Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Topping off while fueling

TmzBlackWing

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V
I know your not supposed to do this but am wondering if anyone with a CT5 Blackwing has ever fully topped off the gas tank to where you can see the gas at the top of the fill tube and if there were any problems after with the vapor recovery system or anything?

greta-how-dare-you.gif

Use the phone at Sams at times with the QR code at the pump and the "patrol" lady has gotten on my ass about the phone! DO NOT USE! :) Hilarious, don't argue just laff! Haven't tried rotating the nozzle yet to 3 O'clock or so, usually I pull back a bit. Sometimes it burps gas when its gets close to fill when you do that? Range on the 5 has been about 170 something to 215 miles if I remember correctly on a "full" tank. Crazy, how we are experiencing this?

Every automaker will tell you not to fill that far. The emission control system will get fouled up, you'll get a check engine light and possibly have to have a dealer visit.

Costco (and probably others) have the tap to pay with your phone on the pump. Agree that it is not recommended to fill the neck. Damage to the EVAP system could result from soaking the filter elements. FWIW, I have not had any issues filling (mostly Costco) with my 5V. I pull the nozzle when it clicks off and don't try to add any more.

Use the phone at Sams at times with the QR code at the pump and the "patrol" lady has gotten on my ass about the phone! DO NOT USE! :) Hilarious, don't argue just laff! Haven't tried rotating the nozzle yet to 3 O'clock or so, usually I pull back a bit. Sometimes it burps gas when its gets close to fill when you do that? Range on the 5 has been about 170 something to 215 miles if I remember correctly on a "full" tank. Crazy, how we are experiencing this?
Your range seems way to low unless your foot hasn't lifted. I was around 250 and last fill was over 300

Your range seems way to low unless your foot hasn't lifted. I was around 250 and last fill was over 300
What’s your average speed as shown in the trip computer? I drive mostly on city streets with an average speed below 25mph and fill up at ~190miles. Last fill up was 15.5gal which is 12.3mpg. Pretty close to advertised 13mpg. When I drive highway I can get 22mpg.

What’s your average speed as shown in the trip computer? I drive mostly on city streets with an average speed below 25mph and fill up at ~190miles. Last fill up was 15.5gal which is 12.3mpg. Pretty close to advertised 13mpg. When I drive highway I can get 22mpg.
Last 2 trip were mostly highway, padded my numbers

Can't get enough of the LT4 roar, she is broke in! 80% of my driving is city stop and go. Someone else posted a pic which had 400 miles on the range and a full tank! I have yet to come anywhere near that! Having some fun not getting that range ;)

Last edited:
I always top mine off...the tank is so dad gum small, I need to squeeze all I can out of it.

I will let y'all know about my next fill up in March of next year.... For the 5BW of course...
Looks like I'm in the same boat, just had a blast of winter here. Roads brined and salted and to add I just had rotator cuff surgery on right side so no shifting for me for a while 🤕

Looks like I'm in the same boat, just had a blast of winter here. Roads brined and salted and to add I just had rotator cuff surgery on right side so no shifting for me for a while 🤕
We can still sit in the garage and look at them and rub them down with a soft towel, LOL...

I'm going to have to learn to be ambidextrous
It’s quite doable and there are certain advantages to shifting with the left hand with a certain special person in the passenger seat.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back