Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Have u notice how thin the sheet metal is on this car? The amt of flex on hood and roof is crazy. I would not want to put any weight on these sheets. Even with just my random orbital it flexes a lot.
I noticed the hood is freaking light but haven't run a machine over it. In another life when I owned a detail shop, we use to place 2x4's under the hoods for additional supports, Lotus and Ferrari were terrible to work on. Back in those days I would use a high-speed directional machine which works 3-4 times faster than an orbital.

9/8 for me. Is yours a 4D00 or a 4B00 and what the h-ll is the difference. I'm currently showing 4D00 with delay but Autoport says the car is currently stored in a building waiting to ship. If you call Cadillac customer service they will tell you a different story. Crazy way to run a business. Ordered C8 and the process flowed like warm honey. C8s get built and shipped like a real car company would. We are supposedly the top of the food chair of GM customers but it sure doesn't feel like it. Wish I could talk to some over paid GM mucky muk but I can't even do that. Very frustrating to say the least.
I'm at 4D00 which is exactly where it's been since built. I called Autoport a couple of weeks ago and was told car is still at factory. I agree with you that Cadillac is really dropping the ball here with zero communication!

9/8 for me. Is yours a 4D00 or a 4B00 and what the h-ll is the difference. I'm currently showing 4D00 with delay but Autoport says the car is currently stored in a building waiting to ship. If you call Cadillac customer service they will tell you a different story. Crazy way to run a business. Ordered C8 and the process flowed like warm honey. C8s get built and shipped like a real car company would. We are supposedly the top of the food chair of GM customers but it sure doesn't feel like it. Wish I could talk to some over paid GM mucky muk but I can't even do that. Very frustrating to say the least.
The unspoken rule GM won't say is that on the brand hierarchy the Corvette sits above everything. The fact its a Chevy doesn't matter. GM has done everything possible to build them with all chips and ship them in a timely manner.

Cadillac V's have always felt like the red headed stepchild of GM, its unfortunate. The Blackwings should be getting the same treatment as the Corvette but alas here we are.

I got back late Sunday night from my Las Vegas V-Academy adventure. I haven't driven my BW since December 3rd. Its been 10 days and I was expecting to to have a low voltage light or throw the check engine light , like it did a month ago. I got in and the voltage was perfectly fine, even after sitting in mid 30 degree temps. Took it for a quick ride using the paddle shifters and put it right back ij the driveway. In a few days I will put her away for the winter hibernation. I took my Dodge Challenger out and tried the paddle shifters and discovered my upshift paddle is not working at all. I guess I will be finally using my "lifetime warranty" I bought back in 2016.

When I see some of us at 4D00 MP and some at 4D00 Delayed, my assumption has been MP is simply MP and Delayed is some sort of "quality control" concern? Is that accurate?

Tried to call Autoport for my Biweekly letdown and they don't pick up anymore. Recorded voice wants me to put in some access code. Does 517-322-2499 still work for talking to a real human at Autoport or has the wall of non communication been built even higher? Any better # would be appreciated.

Wish I could talk to some over paid GM mucky muk but I can't even do that. Very frustrating to say the least.
I have this year and will not name drop but they are aware of the issues and are doing all they can... Some of the issues IMHO Cadillac has gone above and beyond to make thing happen......

I would love to know what they have done to go above and beyond? If you told me they hired a helicopter to lift out a car that wa being blocked for 9 months in the lot by more recently built cars I would say that would be going above and beyond. But the main problem of having completed and shippable cars rotting in DTW for months on end seems like a solvable fundamental problem that GM could handle. They are the big boy of car manufacturers and a quality company. Finally the lack of communication to their dealers and customers is simply inexcusable. I appreciate your special access to information but the rest of their paying customers should not have to rely on the "big guy" from Dallas to send out crumbs of info to the flock. Not ragging on you Steve, just the big boys at GM. If you have their ear tell them to talk to US! Even an explanation of what they are up against would be helpful.

I have this year and will not name drop but they are aware of the issues and are doing all they can... Some of the issues IMHO Cadillac has gone above and beyond to make thing happen......
IMHO, there has been some issues that came up short, for me on GM's & (Dealer) part, especially on delivery and this ADM gouging last minute! Thankfully 4 me, 2nd option dealer stepped up! HOWEVER, its has been a challenge and issues, have and still exist with some needing correction... And so my take is, if it was easy everyone would have one that want(s)ed one? GOAT RODEO! So you shovel a little shit along the way, as long as you are not alone. I'm ok with that. 5BW in hand. No regrets.

I would love to know what they have done to go above and beyond? If you told me they hired a helicopter to lift out a car that wa being blocked for 9 months in the lot by more recently built cars I would say that would be going above and beyond. But the main problem of having completed and shippable cars rotting in DTW for months on end seems like a solvable fundamental problem that GM could handle. They are the big boy of car manufacturers and a quality company. Finally the lack of communication to their dealers and customers is simply inexcusable. I appreciate your special access to information but the rest of their paying customers should not have to rely on the "big guy" from Dallas to send out crumbs of info to the flock. Not ragging on you Steve, just the big boys at GM. If you have their ear tell them to talk to US! Even an explanation of what they are up against would be helpful.
I assure you I have no hot line to them and I'm not the 'big guy" but I was at a Cadillac event and had the opportunity to talk to a couple of executives and they care and are doing all they can... I can't make excuses for them in reference to communication but on the parts front they are doing all they can.... I believe they want to sell the BW's and get them to customers but we are living in difficult times.....

I'm a Cadillac fan boy who loves the brand and I hate to see all the negative.... I'm sorry you guys are having trouble getting cars!

I assure you I have no hot line to them and I'm not the 'big guy" but I was at a Cadillac event and had the opportunity to talk to a couple of executives and they care and are doing all they can... I can't make excuses for them in reference to communication but on the parts front they are doing all they can.... I believe they want to sell the BW's and get them to customers but we are living in difficult times.....

I'm a Cadillac fan boy who loves the brand and I hate to see all the negative.... I'm sorry you guys are having trouble getting cars!
Sign of the times! True, hate to see it as well and negativity doesn't help pay our bills! GM pay attention, good folks have a passion for your product. You guys came up short...Nothing lasts forever!

I’m definately bought this car for steering, suspension, Tranny and engine. If u remove those elements out and leave us with the delivery frustrations and the awful amt of paint/trim alignment, I definitely would never touch a caddy. Guess that is what a CT5 is and i wouldn’t touch it with a goat hearding stick. For a luxury brand, this has to be the poorest quality I have seen in assembly/paint. Even my standard brands of Kia, subby, honda have better overall quality and they are not luxury brand.

The unspoken rule GM won't say is that on the brand hierarchy the Corvette sits above everything. The fact its a Chevy doesn't matter. GM has done everything possible to build them with all chips and ship them in a timely manner.

Cadillac V's have always felt like the red headed stepchild of GM, its unfortunate. The Blackwings should be getting the same treatment as the Corvette but alas here we are.
The Corvette has it's own dedicated long term plant, museum, race track, tours, restaurant, etc., so the pecking order has been settled. There's no more room at the top. 😏

Yep. I would also say that GM has a favorite child. They have around 250 C8's at Spring Mountain. They claim that they have to order and wait for C8 deliveries, just like everyone else. I couldn't believe he said that without laughing.

To me it seems like GM has a parking lot problem more than anything else. I can accept the challenges of supply chain problems from chips to carbon fiber, ect. The part I can't accept is my shipping fate is determined by where my car got put in line on the parking lot after coming off the assembly line. Some get buried and some don't. I've spoken to my salesman and General managers at several Cadillac dealerships and they all say it's a screwed up system and their is not a damn thing they can do about it and nobody they can talk to. It's the randomness of the situation that is so frustrating. Cars built after mine have been delivered, some wait three months, others 9 months. They only make 30 5BWs a week. Need someone at Cadillac to track these cars and communicate and update their status if they aren't delivered after 3 months on the lot. Sad that some poor attendant at Autoport is the deliverer of my cars current status.

I'm torn right now....

Half of me wants @Rob to update the tracker to see if/when my EDD is (although those dates seem irrelevant)
Half of me thinks it's just better not knowing and getting my hopes up... :LOL:

Corny-warning: My Xmas wish is that all you dirty heathens get your cars no later than January so we can all bang gears into the new year!

I'm torn right now....

Half of me wants @Rob to update the tracker to see if/when my EDD is (although those dates seem irrelevant)
Half of me thinks it's just better not knowing and getting my hopes up... :LOL:

Corny-warning: My Xmas wish is that all you dirty heathens get your cars no later than January so we can all bang gears into the new year!
Exactly...why set yourself up for disappointment? 🤣

Exactly...why set yourself up for disappointment? 🤣
I honestly don't know if the tracker makes things better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop