Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Driver side window/headliner buzzing sound

CT5-V Model
I taped off windshield seam at the A pillar and put some tape around the side view mirror areas where it meets the door ....still have buzzing but somewhat reduced. I also tried the dollar bill test and the dollar slides around fairly easily with the door closed. Dollar bill test on the passenger side it slides but not as easily. I think it's something to do with door alignment on the driver side. Unfortunately with our cars we can't adjust the striker to get better seal with door.

Last edited:
I had a buzzing sound coming from the driver door since I got the car last year. Its fixed as far as I can tell.
I brought it in for an oil change 2 days ago and mentioned the buzzing sound. For me it typically occurred at 50 mph and higher speeds. It took the technician 2 test drives to hear it as well. I am sure if your brain never encountered it you might not notice it right away or he might just liked to drive the car a 2nd time. If you heard it once you'll never not notice it.
They took the driver door apart and determined the following:
Wire harness tags, sticker labels for door panel could be flapping when catching wind. Piece of electrical tape loose in the door.
The invoice doesn't state what they did but they must have secured/removed the labels/tags/electrical tape.

I had a buzzing sound coming from the driver door since I got the car last year. Its fixed as far as I can tell.
I brought it in for an oil change 2 days ago and mentioned the buzzing sound. For me it typically occurred at 50 mph and higher speeds. It took the technician 2 test drives to hear it as well. I am sure if your brain never encountered it you might not notice it right away or he might just liked to drive the car a 2nd time. If you heard it once you'll never not notice it.
They took the driver door apart and determined the following:
Wire harness tags, sticker labels for door panel could be flapping when catching wind. Piece of electrical tape loose in the door.
The invoice doesn't state what they did but they must have secured/removed the labels/tags/electrical tape.
Wow! Thanks for sharing.....they went the extra mile for you there! The noise seems to be coming from the upper part of the door, almost at the headliner.

Wow! Thanks for sharing.....they went the extra mile for you there! The noise seems to be coming from the upper part of the door, almost at the headliner.
Thats how it was for me as well. It seemed to be close to my left ear.

I've taken apart door panels on practically ever car I've owned. It's a easy couple hours work I would do myself to avoid going to the dealer. I'm going to try the windshield trim taping first, and if no luck, take the door panel apart. In the meantime I just keep the music on when on the highway.

I know the exact rattle you are talking about, My 22 had the issue, I felt like it would never be found or that the dealer woukd even pay mind to the issue. It sounded like a small tag catching wind so the explination ChiBW gave seems spot on.
I Traded the 22 for a 23 and have not had the rattle, but I do have a rattle coming from the passenger side B pillar area, possibly rear passenger door that I have not been locate. Its not as often as the issue on the 22 but it does drive ones OCD crazy.

Rubberduck -- did you ever pull the door panel apart as suggested by ChiBW? I have been putting up with the low-level buzz on my 2023 CT5 V every time I hit the highway. It drives me nuts. My dealer had it for two days and did the tape on the outside door areas-- no luck. Still there. I'm going to pull the door panel off this weekend and see if I can find it myself. Like you, I've done it before. I'll look for loose wire harnesses and pull any tags out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back