Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT4-V Blackwing no serial number on steering wheel

clinderrieden

My new 2023 CT4-V Blackwing came without the serial number on the steering wheel. The sales manager said they only put those on special edition versions. However, I just received an email from Cadillac that showed all CT4-V Blackwings come with a serialized plate on the steering wheel. Did something change for 2023? I have the performance leather steering wheel and the large V-Mode button shown on the left side (most pictures) is now a small button on the right and the traction selection is near the cup holder.

Hm, seems odd. My 2023 with the performance steering wheel is numbered.

I agree with Steelwing, seems odd. As far as I am aware, all Blackwings come with the serial number plaque on the steering wheel. The special edition cars do have special numbers to indicate which special edition they are, but the plaque is not exclusive to those cars.

As for the buttons, the Blackwing steering wheel should have the big V button on the left side and the selector on the right side for PTM mode selection. It sounds like the steering wheel you have is the one out of the regular CT4-V. That doesn't sound right to me.

Hm, seems odd. My 2023 with the performance steering wheel is numbered.
IMG_1699.jpeg

This is listed as, Steering Wheel, performance leather wrapped, thick rim w/v mode button. BUT later reads Steering Wheel, heated, Automatic. Maybe the heated steering wheel changed the serial number option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
I agree with Steelwing, seems odd. As far as I am aware, all Blackwings come with the serial number plaque on the steering wheel. The special edition cars do have special numbers to indicate which special edition they are, but the plaque is not exclusive to those cars.

As for the buttons, the Blackwing steering wheel should have the big V button on the left side and the selector on the right side for PTM mode selection. It sounds like the steering wheel you have is the one out of the regular CT4-V. That doesn't sound right to me.
Posted pics of the steering wheel and window sticker. Maybe supply chain shortages LOL but it does have a V Mode button.

If my Blackwing did not include the BW specific steering wheel, I would not be laughing at all. I wonder if maybe a base 4 Blackwing does not include it and needs to be optioned? I have never seen a 4 or 5 without the usual Blackwing steering wheel.

This is listed as, Steering Wheel, performance leather wrapped, thick rim w/v mode button. BUT later reads Steering Wheel, heated, Automatic. Maybe the heated steering wheel changed the serial number option.
Just checked my window sticker, my wheel is also listed as "Steering Wheel, Performance Leather Wrapped, Thick Rim w/ V-Mode Button" and I also have the "Steering Wheel, Heated, Automatic" option. For brevity, my steering wheel has the serial number plaque, V-mode button on the left, and the PTM mode selector on the right. I doubt they decided to put on a non-Blackwing steering wheel because of supply chain issues. If there had been issues, production of the car would have been delayed. I really think your car just had the wrong steering wheel put on.

Just checked my window sticker, my wheel is also listed as "Steering Wheel, Performance Leather Wrapped, Thick Rim w/ V-Mode Button" and I also have the "Steering Wheel, Heated, Automatic" option. For brevity, my steering wheel has the serial number plaque, V-mode button on the left, and the PTM mode selector on the right. I doubt they decided to put on a non-Blackwing steering wheel because of supply chain issues. If there had been issues, production of the car would have been delayed. I really think your car just had the wrong steering wheel put on.
What does the "V" mode button do? You can select from many modes on a switch below and right of the cup holders.

By the way, great resolution on your photo. Don

What does the "V" mode button do? You can select from many modes on a switch below and right of the cup holders.

By the way, great resolution on your photo. Don
The V-mode button puts the car into the aptly named V-mode. Just a brief description, this mode is like My Mode, but you get a few more customization parameters. It also allows you to activate PTM modes higher than Dry without going into Track mode and, with a PTM mode selected, enables things such as launch control or the 0-60 timer. I've customized it to be on the more aggressive side of things. I like to use it as a way to quickly switch to Tour mode when I want things to be more relaxed and then back when I want things to be sharper. Since it's on the wheel, no need to take my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. I drive most of the time in V-mode.

I assume the photo you are referring to is my profile picture, and as such you have my thanks. It is a quick photo I took on my phone as I was returning to my car after a rest stop on the trek home after taking delivery.

You had to option the high performance wheel to get the VIN plate. It's order code BTH. It would show on the window sticker as STEERING WHEEL, HIGH-PERFORMANCE. 90% of the cars in the Registry were optioned with it, so that might be leading to some of the confusion.

Steering wheel, high performance 1
- Includes V-Mode button, Performance Traction Management switch, Carbon Fiber trim and VIN serialization/numbering. Available with interior color (HZQ) Jet Black with Jet Black accents. Included with interior color (HBE)/(HEA) Jet Black with Jet Black accents, (HEB) Sky Cool Gray with Jet Black accents and (HBF) Natural Tan with Jet Black accents.

Last edited:
My new 2023 CT4-V Blackwing came without the serial number on the steering wheel. The sales manager said they only put those on special edition versions. However, I just received an email from Cadillac that showed all CT4-V Blackwings come with a serialized plate on the steering wheel. Did something change for 2023? I have the performance leather steering wheel and the large V-Mode button shown on the left side (most pictures) is now a small button on the right and the traction selection is near the cup holder.
I thought the ct4v Blackwing steering wheel looks like this:

1696644721450.png

View attachment 22079
Your car wasn't optioned with the VIN stamped wheel. The INC item is the base wheel, the extra item you see is for the feature that automatically turns on the heating function when the car is remote started.

Last edited:
The V-mode button puts the car into the aptly named V-mode. Just a brief description, this mode is like My Mode, but you get a few more customization parameters. It also allows you to activate PTM modes higher than Dry without going into Track mode and, with a PTM mode selected, enables things such as launch control or the 0-60 timer. I've customized it to be on the more aggressive side of things. I like to use it as a way to quickly switch to Tour mode when I want things to be more relaxed and then back when I want things to be sharper. Since it's on the wheel, no need to take my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. I drive most of the time in V-mode.

I assume the photo you are referring to is my profile picture, and as such you have my thanks. It is a quick photo I took on my phone as I was returning to my car after a rest stop on the trek home after taking delivery.
Thanks, I'm aware of some of the features you mention, PTM and other things show up for me via another route. Don

I’m pretty sure it’s standard on all 5s.

My Road Atlant IMSA 4BW does have the serial # on the steering wheel. Don

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners