Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 Blackwing Manual Shut Off

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
I was letting my CT5 blackwing just idle on its own in the garage to burn through some old gas and let the car warm up. After approx 10 mins while I was sweeping around the garage, the car just shut off on its own. Still have couple gallons of gas in the tank. Does Cadillac have a auto car shut off if no driver present?

I remember actually seeing a message pop up on the display stating this while I had the car outside running and I was out of it.

Just fill up the tank and add some StarTron and you’ll be fine.

I was letting my CT5 blackwing just idle on its own in the garage to burn through some old gas.
greta-how-dare-you.gif

Just fill up the tank and add some StarTron and you’ll be fine.
The problem is I’m in MN and the roads are full of ice/snow here and there so worried about sliding out on these summer tires. The car was shipped to me with only 1.5 gallons.
Been a pain to go to gas station with a 2.5 gallon lawn mower gas can to fill her up. Rather I just bought pure non ethanol gas and that should be stable through winter without stabilizer.

It shuts down on its own. It happened to me while waiting..Message came up on screen it would shut down if no other actions made in x amount of time.

You have 93 no-ethanol fuel? That’s the 1st time I have ever heard that. Most non-ethanol fuel is for landscaping equipment and boats.

You have 93 no-ethanol fuel? That’s the 1st time I have ever heard that. Most non-ethanol fuel is for landscaping equipment and boats.
It’s 92 octane no-ethanol fuel. U use it for boats, landscape, collector cars but since it has zero ethanol doesn’t have the issues with winter storage.

my 2022 4v BW did same thing while I was inside car - saw same message and sure enough, off it went (actually annoying, but I understand why)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back