scrape the dirt off their shoes on the back seat. I thought I didn’t need them for my wife’s car but it ended up looking pretty bad so I bought an extra set.

You should look into some covers for the back of the suede seats when you go forward facing. My kids love to scrape the dirt off their shoes on the back seat. I thought I didn’t need them for my wife’s car but it ended up looking pretty bad so I bought an extra set.

Good find thank you! I didn't even think of that, and my son will be going forward facing soon

I’ve owned 4 generations of Z06’s and I would definitely call my 5 BW a 4 door Z06/ZL1. I love this car, could easily daily if you wanted.

Thankfully my kids were old enough to be out of the car seats when I got my 5th gen Camaro. 4DR VETT was my license plate. Unfortunately, at the time, Texas did not allow enough space for both Ts or the space, so people thought I was a veterinarian.

FMLY VETT would have been a great plate for the 5 BW, but again, too many letters.

When you need one car to do everything - you can't beat the Blackwing.

I love @Throat Yogurt 's description the best though. :)

+1 for 5BW and dual car seats. I have one forward facing and one rear facing. My only gripe is that my older daughter, 3 yo, likes to kick the back of my seat. We were able to fit them and all of their Xmas gifts from the grandparents this past December. Stroller fits as well when you don’t have a dollhouse or two in the trunk.

I had a RS6 wagon before the 5BW and I’m so happy to have a stick again in a powerful car. The trunk is fairly big in the 5BW and can get you around town with the family no problem. We have a Yukon XL for road trips and I drive a Taco for carrying junk or bad weather. If you’re doing to daily year round get some winters if you’re in a climate that even gets close to cold. I’ve had a few pucker moments at 40F and slightly wet which I now avoid by driving my Taco.

TL;dr get the 5BW

IMHO, the ONLY downside for this as a family vehicle is the lack of a spare tire. It's easily remedied by getting one of the spare tire kits from ModernSpare but it'll cut into your trunk space & then the ability to put a large stroller back there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back