Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

to sum up, stock CT5 BW wheels are 19x10 (20mm offset) in front, and 19x11 (50m offset) in rear. i think the center hub measures about 66mm. i could be off on any of these -
here is the DR-80 wheel that is 19x9.5 the center hub is much larger than stock. centering ring optional but suggested. the bolt pattern is 5x120. technically GM uses 5x120.65mm. Audi and others use 5x120

also the GM part number for the tire pressure sensor is 13538760 according to several sources.
View attachment 5804
Looks like they will allow easier access to clean the calipers than the stock rims.

I'm biting the bullet - ordering 1 Apex wheel 18X9 ET30 to check fitment. I assume there should be no issues in the rear (it will poke 11mm more than stock) , and hopefully it will clear the 4BW calipers.

Mbar - were you able to check if the wheels fit over the brakes?

For the 4BW a set of Conti DWS06’s will do just fine for winter or year round use.

I'm not a fan of DWS06 in the snow. I've had them a couple of times now on various vehicles. They're OK but performance winters on AWD vehicles were noticeably better. Since these cars are RWD and we get a decent amount of snow and ice here, I went with an actual winter this time.

Though I drive quite a few miles per year and someone people barely go anywhere when it snows. I have to go to work regardless of the weather outside.

I'm not a fan of DWS06 in the snow. I've had them a couple of times now on various vehicles. They're OK but performance winters on AWD vehicles were noticeably better. Since these cars are RWD and we get a decent amount of snow and ice here, I went with an actual winter this time.

Though I drive quite a few miles per year and someone people barely go anywhere when it snows. I have to go to work regardless of the weather outside.
Totally get it. I’ve had the DWS’s on 2 SS sedans, 2 6th gen Camaro SS’s and an ATS V in Chicago winters with zero problems. But I also used to drive an 88 formula 350 in the snow in college w no Nannie’s so I consider myself rather good at this lol

I belong to the Corvette forum and there is a long thread in the C8 section about Aerolarri wheels. They are made to order, forged, and cost about $2K for a set of 4. Reviews are off the chart good. Check out their web site. I have no relation with them other than contacting them to see if they can make wheels for our Blackwings.

I belong to the Corvette forum and there is a long thread in the C8 section about Aerolarri wheels. They are made to order, forged, and cost about $2K for a set of 4. Reviews are off the chart good. Check out their web site. I have no relation with them other than contacting them to see if they can make wheels for our Blackwings.
Please let us know if they reply that they can make BW sized wheels

Please let us know if they reply that they can make BW sized wheels
I contacted them yesterday and they said they could. Check out this thread on the Corvette forum:

Has anyone tried to order CT5 BW OEM wheels from parts yet, in particular the tech bronze? Worst case I am thinking I will just get an identical set-up with the Coopers. I do not plan to drive in the snow, but need something to drive in freezing temps.

In the past I have had all seasons for winters, plus a set of AutoSock for rear tires in case I get caught in snow unexpectedly (which so far hasn't happened). Unfortunately, you can't even get AutoSock in this size.

Has anyone tried to order CT5 BW OEM wheels from parts yet, in particular the tech bronze?

I do not plan to drive in the snow, but need something to drive in freezing temps.

I was quoted $4k for a set. I think they were backordered, though.

I am in the same boat, torn between the Coopers or the set of the 'mismatched' Pirellis for winter daily driving.

local dealer told me $800 each for front wheels for CT5 BW. not sure if they are available. this was in black.
the Drag Wheels wheel i listed a bunch of posts ago, seems to fit, at a great price!
i'll send pics of mounted on the car when I mount them in about a week

Luke Pavlik at Tire Rack steered me away from the mixed Mercedes/Porsche '-10mm' fitment for the CT5s. He said Porsche really does a lot to change the characteristics of the tire and that worried him a bit.

He suggested a square 275/35 fitment on the factory wheels. The rears will obviously be a little stretched but are still within the recommended rim width on the tire specs.

In my case, for the northeast, he said Continental DWS06+ or Michelin PS4AS, with an edge to the Michelins if not seeing snow, and an edge to the Contis if they will see snow.

Well I will have my snow tires mounted up in a week or 2. It is possible I will add a spacer to the fronts to get back to stock offset. I would not put a 275 tire on an 11” rim but what do I know. I was thrilled to find an inexpensive wheel that fits. If anyone can find me a made in USA wheel for a reasonable price, I am in.
I think even the stock wheels are made in Taiwan or something.

Luke Pavlik at Tire Rack steered me away from the mixed Mercedes/Porsche '-10mm' fitment for the CT5s. He said Porsche really does a lot to change the characteristics of the tire and that worried him a bit.

He suggested a square 275/35 fitment on the factory wheels. The rears will obviously be a little stretched but are still within the recommended rim width on the tire specs.

In my case, for the northeast, he said Continental DWS06+ or Michelin PS4AS, with an edge to the Michelins if not seeing snow, and an edge to the Contis if they will see snow.

I talked to two individuals at Tire Rack and both ultimately agreed the mixed fitment was the best of bad options. The first person I talked to (Parker Petersen) was also concerned about the spec differences, but given that it's a RWD platform and not AWD he wasn't super worried about it.

The 275/35 is 0.4" taller than the 305/30 which, is its own concern.

The Coopers fit OEM size but all reviews indicate they are terrible in snow.

Nothing but bad choices.

@jkg and @travysh, thanks for the continued info. Agree with you both. Luke suggested that the 'stretch' from putting 275s on the 11 inch wheel would help a little with the height, but it seems to me like more risk for wheel damage during the season when potholes are at their worst. I can't repeat what was said about the Coopers!

I would be interested to hear initial driving impressions from both of you - and I'm torn because I want my car ASAP, but also want to put off this decision until there is more info out there!

I had nokian winter tires on my 13 v wagon for 8 winters. They were surprisingly great in dry and super great in snow. I wouldn’t race with them. But I strongly support winter tires not all season if driving in snow at any point. I won’t have these new snow tires in car for another week or two. Weather is still not snowy here yet (New York)

@jkg When all is said and done and you have a chance, it would be awesome if you could post the complete list of parts (incl P/Ns) and where your purchased them.

Been sitting on the fence about the extra set of snow tires. I did a round trip from Long Island to Boston yesterday to pick up my son from college, a day ahead of original plans in an effort to avoid the snow that is going to hit New England area today. I know sooner or later, I am going to be in bind where everyone in the house is going to need drive somewhere (4 people, 4 cars) after one of our wonderful winter blizzards which leaves packed snow on the ground for days on end.

Thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners