Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
It might be 35 degrees outside but when your car is delivered in 5 inches of snow and you know you have to wash it to get the GM goat pen dirt off to start the paint polishing process. As expected, there are light scuffs (easily buff out) but I did find a pin sized sand grain painted over. As everyone says, for a car this expensive, the paint sure ain’t where it should be. Can fixed most of the paint stuff myself. I am scratching my head on what I should do with the pin sized defect. I’ll bring it to the dealer but unless they sand it down and repaint it, not sure how they would get it out. And having the car repainted in one section never comes out well. Almost like I’ll just have to live with a defect because the other option could make it potentially worse. Update - been buffing the car with meguires cutting compound. It did get rid of most of the swirls and stuff but there are still some deeper scratches. I could wet sand those areas but I’m just going to let PPF just cover up the hood area and probably won’t see it. Still scratching my head a car with 4 miles on it has so bad swirls and scratches. I also wonder how thick the clear coat is on this car. I did some wet sending on my m2 and the clear coat and metal seem very solid. The hood on this car is very flimsy, probably because it’s carbon?
D45EACC5-C264-445B-8592-0B02B8A5B132.jpeg

Last edited:
It might be 35 degrees outside but when your car is delivered in 5 inches of snow and you know you have to wash it to get the GM goat pen dirt off to start the paint polishing process. As expected, there are light scuffs (easily buff out) but I did find a pin sized sand grain painted over. As everyone says, for a car this expensive, the paint sure ain’t where it should be. Can fixed most of the paint stuff myself. I am scratching my head on what I should do with the pin sized defect. I’ll bring it to the dealer but unless they sand it down and repaint it, not sure how they would get it out. And having the car repainted in one section never comes out well. Almost like I’ll just have to live with a defect because the other option could make it potentially worse. Update - been buffing the car with meguires cutting compound. It did get rid of most of the swirls and stuff but there are still some deeper scratches. I could wet sand those areas but I’m just going to let PPF just cover up the hood area and probably won’t see it. Still scratching my head a car with 4 miles on it has so bad swirls and scratches. I also wonder how thick the clear coat is on this car. I did some wet sending on my m2 and the clear coat and metal seem very solid. The hood on this car is very flimsy, probably because it’s carbon?View attachment 15115
Sad to hear about the paint. It should be better for the cost. And your hood isn’t carbon, just very thin sheet metal for weight savings.

I hatched a plan in my dream. Since I literally can’t drive the car until April. I just need to get another blackwing by then. Trade this one in with 4 miles for MSRP at dealer and literally cover cost for the new one. Maybe have to pay paperwork expense a second time but that is like $300. Get two sessions of driving schools! Highly doubt it would work but hey why not dream. Free $3500!

Unfortunately, GM will probably tell you that most of the cost of the vehicle is in the engine and drive train......the paint was secondary. I went with white because if I had gone with a darker color I would be going OCD trying to keep it clean.
Same drivetrain in a $65k Camaro. They can spend the necessary money on interior materials and PAINT.

I wonder if new blackwing orders will move faster now with supply chain issues subsiding in addition to parts being more available like CF. I also wonder since things are moving more efficiently if the cars being built now might have less defects than cars that were put into goat pen and then had items added in later. It will be intriguing to see how things moving along in the next couple months

It might be 35 degrees outside but when your car is delivered in 5 inches of snow and you know you have to wash it to get the GM goat pen dirt off to start the paint polishing process. As expected, there are light scuffs (easily buff out) but I did find a pin sized sand grain painted over. As everyone says, for a car this expensive, the paint sure ain’t where it should be. Can fixed most of the paint stuff myself. I am scratching my head on what I should do with the pin sized defect. I’ll bring it to the dealer but unless they sand it down and repaint it, not sure how they would get it out. And having the car repainted in one section never comes out well. Almost like I’ll just have to live with a defect because the other option could make it potentially worse. Update - been buffing the car with meguires cutting compound. It did get rid of most of the swirls and stuff but there are still some deeper scratches. I could wet sand those areas but I’m just going to let PPF just cover up the hood area and probably won’t see it. Still scratching my head a car with 4 miles on it has so bad swirls and scratches. I also wonder how thick the clear coat is on this car. I did some wet sending on my m2 and the clear coat and metal seem very solid. The hood on this car is very flimsy, probably because it’s carbon?View attachment 15115
I've used Mequiar's before, for this color I would use the 2-step polishers (Medium and Light cut) by Adam's with Microfiber cutting pads for more bite. I've owned 7 black toys over the years and by far received the greatest results with these products. Good luck bud.

I wonder if new blackwing orders will move faster now with supply chain issues subsiding in addition to parts being more available like CF. I also wonder since things are moving more efficiently if the cars being built now might have less defects than cars that were put into goat pen and then had items added in later. It will be intriguing to see how things moving along in the next couple months
Not sure what you're referring to? Still plenty of cars in the goat pen!

Dad used to always say, "wish in one hand, sh.." I think you know the rest.

I've used Mequiar's before, for this color I would use the 2-step polishers (Medium and Light cut) by Adam's with Microfiber cutting pads for more bite. I've owned 7 black toys over the years and by far received the greatest results with these products. Good luck bud.
Have u notice how thin the sheet metal is on this car? The amt of flex on hood and roof is crazy. I would not want to put any weight on these sheets. Even with just my random orbital it flexes a lot.

Seemed like between FB, here and the amt of cars disappearing from autotrader because they are not in transit status anymore, thought things were moving a bit more. Not to mention I keep seeing more and more allocations.

I felt the same way 3 months ago when my car was built. Still stuck DTW goat hell with no end in sight. Love the optimism but reality suggests otherwise.

Seemed like between FB, here and the amt of cars disappearing from autotrader because they are not in transit status anymore, thought things were moving a bit more. Not to mention I keep seeing more and more allocations.
Yeah there's still some of us left in limbo. My car was built 3 months ago and it's still sitting there. Some have been there even longer.

I felt the same way 3 months ago when my car was built. Still stuck DTW goat hell with no end in sight. Love the optimism but reality suggests otherwise.
Yeah, we're in the same boat. Mine was built 3 months ago tomorrow, 9/14. Sucks!!!

Have u notice how thin the sheet metal is on this car? The amt of flex on hood and roof is crazy. I would not want to put any weight on these sheets. Even with just my random orbital it flexes a lot.
Noticed this yesterday while detailing the car. The roof panel feels incredibly flimsy

Yeah there's still some of us left in limbo. My car was built 3 months ago and it's still sitting there. Some have been there even longer.
Crazy, when I spoke with my salesman last month, he stated it's been 19 months waiting for his '22-5BW.

Yeah, we're in the same boat. Mine was built 3 months ago tomorrow, 9/14. Sucks!!!
9/8 for me. Is yours a 4D00 or a 4B00 and what the h-ll is the difference. I'm currently showing 4D00 with delay but Autoport says the car is currently stored in a building waiting to ship. If you call Cadillac customer service they will tell you a different story. Crazy way to run a business. Ordered C8 and the process flowed like warm honey. C8s get built and shipped like a real car company would. We are supposedly the top of the food chair of GM customers but it sure doesn't feel like it. Wish I could talk to some over paid GM mucky muk but I can't even do that. Very frustrating to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop