Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Strange noise from passenger side front wheel area

Powerhungry

Seasoned Member
There's a very noticeable clicking sound from somewhere in the area of the passenger front wheel area. It's a rotational noise - i.e. it's rhythmic, as if it's either coming from a rotating part or something is touching it. It is not a valvetrain sound - it's clearly not from the engine but from down below somewhere near the wheel, towards the back of the engine block. It goes away beyond 1000 rpm. Doesn't seem to affect performance, but annoying as heck when idling. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Some folks think it might be the direct injection pump but I didn't hear this in a local friend's car - so I think it's an issue that's unfortunately specific to my car.

Any ideas/thoughts greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I had something very similar when turning more than 25%, you could hear click/tick click/tick click/tick with the speed rotation of the wheel. I tried, but could never get the noise to be preset on audio/video recording.

Did you resolve this? I had the dealer "listen" to me reproduce it two different times, the second time they had some ideas including "Wheel clicking", but the vehicle was going to sit in their lot over the weekend, so I brought it home.

I did some research, and these were the likely contributors to my issue: 1) torqueing the lugnuts and 2) performing the following procedure, which is to clean of the mounting surfaces of the rotor and wheel:

On my initial test drive, which consisted of 1) finding a large enough intersection that was away from anyone, 2) getting into a roundabout path and crank the wheel all the way to the right (like a roundabout in Britain) 3) gain enough speed to not break the tires loose but enough to repro the issue, but alas 4) listen to that sweet silence of no clicking anymore.
It rained that afternoon, so it's been in the garage for 4 days since the test drive. It's dried out enough today, so I will go gas up and hit some onramps to see if I indeed have resolved the issue.

Second drive in the '23 5BW (MT) began at 28 miles on the odometer - clicking that increases in frequency with velocity, no sound at idle. Occurs with AC on or off, checked for any obvious loose panels. Appears to be coming from one of the front wheels but difficult to tell - possibly the same issue as the video above? I appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• IMG-3984.MOV
    12.6 MB
I had something very similar when turning more than 25%, you could hear click/tick click/tick click/tick with the speed rotation of the wheel. I tried, but could never get the noise to be preset on audio/video recording.

Did you resolve this? I had the dealer "listen" to me reproduce it two different times, the second time they had some ideas including "Wheel clicking", but the vehicle was going to sit in their lot over the weekend, so I brought it home.

I did some research, and these were the likely contributors to my issue: 1) torqueing the lugnuts and 2) performing the following procedure, which is to clean of the mounting surfaces of the rotor and wheel:

On my initial test drive, which consisted of 1) finding a large enough intersection that was away from anyone, 2) getting into a roundabout path and crank the wheel all the way to the right (like a roundabout in Britain) 3) gain enough speed to not break the tires loose but enough to repro the issue, but alas 4) listen to that sweet silence of no clicking anymore.
It rained that afternoon, so it's been in the garage for 4 days since the test drive. It's dried out enough today, so I will go gas up and hit some onramps to see if I indeed have resolved the issue.
sorry, just saw this...never resolved my issue, I don't think it's related to the above - it only seems to occur when the car is idling or just crawling (eg. when I'm putting it in the garage)....did you figure out your issue?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back