Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PTM modes

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
How do I change the PTM modes on a car without the special steering wheel that comes with the PTM knob?

In V mode or track mode, push the traction control button twice and the menu should pop up for PTM. Then you should be able to use your mode up and down buttons by the shifter to change the PTM mode. I noticed that I cannot change PTM in my mode, tour, sport, snow/ice.

Is this the same for everyone?

Does someone have a better procedure for accessing this menu without PTM on the steering wheel?

In V mode or track mode, push the traction control button twice and the menu should pop up for PTM. Then you should be able to use your mode up and down buttons by the shifter to change the PTM mode. I noticed that I cannot change PTM in my mode, tour, sport, snow/ice.

Is this the same for everyone?

Does someone have a better procedure for accessing this menu without PTM on the steering wheel?

Thanks. I was trying to change it in Tour mode last night and it wasn't working.

PTM is for Track mode only. It’s all laid out in the V-Series Convenience & Personalization Guide.
No, PTM is also available in V-Mode. You have to configure which PTM setting you want in the V-Mode edit setting, and then double-press the V button to access it.

No, PTM is also available in V-Mode. You have to configure which PTM setting you want in the V-Mode edit setting, and then double-press the V button to access it.
Of course, that’s what I use mostly. But when the PTM slider is moved to the right the car goes into Track mode. When the Engine/Shift slider is above the first setting that is effectively Track mode.

Is there a quicker way to get out of track/PTM modes than dialing it back to inactive? I was having fun playing with LC yesterday and noticed it was kind of clunky to get out of those modes when done.

FWIW, I got a 4.1 to 60 with my wife and daughter in the car, not bad at all.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners