Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

I have a Mk7.5 GTI for a daily and I'm really hoping they fix all that touch and capacity bullshit before I'm in the market to replace mine. GTIs are perfect daily drivers for me because I do a lot of driving in NYC and it makes parking easier than a sedan would be and it's still relatively sporty.
Sadly it won’t be a manual since it’s gone after MY24. ☹️ I test drove the MK8 GTI a couple times and was a bit disappointed. Just didn’t have the magic of the MK7. Maybe I’ve been corrupted by the BW.

I have a Mk7.5 GTI for a daily and I'm really hoping they fix all that touch and capacity bullshit before I'm in the market to replace mine. GTIs are perfect daily drivers for me because I do a lot of driving in NYC and it makes parking easier than a sedan would be and it's still relatively sporty.
I love that platform and ended up buying two of them (MK7 Autobahn & MK7.5 Rabbit) within a short span of time. 2019 Rabbit was a perfect trim without unwanted options and i still regret selling it.

I owned a 2015 GTI SE (my 3rd GTI) and it was a fantastic car. I was really, really looking forward to the Mk8 R. 🤬

For me my number one criteria in a car is manual transmission. Having a bit of practicality has become a priority as well. And of course, want something sporty. That meant my options as I saw it were BMW M3 or CT4 V BW. Every review I’ve watched gives the nod on driving feel to the Cadillac. And the BMW is ugly as hell.

How about y’all?
Sounds just like my journey. M3 or 4BW -- read everything and watched every review I could get my hands on. For the price difference, it is a no-contest for the 4BW. And I love it!

I know this is an old thread brought back to life. I fell into the 4BW. I was thinking about an Acura ITS and got in my head I wanted to be back in a sedan with a manual. Not even sure how the 4BW came back on my radar but once it was, it was the clear choice.

I've loved all the cars I've owned, but the E39 M5 is still my favorite and hence why I'm going for the 5BW. It was also the least reliable, so hoping a new American car with a warranty will be a huge improvement there.

You and me both, bruh. My first one (2003) was a constant battle to fix the little crap going wrong (it was only a few years old and 18K miles) until it got totalled. The second one (2000) never ran right, and the third one (2003) was high mileage and by then I had lost the desire to deal with the headaches.

I came close to buying a Mk7 twice, just couldn't do it. Great driving little cars though, but I really hate the lack of low-end torque. And the seats weren't a good fit for me.

When I started shopping seriously (sincerely) for the BW, I was driving my second G82 M4 (bucktooth edition) with the 6MT. I tracked it, I DD'd it, it was a good car but as other previous owners have noted, a bit sterile and the transmission/clutch combo kind of sucks. I've BTDT with Porsche, and they're too expensive these days, and not suitable for DD, comfort-wise. So really, I didn't consider anything else to the BW except for just keeping the M4 a bit longer.

You and me both, bruh. My first one (2003) was a constant battle to fix the little crap going wrong (it was only a few years old and 18K miles) until it got totalled. The second one (2000) never ran right, and the third one (2003) was high mileage and by then I had lost the desire to deal with the headaches.

I came close to buying a Mk7 twice, just couldn't do it. Great driving little cars though, but I really hate the lack of low-end torque. And the seats weren't a good fit for me.

When I started shopping seriously (sincerely) for the BW, I was driving my second G82 M4 (bucktooth edition) with the 6MT. I tracked it, I DD'd it, it was a good car but as other previous owners have noted, a bit sterile and the transmission/clutch combo kind of sucks. I've BTDT with Porsche, and they're too expensive these days, and not suitable for DD, comfort-wise. So really, I didn't consider anything else to the BW except for just keeping the M4 a bit longer.
Love the BW but I do miss the small light weight pocket rocket GTI.

Brand new to the Forum, don't even have the car yet. Coming from a 2014 Focus ST. Couldn't get a 6mt on my 4 BW and honestly a little worried. Any insight?
For me personally the MT is a must on this car as it’s one of the best out there. The car is nimble for its size and weight but the RWD nature means you can’t just throw it into corners with reckless abandonment like a FWD or AWD car. The greatness is how sorted and dialed in everything is and all the inputs have immediate feedback. Drove the new MK8 GTI recently the MT felt “broken” and “sloppy” in comparison. I preferred the MK7 overall.

For me personally the MT is a must on this car as it’s one of the best out there. The car is nimble for its size and weight but the RWD nature means you can’t just throw it into corners with reckless abandonment like a FWD or AWD car. The greatness is how sorted and dialed in everything is and all the inputs have immediate feedback. Drove the new MK8 GTI recently the MT felt “broken” and “sloppy” in comparison. I preferred the MK7 overall.
I get it. Wish it did. Just wasn't in the cards.

Mine never left me stranded and never had an electrical problem. But it was just constant little things to fix and preventatively fix, stuff you shouldn't have to think twice about before 100k miles. I only took mine from 66k to 95k but it had more problems in that time than all my other cars combined during my lifetime.

@JonnysaysRELAX I think you need to get new cards. Once the new wears off, you better not have made any major compromises because they will eat at you.

My use case is a weekend car, a grand tourer, my fun car. To me the manual takes this from "I think its cool", to spending 11 months searching for an allocation and then writing a $100k check. I don't care about spreadsheet metrics detailing where the 10A is negligibly faster in a closed course environment.

I wasn't considering any other car. I had a C63S and grew to not love it and realized I really need a manual transmission for my fun weekend car. So my only option was keep it or get a 5BW. The only thing I had to decide was if I wanted to ditch the AMG for a Cadillac. Glad I decided to.

When I bought the C63S I was deciding between that, the M3, and RS5. The M3 is god awful looking and the manual transmission sucks, and the RS5 is just too boring. The only other car I'd consider right now is a 911 GT3 or a 911 S/T, which is getting great reviews, but those are both out of my price range at the moment.

@JonnysaysRELAX I think you need to get new cards. Once the new wears off, you better not have made any major compromises because they will eat at you.

My use case is a weekend car, a grand tourer, my fun car. To me the manual takes this from "I think its cool", to spending 11 months searching for an allocation and then writing a $100k check. I don't care about spreadsheet metrics detailing where the 10A is negligibly faster in a closed course environment.
It was 10a or something else. Still think this will be more fun than my other options.

I had considered a few different vehciles:

Camaro 2SS 1LE
Alfa Romeo Guilia/Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Charger Hellcat
BMW M2

But I went with the BW because I found the right one with the options that were a "must have".

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back