Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Driver side window/headliner buzzing sound

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
I know this has been posted in other threads but I wanted to start a new one since this is getting a bit annoying....I know some others here have had this issue. As previously stated at speeds above 60 mph there is an annoying buzz at the top of the driver side window near the headliner. I tried different ways to isolate or reduce the sound...taping up the exterior around the door trim, rubber feet inside the pull handle etc but the buzzing is still there. I think I may have isolated it to the headliner area just above the door...when I press the area the buzzing seems to reduce but moves to another spot. Since it's right by my ear it's hard to ignore, even with the music. Taking it to the dealer (again!) for sound and engine hesitation (going to have them do specific diagnostics this time). If any of you guys have had this driver side window noise could you post if the issue was resolved?
Thanks!

Have the same noise and unresolved. - Have not brought it up to the dealer because I'm dealing with other issues. I only bring up one thing at a time with my dealer. But I'm convinced that it's related to airflow. I say this because in very windy conditions the noise is dependent of wind direction. At it's not related to road surface conditions.

Did yall ever figure out a fix on this?

I have had my 5wing for about 4 months and this incessant irritating noise is driving me insane. I'm a bit OCD but I find this completely unacceptable in a $100k+ automobile. I had bought this to be a car I would love and drive for many many years but this issue is ruining it for me. I'm pissed.

Did yall ever figure out a fix on this?

I have had my 5wing for about 4 months and this incessant irritating noise is driving me insane. I'm a bit OCD but I find this completely unacceptable in a $100k+ automobile. I had bought this to be a car I would love and drive for many many years but this issue is ruining it for me. I'm pissed.
Dropping it off on the 13th at the dealer to look at

Dropping it off on the 13th at the dealer to look at
Please keep us posted on what happens.

I had thought about taking it in for a warranty claim but my past experience with dealer service on abstruse issues like this is they keep the car for a week, do nothing or claim not to be able to find the issue, and then I get the car back with some mileage added and wonder what their 17 year old valet did to it while he was out joyriding.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

I had thought about taking it in for a warranty claim but my past experience with dealer service on abstruse issues like this is they keep the car for a week, do nothing or claim not to be able to find the issue, and then I get the car back with some mileage added and wonder what their 17 year old valet did to it while he was out joyriding.
I hear you ...this happened to me last time. This time will take the tech out with me and demonstrate clearly

I hear you ...this happened to me last time. This time will take the tech out with me and demonstrate clearly
Make sure to ask for a tech that can hear. Not kidding, I had some rattle problems with a Mercedes and I could clearly hear it and the tech just said “ I don’t hear anything.”

I’ve tried to record the buzzing sound with my phone but for some reason it doesn’t pick it up.

Ive had this exact issue but amazingly in the past few months it’s gone away. Im sure it will come back. It was driving me nuts.

So car is at the dealer for the drl recall. I had them look at the buzzing issue and through process of elimination they are saying it's a bad seal on the windshield on the left where air is coming through....I am hoping they are right 😳. They will be resealing the windshield. Also had them log the car for engine hesitation as per the TSB but they are saying no issues with the log. They are not able to see the bucking issue....TSB says to log the car when the issue happens but they tried 5 times and could not recreate the issue.

So car is at the dealer for the drl recall. I had them look at the buzzing issue and through process of elimination they are saying it's a bad seal on the windshield on the left where air is coming through....I am hoping they are right 😳. They will be resealing the windshield. Also had them log the car for engine hesitation as per the TSB but they are saying no issues with the log. They are not able to see the bucking issue....TSB says to log the car when the issue happens but they tried 5 times and could not recreate the issue.
I wonder if the engine hesitation is the same issue many of us have had. Mine was just recently resolved (a week ago) after being at the dealership for a month. But, they were able to recreate it without problem - albeit, it was happening every time i drove it.

I wonder if the engine hesitation is the same issue many of us have had. Mine was just recently resolved (a week ago) after being at the dealership for a month. But, they were able to recreate it without problem - albeit, it was happening every time i drove it.
What was your engine issue? 😁....was it cam related as in the TSB?

All fixed now? mine is so intermittent that they are not doing anything. What was the fix?
Its only been a week so I will be cautious to say its fixed. But it hasnt done it since. Everyone I know who has had the same issue and had this piece fixed has not had it reoccur.

They replaced the Camshaft Position Actuator Magnet. Exactly as suggested on the TSB.

They replaced the Camshaft Position Actuator Magnet. Exactly as suggested on the TSB.
And it only took them one month to do that. You have a very competent dealer.

And it only took them one month to do that. You have a very competent dealer.
Week 1 - transmission guy was on PTO
Week 2 - engine guy was on PTO. I sent the TSB number to the service writer in the meantime.
Week 3 - problem diagnosis and computer readout sent to GM
Week 4 - GM comes back with the TSB I mentioned on week 2

I get it though...they cant take my word for it that its the issue. They have to get official confirmation from GM.

Week 1 - transmission guy was on PTO
Week 2 - engine guy was on PTO. I sent the TSB number to the service writer in the meantime.
Week 3 - problem diagnosis and computer readout sent to GM
Week 4 - GM comes back with the TSB I mentioned on week 2

I get it though...they cant take my word for it that its the issue. They have to get official confirmation from GM.
How many tries did it take for them to recreate the issue?

How many tries did it take for them to recreate the issue?
One. But again…it got to the point where it happened on every drive. This had been third time I brought it in for the same issue. First time they couldn’t get it to happen. Second time they fixed something else which helped it for a month. Then it got really bad.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back