Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Actually found this in GM parts direct....are these the right part numbers?

Screenshot_20221013-200106.png

I got Porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros 295/30 for the rear.
What did you combine with those for the front? Did you test those last year or will this be your first winter with those on? Im in Iowa so if it worked for you in Chicago area it should work for me :)
Can you share your full winter set up and tell me how they fit on the stock wheels? Thank you!

What did you combine with those for the front? Did you test those last year or will this be your first winter with those on? Im in Iowa so if it worked for you in Chicago area it should work for me :)
Can you share your full winter set up and tell me how they fit on the stock wheels? Thank you!
@Mirza Grebovic recommended a size down for the fronts as well so 265/35/19 ? I am still debating getting OEM wheels but need part numbers for tpms, nuts, wheel center caps etc

I ordered these for TPMS as per @jkg earlier in this same thread. They seem to be working fine:

sensors - GM 13538760
sensor nuts - GM 13581557

I posted all the wheel PNs based on what my local parts counter told me. If I were you, I would triple check, though, b/c the gmpartsdirect site (and others) confusingly say "Blackwing, 19 front, graphite drk q63" and "Blackwing, 19 rear, graphite drk q63" for those parts even though everywhere else I look, Satin Graphite is Q61.

I just swapped the center caps over from set to set, took no time at all - and I ordered a set of black lug nuts from the Cadillac accessories site since they were on sale there.

I ordered these for TPMS as per @jkg earlier in this same thread. They seem to be working fine:

sensors - GM 13538760
sensor nuts - GM 13581557

I posted all the wheel PNs based on what my local parts counter told me. If I were you, I would triple check, though, b/c the gmpartsdirect site (and others) confusingly say "Blackwing, 19 front, graphite drk q63" and "Blackwing, 19 rear, graphite drk q63" for those parts even though everywhere else I look, Satin Graphite is Q61.

I just swapped the center caps over from set to set, took no time at all - and I ordered a set of black lug nuts from the Cadillac accessories site since they were on sale there.
Thanks yes I saw that too...sent them an email asking to confirm. I also saw several part numbers for tpms ...yeah I guess I could transfer my existing wheel center caps

Search box is your friend - most of this stuff is posted earlier in this very thread.
I appreciate all police, even forum officials :)
I don't think it's unfair for me to ask for details and confirmation of the full set up. He mentioned sizes before (as have many others so it's hard to keep track of who has said what unless there's a full message with detail) and then he mentioned the Porsche spec, so I was curious about the whole set up so I kindly asked for details.
Let's keep the friendly attitude and use our time helping others answer critical questions. Otherwise, it's very easy instead to ignore questions not directed at us.

Back to the topic at hand... Sounds like Porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros 295/30 for the rear, and 265/x for front.

Back to the topic at hand... Sounds like Porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros 295/30 for the rear, and 265/x for front.
Mercedes spec Sottozero 265/35 front
Porsche spec Sottozero 295/30 rear

Here are some earlier posts relevant to the sottozeros. FWIW, I consider myself more of a librarian than a cop. Librarians love the #oldladyspec!

Attempt to recap for 5BW, all for 19" until it's known if 18"s will fit

Factory size
All Seasons
Cooper Zeon

10mm downsized (both rear and front)
Winter
Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II (mix of Porsche and Mercedes specs, not recommended)
All Seasons
Toyo Proxes Sport A/S

I did get the sottozeros installed on my 5. 265/35 front, 295/30 rear. I talked with a person with tirerack who ultimately indicated its the best of the bad options, and the mixed Porsche/Mercedes specs, while not ideal, should be fine as it's not AWD. There was an additional follow-up confirmation from tirerack before shipping as well. Tirerack did an awesome job overall.
View attachment 5714

I wouldn't worry about the difference for winter use.

Luke Pavlik at Tire Rack steered me away from the mixed Mercedes/Porsche '-10mm' fitment for the CT5s. He said Porsche really does a lot to change the characteristics of the tire and that worried him a bit.

He suggested a square 275/35 fitment on the factory wheels. The rears will obviously be a little stretched but are still within the recommended rim width on the tire specs.

In my case, for the northeast, he said Continental DWS06+ or Michelin PS4AS, with an edge to the Michelins if not seeing snow, and an edge to the Contis if they will see snow.

I talked to two individuals at Tire Rack and both ultimately agreed the mixed fitment was the best of bad options. The first person I talked to (Parker Petersen) was also concerned about the spec differences, but given that it's a RWD platform and not AWD he wasn't super worried about it.

The 275/35 is 0.4" taller than the 305/30 which, is its own concern.

The Coopers fit OEM size but all reviews indicate they are terrible in snow.

Nothing but bad choices.

We got some 6" of snow out here in the PNW. Good opportunity to give the sottozeros a try.

And the verdict is... I'm glad the CT5 isn't my only car. I was hopeful dedicated snow tires would give it the upper hand in turning and stopping, but in back to back tests my XT5 (awd) on all seasons was better in every way.

The sottozeros are good enough that I could confidently get home if it snowed while I was out, but it's definitely not the choice vehicle in these conditions

I'm putting the PS4S tires back on today. I'd probably hold out to mid Feb or March with all seasons, but temps for the next 2 weeks are expected to be upper 40s/low 50s. We frequently get one more cold blast before March, but I'll just have to garage it if that happens.

Ultimately, the sottozeros felt like a rather expensive experiment that hopefully someone in this community can benefit from.

If you live somewhere that gets truly genuinely cold, go for it. They're not great in snow/ice, but better than all seasons, and dry weather traction is totally fine. But if you live somewhere mild like the PNW, don't bother.

Looks like next year's setup will be Coopers on DR-80s, unless something new comes out by then.

The 295s fit in the rears fine. I ended up getting 265s for the front.

Pirelli Sottozero serie II

I'll let you know in winter haha

Mercedes spec Sottozero 265/35 front
Porsche spec Sottozero 295/30 rear

Here are some earlier posts relevant to the sottozeros. FWIW, I consider myself more of a librarian than a cop. Librarians love the #oldladyspec!
Kind of confused as to what to do....still not sure about the tire rack square setup

Earlier in the thread someone said they were having trouble finding the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on the Tire Rack website.

They now show for in OEM size for the 4BW. The rears are currently out-of-stock with availability expected 11/04/2022: Pilot Sport AS 4 For 4BW Link

I'll give one more for marfan to quote ;)

I'm going to try the sottozeros again. At some point (after taking them off) I realized the dealership underinflated them. As in, they inflated them to 35 psi, but should have been more like 38. I'm hoping that'll help the "squirmy" feeling.

I'll give one more for marfan to quote ;)

I'm going to try the sottozeros again. At some point (after taking them off) I realized the dealership underinflated them. As in, they inflated them to 35 psi, but should have been more like 38. I'm hoping that'll help the "squirmy" feeling.
As per tire rack no sotto zeros in 265/35/19s... I am now thinking Coopers like marfan on OEM wheels

I think I am going to go with this set up...if anyone has tried this could you message me? Dealer said they would not install it since these are aftermarket. I have installed a square winter setup on my V2 when I had it back in 2012.

1666037546981.png

1666037569891.png

I think I am going to go with this set up...if anyone has tried this could you message me? Dealer said they would not install it since these are aftermarket. I have installed a square winter setup on my V2 when I had it back in 2012.

View attachment 13398
View attachment 13399
I'm going to be doing the same (+/- optional rear fitment). I got a guy right around the corner from me to pop them on.

I'm going to be doing the same (+/- optional rear fitment). I got a guy right around the corner from me to pop them on.
Actually tire rack said if I am going with square fitment I should not go with optional rear...so same wheel front and back (19x9 ET 29) with 275/35/19. Also the only option in the rear that showed up was 19x10 ET 32 ...

Actually tire rack said if I am going with square fitment I should not go with optional rear...so same wheel front and back (19x9 ET 29) with 275/35/19. Also the only option in the rear that showed up was 19x10 ET 32 ...
Good wasnt even thinking it until I saw it on yours... and would have checked with them first. They were great with both of my ss winter set ups.

After seeing pricing for some of the aftermarket options, I think I'm just going to spring for a second set of the factory tech bronzes. they are going to be ~$680 per corner ($50 core charge that I won't get back baked in). Honestly the few hundred bucks extra I think is worth it over what some of the aftermarket options look like. lets hope after my tire fiasco of last week I don't have any more bad luck lol. also can confirm that the p/n for ct4 tpms sensors are 13538760.... that came straight from my bill at the dealer this morning when they replaced the broken one from the tire shop lol.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Sottozeros last week, Will be mounting them on a second set of oem wheels. Not sure the car will see much snow but I like to drive my cars when cold and dry. 295/30 rears and had to go to the 255 fronts since the 265s are no longer available. Some of the comments about them being “squishy” is a bit unnerving - had blizzaks on a charger years ago and HATED how they felt when using heavy throttle. Really disappointed the Michelin PA4 weren’t an option as I found them to be phenomenal (for a winter tire) on my 6gen Camaro and scat pack charger.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back