Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT4-V Blackwing no serial number on steering wheel

you can source the v button button and PTM toggle switch from a place like GMpartsdirect.com

I would imagine the core would not include those

I just realized that since I always put my 5BW away for the winter, I will never use the heated steering wheel or seats.
I will probably never use the window defrosters either !

What is this "defroster" thingy you speak of? Sounds like ice or something we don't get here in southern AZ. 😂

you can source the v button button and PTM toggle switch from a place like GMpartsdirect.com

I would imagine the core would not include those
The V Mode button is on the right side of the steering wheel next to the volume buttons. You can see it in the pictures of the wheel. The PTM is below the cup holders.

Update - I talked to a Cadillac dealer in Phoenix, and they had some Cadillacs ship with the wrong steering wheels. We pulled up my invoice printout, compared it to some BWs they had in stock, and determined I should have the performance steering wheel with carbon fiber and SN. I called Cadillac and spoke with them. They created a case number and will contact the dealership and ship a new steering wheel.

Update - I talked to a Cadillac dealer in Phoenix, and they had some Cadillacs ship with the wrong steering wheels. We pulled up my invoice printout, compared it to some BWs they had in stock, and determined I should have the performance steering wheel with carbon fiber and SN. I called Cadillac and spoke with them. They created a case number and will contact the dealership and ship a new steering wheel.
Keep us updated please. I want to know if it's easy for them to put a SN plate after the fact.

View attachment 22079
This is listed as, Steering Wheel, performance leather wrapped, thick rim w/v mode button. BUT later reads Steering Wheel, heated, Automatic. Maybe the heated steering wheel changed the serial number option.
This is a steering wheel of a CT4-V and not a Blackwing.

I'm obviously wrong, at some point I thought that only the manual transmission cars had the number plate on the steering wheel. Dang, you just can't trust what you read/hear/see on the Internet!

I read somewhere that only the cars with Carbon Fiber Option 1 have the numbered wheel. The first two numbers indicate auto or manual and last 3 of vin....if I'm not mistaken....

Last edited:
I read somewhere that only the cars with Carbon Fiber Option 1 have the numbered wheel. The first two numbers indicate auto or manual and last 3 of vin....if I'm not mistaken....
You don't have to get CF1 to get the upgraded steering wheel. On the VIN plate, the first number indicates CT4 or CT5, the second number is the transmission.

Hey wait a minute - my car is also missing the number plate, I guess I just didn't get that option
/s

Attachments

• PXL_20240110_170116679.jpg
    PXL_20240110_170116679.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 77
Hey wait a minute - my car is also missing the number plate, I guess I just didn't get that option
/s
You have the holes for the plate. Is yours pre owned? Maybe the previous owner took it. If you bought new, it appears to be gone. I'd go complain to your dealer

I thought that the numbered plate meant thats how much the dealer actually paid for the car. What you actually paid was pure profit for the dealership ! LOL !

Attachments

• 20220727_200441.jpg
    20220727_200441.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 23
The first 2 numbers 41/46(CT4) indicate auto-41, man-46 and last 3 prod number.

Nah, that's only on the Z06's... First two are length and girth of shaft to be buried in rear. The second 3 are he IPM insertions per minute..... 🤣🤣🤣

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back