Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

installed green air filters, cleaned out airbox lid, checked oil level

So I haven't been on here for a bit, lots of catching up to do.
So I didn't get to order my car and dealer ordered bronze wheels which I love but unfortunately bronze calipers also. They just get lost back there so I decided to do something about it.
I purchased a kit from G2 on Amazon in red. Cost is $70 including link.

G2 High Temperature Brake Caliper Paint System Set RED G2160 - High Gloss Amazon.com

Paint uses a catalyst, paint can has room just pour into can and stir. Toss the brush set included. A decent set of brushes on Amazon was $7-9.
Clean, clean, clean is imperative. Kit only comes with 1 can of brake cleaner. Due to size of calipers I played it safe and ordered 2 kits.
Calipers are easy to disassemble, but tough to remove.
10mm bolt on center pin, remove bolt then pull pin. A small punch to remove upper and lower pins along with spring clip.
Pop hood a keep an eye on your master cylinder as you need to compress calipers to slide pads out.
Drivers side on my 5 had pad monitor slide it towards center before pulling that pad. Keep track of inside/outer pad orientation.
T30 torx on hub, remove it to remove rotor. If you have iron rotors be prepared they are not light. Bolts holding calipers to hubs are 18mm and very tight. You may feel it's not important to gain complete access, your call. I did, I have the proper tools.
I did put one bolt in very loose to allow me to move it as necessary.
After thorough cleaning I taped off piston face area and pad contact area. I scuffed calipers with 360 grit paper and cleaned again with prep-sol. Follow instructions for mixing.
Pot life for paint seems shorter than stated. I only got 2 decent coats. I had leftover and was starting to thicken a bit. Maybe could have gotten a coat on rears but I hadn't prepped them yet.
Left them alone over weekend and they flowed out and smoothed out brush marks. Never be as smooth finish as factory powdercoat but behind the wheels I think it will really be that noticable.
After fully dried I applied heat resistant vinyl V emblem stickers I found on eBay for $12. If in time they fail/lift/fade I will get stencil of design and use black caliper paint.
My labor and under $200 out of pocket. Cheap experiment. Now I need to find red key fob covers😎
I know it's a long post but trying to be thorough. Now for the pics.
Comments, questions welcomed.
I tried a couple of times to load them in order but failed.
My dog Blue was hanging out with me but had to send him in the keep the hair out.
Nice job.

Have you figured out how to disassemble the key fob? I tried but can only get the battery cover off not the one on the side that is colored.

Nice job.

Have you figured out how to disassemble the key fob? I tried but can only get the battery cover off not the one on the side that is colored.
I have in a leather cover so I haven't tried. Always fear it getting beat up. Check we had a thread on it awhile ago. Some tried film. I've been searching for a spare fob. No luck at the moment. If I come across replacement at fair price🤣🤣🤣

Swept snow off of it...drove it a bit in the snow yesterday...

Attachments

• 20240116_125614.jpg
    20240116_125614.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 123
  • 20240116_131312.jpg
    20240116_131312.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 20240116_131321.jpg
    20240116_131321.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5412(2).PNG
    IMG_5412(2).PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 123
Heh. Your license plate says blowing.
The other day my neighbor was looking at the car and asked - Whats a Bluewing?

Maybe he remembered that my name for the Audi S4 was the Blue Streak....

Installed rear rock guards by ZL1 Addons. Installation was pretty straight forward, but not taking wheels out added a small amount of challenge. Nothing, though, a wrench and fingers could not address 😅

Guards match the front ones well! Looks like car came like this from the factory.

20240128_202121.jpg

Installed rear rock guards by ZL1 Addons. Installation was pretty straight forward, but not taking wheels out added a small amount of challenge. Nothing, though, a wrench and fingers could not address 😅

Guards match the front ones well! Looks like car came like this from the factory.

View attachment 23891
They look great. Go Cats! (although this season...)

Decided to give this OE replica front splitter a shot. Made by Anderson Composites. Great fitment and the carbon seems good. Good option for any 5BW owners that didn’t get the CF1 package. (Way cheaper than sourcing the OE splitter and side wickers as well).
IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg
IMG_2886.jpeg

I let my youngest son drive it for the first time. He drives an older (slightly modded) Toyota/Scion 86. He immediately commented on how good the brakes were....then he was like..."were going 70! - I'm hardly even pushing it!" etc I had him take it on a nice local curvy road to get the feel of the handling...he was impressed. He commented on how quiet it was...particularly accelerating....compared to his 86.

Trying something out that has worked on other forums before. Just a general thread to talk about what we've done to our cars!

To start, I put the battery tender back on the car since we were teased with warm weather here in Michigan last week just to have it be cold and rainy now for another week...

:beer

In my life time I have found out some things the hard way. Always put on a battery tender, Never use a K N air filter, Dont buy the cheapest thing because it probley is

Finally had time to detail the car for the first time today. It's like therapy for me. Plus, I love the constant compliments the car gets while I do it. It's amazing how dirty it got in three weeks.
1000000755.jpg
1000000751.jpg
1000000749.jpg
1000000754.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace