Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Thanks! Tbh once I install the AS tires I'm probably not going to swap them unless I end up tracking the car. Do you think the sacrifice in warm weather performance is going to be overly annoying on a street driven car?

If you're not going to swap tires then I wouldn't get the DSW, I would get the AS4. It's the best 3 season UHP AS I've used and it'll give you the most fun. Just drive slower in the winter.

I just ordered the Conti DWS 06 in 255/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear. The rears don't have the XL rating, but the service description of 95Y exceeds the XL rating. I spoke to a guy at Tire Rack and he said they will work. Also, there really are no other options.

In Tire Rack's testing, the DWS slightly surpassed the AS4 in most quantitative and qualitative measurements.

Edit: if you call Tire Rack, ask for Bruno, he's the one that helped me with my order. 👍

Last edited:
If you're not going to swap tires then I wouldn't get the DSW, I would get the AS4. It's the best 3 season UHP AS I've used and it'll give you the most fun. Just drive slower in the winter.
Well now I just don't know what to do!

I just ordered the Conti DWS 06 in 255/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear. The rears don't have the XL rating, but the service description of 95Y exceeds the XL rating. I spoke to a guy at Tire Rack and he said they will work. Also, there really are no other options.

In Tire Rack's testing, the DWS slightly surpassed the AS4 in most quantitative and qualitative measurements.

Edit: if you call Tire Rack, ask for Bruno, he's the one that helped me with my order. 👍
My Blizzaks are rated 90H, a bit low, but thats still 1300lbs per corner which with the way this car is going to be driven in winter should be fine.

Well now I just don't know what to do!

With the car you bought, if you have to compromise it would make sense that it's towards the end of better handling outside of winter. But I know you guys get a good amount of snow and neither of the tires your looking at are great in lots of snow. You really just have to grab one and see how it works for you personally.

With the car you bought, if you have to compromise it would make sense that it's towards the end of better handling outside of winter. But I know you guys get a good amount of snow and neither of the tires your looking at are great in lots of snow. You really just have to grab one and see how it works for you personally.
Thanks man. With a few exceptions in recent years, we don't typically get a ton of snow and I don't plan on driving in deep snow. I just don't want to be F'd if I'm out and about and it starts snowing on me. Wife has an SUV if we need.

Maybe the right play is to get the Conti's and if the performance is that much of a downgrade, just roll them seasonally with the stock tires after all

Indeed, and avoid playing chicken with winter. I was accelerating onto the highway the other day when it was in the high 40's, brisk and wet and the tires were cold. I had a bowel-clenching moment at part throttle in third gear...
Yeah, cold and wet, the ass kicks out in this car without much throttle.

Are you going to run these Conti's all year? If not are you just swapping rubber onto the stock wheels twice annually? I've always had a dedicated winter wheel/tire set up so am just curious.
yep, l'll just swap them out twice a year on the stock set. I may look into a second set of wheels next year but don't want to be panic shopping tires AND wheels today. I ran the DWS06+ year round on my ATS and they were great, never had a dedicated summer. I just ordered 255/35/18 XL and 265/35/18 XL DWS06+'s

Yeah, cold and wet, the ass kicks out in this car without much throttle.
yeah I couldn't use 1st gear on monday thanks to the cold temps and monsoon rains we were getting. had just flown in from istanbul where it was sunny and 80 degrees, so a nice exta slap in the face haha.

yep, l'll just swap them out twice a year on the stock set. I may look into a second set of wheels next year but don't want to be panic shopping tires AND wheels today. I ran the DWS06+ year round on my ATS and they were great, never had a dedicated summer. I just ordered 255/35/18 XL and 265/35/18 XL DWS06+'s
I'm hopeful if you had the same tire on a similar ATS and liked it. I had the original DWS06 on my G37x but wasn't a fan, but those were also squidgy tires with high sidewalls and the car was much less sporty in general.

Just put in my own order, same tires, same specs. Going to see how their mobile installation option goes...

Just put in my own order, same tires, same specs. Going to see how their mobile installation option goes..
200.gif

fast removal guaranteed!

I was going to try the mobil Installer option as well.

I ended up ordering a set of Michelin X-Ice Snows. Wanted to get some Nokian Hakka R5s but seem to be on indefinite backorder atm. 225/40-18 in the front and 245/40-18 in the back. A little narrower for the snow but maintains OE wheel diameter.

God bless Tire Rack. These arrived the next day after ordering...free shipping selected.

View attachment 13212
It's amazing how they get them out so quick (of course, all they have to do is slap a label and tie wrap on them, LOL). :cool: I've been contemplating the DWS for my next set when needed. I've never had them before.

My tire shop just called and my dws' arrived. Placed the order Friday afternoon. If anyone is freaking out about the michelins on backorder for the ct4, both the non xl 275s and xl 265s seem to at least be available and shipping quick. I'm getting them mounted to stock wheels tmw and will give my feedback on how they are in case anyone wants to hear. If you don't, tough shit, I'm still gonna talk

Update: tires mounted and are, well, tires. Quiet, drive well and no complaints with the tires. My complaint would be with the tire shop that is claiming my tpms sensor that is no longer working has nothing to do with the fact that they touched it 🤷. Going to the dealer Monday to get a crazy expensive bill to replace the sensor and sending it right on over to the tire shop to pay. They also dinged a wheel torquing the lugs and got in the white seats without a seat cover and left a beautiful black outline of their dirty pants on it 🙃. 0/10 would not recommend the shop. 10/10 for the tires

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back