Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car wouldn't move and after 4 attempts, car moved and now there is a noise coming from the left front.

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
I am starting a new thread in reference to my old thread. Basically, my car would not go forward or backwards. Transmission lights were working in all gears. I disconnected the negative battery terminal and after 1 hour started the car and the car broke lose as if the brakes were sticking. No dash lights with an alert occurred. Parking brake light on the dash was off. After driving the car around the block, there is a noise from the left front I believe. It happens as you apply the brakes and slows or speeds up depending on your speed. Any ideas? The brakes work fine. This isn't after washing my car.

Keep driving it, these brakes are very sensitive to moisture in my experience with the car. Mine will do this after a drive in the rain or even like today when there were light flurries and it is wet out. Get up to higher speeds and use them off and on and they’ll get rid of the surface rust or whatever debris is on them.

Assuming it’s a fairly quiet noise and not a very loud one, otherwise something else maybe stick in there

My Kia Telluride has some new tech electric brake system, like Mercedes Benz has. It looks like a second brake caliper on the rear rotors. When my mechanic saw it, he made a sour face and said that they are expensive to do repairs on , when they go bad. I'm not sure if the BW's have them.

My Kia Telluride has some new tech electric brake system, like Mercedes Benz has. It looks like a second brake caliper on the rear rotors. When my mechanic saw it, he made a sour face and said that they are expensive to do repairs on , when they go bad. I'm not sure if the BW's have them.
I am starting to think that it might be a caliper. With only 4,000 miles on the 7 month old car, I only hope warranty will cover this. My tow truck comes today and I think I will still have it towed. I had a Camry that I drove to the dealer and it had a stuck caliper and the service advisor stated that the car should not be driven because it could start a fire.

I am starting a new thread in reference to my old thread. Basically, my car would not go forward or backwards. Transmission lights were working in all gears. I disconnected the negative battery terminal and after 1 hour started the car and the car broke lose as if the brakes were sticking. No dash lights with an alert occurred. Parking brake light on the dash was off. After driving the car around the block, there is a noise from the left front I believe. It happens as you apply the brakes and slows or speeds up depending on your speed. Any ideas? The brakes work fine. This isn't after washing my car.
I see you only drove around the block. If you had a stuck pad/caliper or surface rust on the rotor I would drive more and get the brakes heated up. If it were me I would even bed the brakes a bit, get some heat in them. These are performance brakes and can be noisy, squeaky, etc.

A few days ago I thought I had left the parking brake on when I tired to start and move and it didn't go. Parking brake wasn't on and it broke free after giving it some gas - this was after sitting all day in the rain with an overnight freeze.

I had this happen to me in my 17 Buick Encore last year. The calipers were frozen. Took a lot of throttle and after a couple of miles, freed up to normal. In my case it was the parking brake sticking. So now when it's cold, I don't use the parking brake anymore. Haven't had any issues since I started not using the parking brake.

I drove the car this morning and the noise that I heard has gone away. The car drives and brakes normally. No tow truck needed. I think I will stop using the emergency brake on level services especially when I know that I won't be driving the car for a few days. I really appreciate all of the suggestions. This was an interesting problem and I am glad that it is resolved.

I had this happen to me in my 17 Buick Encore last year. The calipers were frozen. Took a lot of throttle and after a couple of miles, freed up to normal. In my case it was the parking brake sticking. So now when it's cold, I don't use the parking brake anymore. Haven't had any issues since I started not using the parking brake.
I'm really sorry you own(ed) a Buick Encore.

I'm really sorry you own(ed) a Buick Encore.
It's actually been one of the most trouble free cars I've owned. Nice riding and has every option except awd and sunroof. It does the job it's designed to do. Slow and reliable.

I leave the fun stuff to the Caddy and my GTO's ;)

It's actually been one of the most trouble free cars I've owned. Nice riding and has every option except awd and sunroof. It does the job it's designed to do. Slow and reliable.

I leave the fun stuff to the Caddy and my GTO's ;)
That GTO is a great sleeper car...those that know know...those that don't used to (and still can) get smoked. I ran one once in my Audi S4 and have to say he was viewing my taillights...but from a very close distance...(Audi was about a 4 sec 0-60 and in the high? 11s in the 1/4...

That GTO is a great sleeper car...those that know know...those that don't used to (and still can) get smoked. I ran one once in my Audi S4 and have to say he was viewing my taillights...but from a very close distance...(Audi was about a 4 sec 0-60 and in the high? 11s in the 1/4...
Yep. Both of mine are modded making the Caddy the lowest power of the 3. All are still fun :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back