Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ticking Noise on 4BW

sethsquire

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
I'm getting what I can only describe as a faint rapid ticking noise in my 4. It sounds like its coming from the dash area, but nothing I press or manipulate on the dash or door quiets it down. It will, however, quiet down when I initially press down on the clutch, and the ticking speed seems to vary with the engine speed.

Any ideas or insight, fellas?

I'm getting what I can only describe as a faint rapid ticking noise in my 4. It sounds like its coming from the dash area, but nothing I press or manipulate on the dash or door quiets it down. It will, however, quiet down when I initially press down on the clutch, and the ticking speed seems to vary with the engine speed.

I have same ticking. Only hear it at idle. Same thing as you. Open your hood and tell me if you thinks it's coming from the engine.

I have same ticking. Only hear it at idle. Same thing as you. Open your hood and tell me if you thinks it's coming from the engine.
I did that last night and I actually think it is, though I wouldn't say it was just idle. Maybe low revs in general.

So it goes away when you initially press on the clutch, but then comes back when the clutch is fully depressed? Does it get louder with the windows down?

That is strange, I will check on my car tomorrow.

The high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) makes a ticking sound on these cars at idle. It's located at the rear of the driver's side cylinder head, close to the firewall. If this is the noise you're hearing, that's completely normal.

The high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) makes a ticking sound on these cars at idle. It's located at the rear of the driver's side cylinder head, close to the firewall. If this is the noise you're hearing, that's completely normal.
thank you!

Thanks. That's kind of annoying that they would situate it where it would transmit a ticking noise to the interior. Sounds like its rattling the dash inside

Thanks. That's kind of annoying that they would situate it where it would transmit a ticking noise to the interior. Sounds like its rattling the dash inside
It's covered with all sorts of sound deadening material. If it really bothers you, just order some of our downpipes. ;)

It's covered with all sorts of sound deadening material. If it really bothers you, just order some of our downpipes. ;)

Is it supposed to make the sound off idle? I'm pretty sure it makes it when driving at low revs...

Is it supposed to make the sound off idle? I'm pretty sure it makes it when driving at low revs...
The HPFP always makes a ticking sound. It's just most evident at idle.

Update: This noise is really pissing me off so I'm taking it to the dealer to get looked at. Fully anticipating a run-around. Smh

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back