Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Driver side window/headliner buzzing sound

CT5-V Model
One. But again…it got to the point where it happened on every drive. This had been third time I brought it in for the same issue. First time they couldn’t get it to happen. Second time they fixed something else which helped it for a month. Then it got really bad.
Yeah this is my second attempt....I can't expect them to do anything unless they can recreate it

I get it though...they cant take my word for it that its the issue. They have to get official confirmation from GM.
I actually wasn't joking, one month is very quick turnaround in today's society. It took me 5 months to get a factory damaged CF dash part replaced.

I actually wasn't joking, one month is very quick turnaround in today's society. It took me 5 months to get a factory damaged CF dash part replaced.
😂 I really did take it as sarcasm. But you’re not wrong. It’s taking quite a long time to get things resolved which blows.

Customer service becoming an endangered species? Still in play I belive however, fading fast out there from what we experience.... Gotta take pride in the task, it's yours in the endeavor that finds you, wear it and do it well....:(

Customer service becoming an endangered species? Still in play I belive however, fading fast out there from what we experience.... Gotta take pride in the task, it's yours in the endeavor that finds you, wear it and do it well....:(
No communications from them I have to reach out....they have had the car for a week....it feels like they are just guessing. I asked them if they were 100% sure it was the windshield (I did not see issues there), and then then they said it's not the windshield. I may have to go get the car from them and live with this noise.

No communications from them I have to reach out....they have had the car for a week....it feels like they are just guessing. I asked them if they were 100% sure it was the windshield (I did not see issues there), and then then they said it's not the windshield. I may have to go get the car from them and live with this noise.
That’s a real bummer. I have some other work being done on my car next week then after that I’m going to make an appointment to have the buzzing checked out. It’s definitely wind noise and it can only be the door or windshield. Have they offered any hypotheses other than that?

That’s a real bummer. I have some other work being done on my car next week then after that I’m going to make an appointment to have the buzzing checked out. It’s definitely wind noise and it can only be the door or windshield. Have they offered any hypotheses other than that?
Nothing so far ...I feel the door alignment may be off....there is also some play in the door...I can almost push it when closed.

So after keeping the car for 7 plus days the dealer service manager said the noise is "commercially acceptable" and no fix. If anyone had this successfully fixed will be great to know.

They don’t have a clue apparently and just punted. I had some rattle problems with my AMG and the dealer wasn’t able to help. I ended up removing part of the headliner and found the problem. This buzzing issue seams much more straight forward and I suspect in my case it’s the trim/gaskets around the side window. If I have to, I’ll have those replaced at my own cost.

They don’t have a clue apparently and just punted. I had some rattle problems with my AMG and the dealer wasn’t able to help. I ended up removing part of the headliner and found the problem. This buzzing issue seams much more straight forward and I suspect in my case it’s the trim/gaskets around the side window. If I have to, I’ll have those replaced at my own cost.
May take it to my detailer and their body shop to diagnose

You know when it first started doing it I could have sworn that it was noise coming through the speaker (maybe the ANC malfunctioning). I think that was my imagination, but I'm going to pull the F26 fuse (disable the amp) in the trunk and check that anyway since it's an easy thing.

Same here. It sounds like this is a really common issue.

Does it always only seem to be on the driver side. Has anyone ever heard it near the passenger side window?

Does it always only seem to be on the driver side. Has anyone ever heard it near the passenger side window?
Nothing on the passenger side in my car....I was the passenger when the tech test drove my car.... couldn't hear a thing.... couldn't even hear the driver side buzzing.

Apparently this was also a problem with the 2014 to 2016 Camaro SS. Four pages of posts, but to summarize it appears to be either the door molding/weather stripping or windshield molding at the A-pillar fluttering with air pressure. One person taped the windshield molding along the A-pillar and noise went away. I’m up for trying this soon. Likely fixes are replacing the molding or a door realignment.

Apparently this was also a problem with the 2014 to 2016 Camaro SS. Four pages of posts, but to summarize it appears to be either the door molding/weather stripping or windshield molding at the A-pillar fluttering with air pressure. One person taped the windshield molding along the A-pillar and noise went away. I’m up for trying this soon. Likely fixes are replacing the molding or a door realignment.
Yeah, you could always throw some tape on different seams or openings to see if you can mitigate it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back