Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Well, if it helps make a sale, dealers will do all kinds of things. Not saying it's true, but this other dealership says it's 4500 status or whatever, not sure how they looked it up only using the VIN. I don't know exactly how it works. Will have to see if I can get the order number.
Your selling dealer has the answers. Ask them to show you the status. My dealer sends me screenshot updates of my order so I know he isn't pulling my leg. The tracker here that Rob does is pulling from the same place as your dealer.

It is not uncommon for statuses to go up to 4200 then go back to 4B00 so this is most likely what occurred and why one dealer saw that the car had moved but the other did not.

The other dealer wants your business but it makes zero sense to back out of your built car to purchase their used one.

Welcome to the Rodeo.

Finally got to take some better pictures today. Sad to see it sitting outside but I guess it's no worse than the last four months it sat in Lansing. 😂
Dealer is going to flatbed it to my residence about twenty miles away as a courtesy on Monday.
Is it more silver than gray? I‘m still waiting on mine, dealer said it’s still in Lansing as of this past Saturday.

So all that bitching I was doing about my car being mired in the goat pen for four months wasn't without merit. My car is bought and paid for but it’s sitting outside in a secure lot at the dealership. One of my biggest concerns was how I was going to get it home on the summer tires if it was delivered in the winter months. Well according to the dealer there is so much ice in the lot (I actually witnessed it) that they can't get any traction to bring it inside to align and detail it. It's also sitting there with an empty gas tank. They did agree to trailer it to me but it's been there for over a week and passed two promised delivery dates. Salesman is off today so I don't know when I'm going to get the car. I feel like I'm in the goat pen all over again except this time the car actually belongs to me.
On another note, another member here had his car delivered on the same day and his car is sitting inside still wrapped. I'm not sure why he rates and I don't but so far I have tosay my dealings with Cadillac doesn't leave me feeling very "special"!

So all that bitching I was doing about my car being mired in the goat pen for four months wasn't without merit. My car is bought and paid for but it’s sitting outside in a secure lot at the dealership. One of my biggest concerns was how I was going to get it home on the summer tires if it was delivered in the winter months. Well according to the dealer there is so much ice in the lot (I actually witnessed it) that they can't get any traction to bring it inside to align and detail it. It's also sitting there with an empty gas tank. They did agree to trailer it to me but it's been there for over a week and passed two promised delivery dates. Salesman is off today so I don't know when I'm going to get the car. I feel like I'm in the goat pen all over again except this time the car actually belongs to me.
On another note, another member here had his car delivered on the same day and his car is sitting inside still wrapped. I'm not sure why he rates and I don't but so far I have tosay my dealings with Cadillac doesn't leave me feeling very "special"!
Man this sucks goat balls! It certainly seems you have not completely shaken off the goat dust from the pen, not until you are able to perform a high-speed run! It could only get better for you!

Promise all the bad feelings will go away with that first drive. This is arguably a small delay in the larger scheme of things. She's there, you've got eyes on. Looking at the snow you can't even drive it yet but you'll get it soon enough. Sounds like your dealer cares but they're hamstrung by the weather.

Keep your chin up Argent! Seriously, any anxiety or stress from the wait just dissipates once you get in and start punching your settings in. You're almost there! Slow is steady, steady is fast.

Man this sucks goat balls! It certainly seems you have not completely shaken off the goat dust from the pen, not until you are able to perform a high-speed run! It could only get better for you!
Keep your chin up Argent! Seriously, any anxiety or stress from the wait just dissipates once you get in and start punching your settings in. You're almost there! Slow is steady, steady is fast.
Thanks for the words of encouragement gentlemen! At least the sun is trying to come out today. 😂 Haven't seen that in a few weeks

season 6 episode 10 GIF

@Rob I do believe the last 2022 has finally fallen from the tracker!!!! A huge thanks to you for keeping us informed, in the know, and entertained over these last 2 1/2 model years. What a wild ride!

If my informal math is correct. If you ordered a 2022 CT4 V BW your average wait time was 11.3 months ( if we adjust for standard deviation then it drops to 9.8 months with the longest wait being 14 months and the shortest being just 4 months. The CT5's were worse with an average of 13.4 months, ASD of 12.7 and the longest wait of 18 months.

So far for 2023s the waits are much better with both the average and ASD of 6.5 months and the longest going on 8 months and the fastest clocking in at 4 months for CT4s. CT5s are still taking on average about 90 days longer to fall off the tracker than 4s ordered at the same time. Crazy !!!!!

Before CoVid average wait time on a vehicle order from GM was roughly between 5 and 6 months for a VETTE and 12 to `16 weeks for anything else....

Congrats to all the 22 owners and to the 23's on the road as well. Thanks again @Rob for making all this data accessible.

season 6 episode 10 GIF

@Rob I do believe the last 2022 has finally fallen from the tracker!!!! A huge thanks to you for keeping us informed, in the know, and entertained over these last 2 1/2 model years. What a wild ride!

If my informal math is correct. If you ordered a 2022 CT4 V BW your average wait time was 11.3 months ( if we adjust for standard deviation then it drops to 9.8 months with the longest wait being 14 months and the shortest being just 4 months. The CT5's were worse with an average of 13.4 months, ASD of 12.7 and the longest wait of 18 months.

So far for 2023s the waits are much better with both the average and ASD of 6.5 months and the longest going on 8 months and the fastest clocking in at 4 months for CT4s. CT5s are still taking on average about 90 days longer to fall off the tracker than 4s ordered at the same time. Crazy !!!!!

Before CoVid average wait time on a vehicle order from GM was roughly between 5 and 6 months for a VETTE and 12 to `16 weeks for anything else....

Congrats to all the 22 owners and to the 23's on the road as well. Thanks again @Rob for making all this data accessible.
These times are from allocation to delivery I'm assuming?

I just did a chat with the customer service messaging system on Cadillac.com. I gave them the order number and the lady said:

"Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealership is the best source for additional details on that process. Please be aware, standard shipping time could be 3-5 weeks, but could be up to 8-12 wks, depending on the location of the plant and method of transit"

I then asked if this meant 4000 or 4200 status, and she said 4000.

I asked if this meant it was still sitting at the factory, but she said that was all of the information available to her at this time.

So, I don't know much more about where it actually is sitting at the moment...

Customer service is not a good place to get order status updates, the information available to them is usually old info, your dealer will have the most up to date info and will be able to give you accurate status and even track your car if its been shipped using VINview.

I will also say that status are also sometimes a complete wash, people have had vehicles show up at the dealer even though they were still at Bayed status with no indication the vehicle had shipped.

The status is only as good if its updated and GM doesn't always update it on their end in a timely manner.

I just did a chat with the customer service messaging system on Cadillac.com. I gave them the order number and the lady said:

"Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealership is the best source for additional details on that process. Please be aware, standard shipping time could be 3-5 weeks, but could be up to 8-12 wks, depending on the location of the plant and method of transit"
Hang on! It's gonna be a long bumpy ride! 😂

It's got to be just me and my luck! 😂 I just spoke with the General Manager at the dealership and expressed my displeasure!! He gave me lots of excuses and I gave him lots of solutions. For example, the parking lot. It wouldn't be so icy if it had been plowed! We'll see where it goes but I definitely conveyed that our relationship is not starting off on a good note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop