Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Woohoo! Dealer called and car is apparently built with a VIN. But no scheduled delivery (shocker).

Ontario, Canada order. Anything I can do to track status myself?

Honestly I’d probably prefer it didn’t arrive until March at this point. But also wouldn’t want it sitting in a lot in Michigan.

Ugh. That's a movie poster quote. They leave off the "but..." and only put the good bit in.

"But movement is still dependent on the availablility of car transporters"
My dealer called AutoPort and they said nothing can be done because the car is still on HOLD. Even asked about picking up themselves. So at this point is not about transportation more about them releasing cars like they said they would. I was at the dealership yesterday and they were showing me the info they can see and we noticed in one of the systems the hold status said there was a recall when we clicked on the details it was about the DRL issue which I think can be done OTA. I hope that’s not what’s holding up my car. Maybe I do hope so it’s not something worse or truly MP.

My dealer suggested reaching back out to said executive but all I got was “they’re working feverishly to get everything out” this time.

My dealer called AutoPort and they said nothing can be done because the car is still on HOLD. Even asked about picking up themselves. So at this point is not about transportation more about them releasing cars like they said they would. I was at the dealership yesterday and they were showing me the info they can see and we noticed in one of the systems the hold status said there was a recall when we clicked on the details it was about the DRL issue which I think can be done OTA. I hope that’s not what’s holding up my car. Maybe I do hope so it’s not something worse or truly MP.

My dealer suggested reaching back out to said executive but all I got was “they’re working feverishly to get everything out” this time.
That's pretty much exactly the information I was able to obtain on mine a couple of weeks ago. It makes you wonder what's really going on?

Woohoo! Dealer called and car is apparently built with a VIN. But no scheduled delivery (shocker).

Honestly I’d probably prefer it didn’t arrive until March at this point. But also wouldn’t want it sitting in a lot in Michigan.
I'm right across the border. Welcome! Mine has already been sitting for over three months and unfortunately I've resigned myself to the fact that it will likely be sitting outdoors for the rest of the winter in Michigan. Have to figure that can't be too good for a brand new car to sit outside like that but not much we can do about it. My advice is stay away from this forum and it's updates! It will only serve to drive you crazy 🤪. Just kidding about that of course! The people here are great and quite entertaining at times! 😂

I'm right across the border. Welcome! Mine has already been sitting for over three months and unfortunately I've resigned myself to the fact that it will likely be sitting outdoors for the rest of the winter in Michigan. Have to figure that can't be too good for a brand new car to sit outside like that but not much we can do about it. My advice is stay away from this forum and it's updates! It will only serve to drive you crazy 🤪. Just kidding about that of course! The people here are great and quite entertaining at times! 😂
clown GIF by Team Coco

... we noticed in one of the systems the hold status said there was a recall when we clicked on the details it was about the DRL issue which I think can be done OTA. I hope that’s not what’s holding up my car.

That's probably exactly it. It's against federal law to sell new cars with open safety recalls.

That's probably exactly it. It's against federal law to sell new cars with open safety recalls.
Yikes. Can someone please go click the button to push the software update!? That should be easy to do. Wonder if they can push updates remotely before someone actives the system and clicks on the agreement, or if they have to do manually since nobody has accepted that in the car. I thought someone had to click on the agreement on the car screen to enable those OTA updates.
This kind of makes sense that could be what's holding my car back ON HOLD looking at the orderworkbench printout I got from the dealer vs. the timing of the announcement of the recall.

Last edited:
Oh I’m aware of the goat rodeo! But it seems to be pretty inconsistent whether you get the looooong delivery wait or something more reasonable like a month or two.

Either way. Happy that I will eventually have one. According to the VIN, I must be #358 of the ‘23 5BWs

I understand this......BUT.....why can't they ship them to the dealers and let the dealer fix it under PDI? Technically, the dealer "sells" to the consumer. I'd be even MORE pissed off if my car is held up in the goat lot for a recall.

... we noticed in one of the systems the hold status said there was a recall when we clicked on the details it was about the DRL issue which I think can be done OTA. I hope that’s not what’s holding up my car.

This kind of makes sense that could be what's holding my car back ON HOLD looking at the orderworkbench printout I got from the dealer vs. the timing of the announcement of the recall.

Wow. What you just said about "timing" made me realize how lucky I got.

GM announced the recall the same day my car arrived at the dealer. Holy. 😮

Maybe I'm just in the reconciliation stage of grief, but I personally don't have that big of an issue with my BW sitting outside for a few months. It's just a collection of materials that don't have feelings. Now if someone was driving my BW in a mid-west winter, then it would be dead to me.

Maybe I'm just in the reconciliation stage of grief, but I personally don't have that big of an issue with my BW sitting outside for a few months. It's just a collection of materials that don't have feelings. Now if someone was driving my BW in a mid-west winter, then it would be dead to me.
I mostly agree. But you wonder a little about damage to the paint and whatnot…

Still, I’ll end up getting some level of paint correction and ceramic done once it arrives, so not a huge deal.

I mostly agree. But you wonder a little about damage to the paint and whatnot…

Mine was delivered with a big-azz scrape on that front lip thingy. (The black thing under the front; non-carbon.)

Dealer ordered a replacement part that will be installed at a later date.

If it's just sitting for X months, what really is the actual damage that is going to happen? My BW will be full fair weather garage queen, so believe me it won't spend many nights outside, but I'm just not concerned about any weathering that might happen. I'd much rather have Lansing in winter than Arizona from May-September.

As long as no mice find a home in it and the condensation doesn't corrode the wiring etc. I'm okay too! 😂

Oh I’m aware of the goat rodeo! But it seems to be pretty inconsistent whether you get the looooong delivery wait or something more reasonable like a month or two.

Either way. Happy that I will eventually have one. According to the VIN, I must be #358 of the ‘23 5BWs
How can you tell based on the VIN? Is it the last 3 digits or something?

Most likely that's what will happen.

My dealer received their last '22 that was built in March 3 weeks ago. It took over 6 months to get the car after it was built here in Ontario. My car was built over 2 months ago and I'm currently waiting for it. If your car was just built, you're lucky, you probably won't get it until March at a minimum.

Most likely that's what will happen.

My dealer received their last '22 that was built in March 3 weeks ago. It took over 6 months to get the car after it was built here in Ontario. My car was built over 2 months ago and I'm currently waiting for it. If your car was just built, you're lucky, you probably won't get it until March at a minimum.
More like July or August! 😂 I'll be lucky to get mine by March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop